• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varna

Looking for a slight spoiler regarding
Last Bastion
. So I'm in the segment following the
three sentinel battle
and I'm just stuck on what else to do in this area. I looks like I've cleared all the areas and I unlocked the
Bell tower area
but is there another boss specific to this area? I found
Ship dock area
and I thought there might have been some item requirement to get the next area to trigger but it turns out that's just where you end up after finishing another area... Did I overlook something?

LogicStep

Playing with a torch and ENB is so much fun

Is there a way to turn off the effects in game? There are some parts in
Hunstman Copse
that's just way too dark with my settings on

I'm having trouble with it. I downloaded it and dropped the files in the Game folder but the game looks the same.

Any hints on how to progress here? I'm in Last Bastille around the
sentinels boss. There was a door I had to explode some barrels to get through and now I'm trying to get out onto a ledge.

That is the entrance to Lost Bastille if you go from after beating the Pursuer boss. There's nothing over there except the
Antiquated Key and a large Titanite Shard and a bonfire
. You don't need the
Antiquated Key
since I think you've already found the back way in to that part of the level based on comments you already provided.
It leads to the room with the Statue of mother and child, Pharros door with shortcut through level

Shahadan

Vendors with Staffs will come soon. Finish up Heide's and there will be an NPC to open up a new area for you. The path to that new area has a vendor with Staves. However, the vendor will only talk to you if you have the minimum INT and FTH stats
I believe 8 in each

Okay, thank you! I thought I had missed a npc somewhere.

To be honest I used the starter staff right up near the end on my ps3 play through. Just max it out and it is still better than most.

Interesting, I didn't really want to upgrade the base staff but wil think about it now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
question about where / how to proceed

so I just killed
royal rat, and finished Door of Pharros
, which was a bit of a dead end, now Im not sure what to do. I still have the
Chariot Boss
to do in
Huntsman Copse
, not sure if that leads to a new zone, and I just stumbled into Grave of Saints by fucking around with the hole in Majula.

my progression so far was:

Things Betwix -> Majula -> Forrest of Giants -> Tower of Flame -> No Mans Wharf -> Lost Bastille / Sinners Rise -> Huntsman Copse (minus chariot boss) -> Harvest Valley / Earthen Peak -> Iron Keep -> Shaded Wood / Door of Pharros

Did I miss anything and am I almost done? I only have 2 of the greatsouls

Zakkath

So, is there any way to change the FoV ? I'm having a hard time getting used to this game. It's messing with my eyes. Not exactly motion sickness, but something just doesn't feel right and it's quite annoying. Never had any issues in DS1.

I think I found what was causing it. I deleted GeDoSaTo and I'm not getting that unease anymore. That's a shame, cause it did improve the graphics. Any idea which setting of the mod might be the cause of that ?

question about where / how to proceed

so I just killed
royal rat, and finished Door of Pharros
, which was a bit of a dead end, now Im not sure what to do. I still have the
Chariot Boss
to do in
Huntsman Copse
, not sure if that leads to a new zone, and I just stumbled into Grave of Saints by fucking around with the hole in Majula.

my progression so far was:

Things Betwix -> Majula -> Forrest of Giants -> Tower of Flame -> No Mans Wharf -> Lost Bastille / Sinners Rise -> Huntsman Copse (minus chariot boss) -> Harvest Valley / Earthen Peak -> Iron Keep -> Shaded Wood / Door of Pharros

Did I miss anything and am I almost done? I only have 2 of the greatsouls

Chariot Boss
is optional and only leads to a new Covenant.

Looks like you still need to drop down the Pit in Majula and keep progressing past
Door of Pharros to the next area which is up the stairs past Gavlan.

EDIT: Oh, and you aren't almost done, maybe 1/3 of the way now.

Skyzard

Banned
Game is growing on me. I started a new character after lighting the bonfire too far ahead and just took things a bit slower. Really enjoying it, even had someone drop in to help out. Great fun, great game. Wasn't so fun the first 30 mins though.

Great game to shake things up between trials, bf4, trackmania and southpark!

legacyzero

Banned
So I just summoned a helper for a boss I hadn't faced yet. The bosses were dead before I could even see their names. The person I summoned just went straight SEPHIROTH mode. Wow.

Also, my weapons degrade really fast! I'm using a +7 Broadsword right now, and it degrades pretty much between Bonfires. Any advice? I'm a sword/melee kind of guy, but I don't like greatswords...

Herla

Ugh I summoned a Sunbro that was wrecking shit and my game suddenly decided that I was disconnected and activated offline mode.
It's about the third time that happened. I'm sorry Sunbro.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Chariot Boss
is optional and only leads to a new Covenant.

Looks like you still need to drop down the Pit in Majula and keep progressing past
Door of Pharros to the next area which is up the stairs past Gavlan.

EDIT: Oh, and you aren't almost done, maybe 1/3 of the way now.

oh meh, I missed something in
door of pharros
? back I go I guess. thanks dude

edit: how did I miss this path, I was even here before, I guess I backtracked and forgot bout it. And how did you know this is what I missed, are you a wizard? o_O

eot

Banned
Ugh I summoned a Sunbro that was wrecking shit and my game suddenly decided that I was disconnected and activated offline mode.
It's about the third time that happened. I'm sorry Sunbro.

That's happened to me too, not with summoning but in general. If you lose connection for even just a second (because wireless) it boots you out.

Frodo

SL 137, at the final boss area and there are very few people to summon. Matchmaking is broken

I've been trying to be summoned as a Bell bro the whole day and it is just not happening.

A few days ago I was getting summoned like crazy. Need my Invisible weapon.

Arkanius

I've been trying to be summoned as a Bell bro the whole day and it is just not happening.

A few days ago I was getting summoned like crazy. Need my Invisible weapon.

It seems people are getting overleveled way to quickly.
So the game is only working as intended in the first day if you PvP :(

Boogybro

Never mind. I just assumed the game was running fairly bad with the ENB. I still prefer Durante though. All those ENB mods always look way over done to me.

I'm getting a solid 60fps at 1080p with no problems. Game looks fantastic, i'm having a blast with it.

I have pictures. I'll post some later.

DukeBobby

After collecting all 4 great souls, how far would I be into the game?

I'm currently inside
Iron Keep
looking for the last one.

Rhaknar

After collecting all 4 great souls, how far would I be into the game?

I'm currently inside
Iron Keep
looking for the last one.

wait what...
Iron Keep
was my second o_O

AHA-Lambda

Hey guys, looking for a little advice in what I should be investing my souls in. Tbh I'm mulling over a respec, I don't want to shoot myself in the foot early.

I've just finished no man's wharf and it wasn't much of a bother, and have been maining the heide knight sword +5 (which I've just discovered scales really well with faith so I know I need to invest in that).

Anything stand out I should invest further in or reallocate?

P0wtJa4.jpg

Sanic

Just to be clear (early game spoilers),
After finishing off The Last Giant I should be leaving that area and heading back up to Majula, correct? There wasn't an alternative path or area I should have been heading to near the boss area?

After finishing off The Last Giant I should be leaving that area and heading back up to Majula, correct? There wasn't an alternative path or area I should have been heading to near the boss area?

Correct..
Or you can fight the second boss in the area.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs

I can't remember the path exactly but you're missing another Boss and after that battle it will take you to a new location

Zafir

You can go back a bit, up the lift and then to the left(to the room at the end with the 2 spear/shield dudes) through a door you can now unlock to another boss. After that boss you should go back to Majula though, yeah. Don't make the same mistake I did and try and do LB, straight after the second boss. xD I mean it was doable but, you're better off going to the areas from Majula.

LeBart

That boss dropped something that might be useful in the forest of fallen giants. ;-)
Or if you want a less vague hint,
he drops a key that opens a few doors in the area.
edit: beaten.

Sanic

Oh wow, I must have missed that
key
somehow. Thanks guys, i'll head back.

edit: missed the prompt telling me I received it, I mean.

Maybesew

Is there a way to quit the game quicker? After I quit out of playing, it then has to reload all of the menus and re-check online info etc before getting back to the menu that allows me to quit the whole game.

deeTyrant

Hey guys, looking for a little advice in what I should be investing my souls in. Tbh I'm mulling over a respec, I don't want to shoot myself in the foot early.

I've just finished no man's wharf and it wasn't much of a bother, and have been maining the heide knight sword +5 (which I've just discovered scales really well with faith so I know I need to invest in that).

Anything stand out I should invest further in or reallocate?

If you are planning with sticking with the Heide Knight Sword than yea I would definitely recommend pumping some points into Faith.

Then if you are planning on learning some miracles I'd pump some attunement, if not and plan on just dealing melee damage I'd go for adaptability (both stats raises agility, and I find as a spell caster attunement gives you more than enough agility).

I would definitely not respec yet, your stats look fine for you level and honestly I don't think improper stat allocation will have too too much of an effect on you in NG. Experiment, level up based on the gear you want to use and respec when you have a firm idea of what you want your character to do and use later in the game.

Skyzard

Banned
Is there a way to quit the game quicker? After I quit out of playing, it then has to reload all of the menus and re-check online info etc before getting back to the menu that allows me to quit the whole game.

Yeah this is dumb, I alt+f4, seems safe so far.

Although actually lol - it may not be saving when I do that!

RealMeat

Banned
I just had someone manage to take out both me and the other phantom with one ballista shot right at the start of the second boss. Couldn't help but laugh.

Finally started the game and am just exploring the beginning areas. I beat those two giant troll things in the beginning and went inside that coffin and turned into something else. I didn't go back inside the thing and just stuck with the new form.

I decided on a bandit character but at the moment haven't used the bow much because of the cost of the arrows. I guess as I get farther in the game the cost won't be an issue.

Also, the game never logs into the game server unless I load a game and quit..then go back into my save. weird

Vuze

So I placed down a summon sign but after a few minutes the game told me it disappeared? Did something go wrong?

Looking for some advice, I'm in
Earthen Peak
and I haven't really found a spear that I liked, mostly been rolling with a fire sword. I've come across
Pate again, and the thought crossed my mind to murder him for his spear. I think it has some good range akin to the Silver Knight Spear I loved so much in DS1.
Though I dunno if I should go through with it; is it worth it, or would it be
better to keep him alive for whatever he gets involved in later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom