• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacyzero

Banned
My message of encouragement to noobies resting at Majula.

iBYHWSqqIpYCT.png

didamangi

So that's what they meant by "the nature of your being has changed." Just noticed it when my character died
and he screamed like a girl.

Looking for some advice, I'm in
Earthen Peak
and I haven't really found a spear that I liked, mostly been rolling with a fire sword. I've come across
Pate again, and the thought crossed my mind to murder him for his spear. I think it has some good range akin to the Silver Knight Spear I loved so much in DS1.
Though I dunno if I should go through with it; is it worth it, or would it be
better to keep him alive for whatever he gets involved in later?

Let his quest play out and you may get your wish.

dani_dc

Just finished
No man wharf
at level 20, and I just reach
The Lost Bastille
bit afraid to level up since I don't want to overlevel myself, I have enough souls to reach level 49, what's the recommended level for being summoned around that area?

Just finished
No man wharf
at level 20, and I just reach
The Lost Bastille
bit afraid to level up since I don't want to overlevel myself, I have enough souls to reach level 49, what's the recommended level for being summoned around that area?

That should be just fine. It's not so much your soul level but soul memory so don't unnecessarily handicap yourself.

Grief.exe

Has anyone verified if the Mirror Knight is the actually original shiny version and not the bugged PS3 one?

I believe someone said earlier that it is still the console version and not the TGS version.

Though if the TGS version pops up during glitches, the assets have to be in the files. Will just be a matter of time before a modder digs them out.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can you write messages in front of illusory walls and prevent a player from opening them because they get the prompt for A (X on Playstation controller) instead?

Has anyone verified if the Mirror Knight is the actually original shiny version and not the bugged PS3 one?

Someone posted an ENB of the fight that looked damn close to the original.

Can you write messages in front of illusory walls and prevent a player from opening them because they get the prompt for A (X on Playstation controller) instead?

No, interactive walls have priority.

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs

I'm on the Mirror Knight battle and it is the same as the PS3 version.

I was also unable to get the Mirror Knight to bug when it walked over the broken columns, unless I was doing it wrong. It seemed to me that they had fixed that visual glitch.

well, I#m practicing him for like 4 hours. the hitbox of the one move is utterly broken.

Couple of options. Tank the hits with a Gyrm Greatshield or a flame infused kite shield (near 100% defense). Or get your agility stat up for rolling. Need to roll into the swings to dodge.

sikkinixx

I've done three main areas of the game
heides, Bastille, forest
and I'm now level 55 because I've been co-point a lot. Now I'm fucking paranoid I got too many souls and I won't have any luck summoning or being summoned later. Is it soul level or soul memory? The memory seems like bullshit. The game punishes you for helping others beat bosses? I would gladly take way less souls so I don't level so much.

Ugh I'm gonna have to respec too. Only my faith is above 15 (it's at 26 so miracles at hittin hard) though my hammer I started with still wrecks everything low health and stamina is an issue. Any good unique weapons I can seek out? I feel like this game is more generic weapon wise than the first.

Let his quest play out and you may get your wish.
While I'm aware that
you get his spear and more
at the end of that, I'm more curious if
it's worth waiting however long that'll take to complete, if the extra stuff is worth it, or to just off him right now for a spear I might want immediately.

Ah, decisions!

JimPanzer

Couple of options. Tank the hits with a Gyrm Greatshield or a flame infused kite shield (near 100% defense). Or get your agility stat up for rolling. Need to roll into the swings to dodge.

yeah I know all of this, can't even beat him with 2 summons. killed the last boos of iron keep first trx, bus smelter is just awful.

The_Monk

HMMM...Where did my weekend go?

Amazing... and I barely scratched the surface, taking my sweet time, exploring the word, etc. If there is one game I never rush or feel the need to proceed very often are these games. I can see myself putting much more hours without advancing much. Perhaps I should try to get some better equipment and help other souls needing assistance on the first couple of areas.

Oh, I wasn't aware that such thing existed, thanks.
How exactly does Soul Memory works?

Every time you earn souls your counter goes up, regardless if they are spent or lost. It is on your character Stat screen on the top right. All multiplayer is based off a window range around that number.

Facism

People having issues with smelter demon, are you rolling away from his horizontal swings?

Roll into the instead. You'll either roll past him or he'll move past you with no damage taken.

Dar
klurker
down. Still as easy as Dragon Rider when using a caster.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
3 down, 1 to go.
Spider boss looked awesome
.Using a lot more summoning lately, Im just not in the mood to die over and over on bosses and running back and shit, especially because im doing huge runs without dying up to the bosses, getting a load of souls and then dont want to lose them. Maybe its because I never really got a "YEAH I DID IT!" feeling from DS1 bosses after dying a lot (or the first half of DS2 bosses when I wasnt summoning), it was more of a "ugh finally I can move on" feeling (it was still my favorite game of last gen lol)

dani_dc

Every time you earn souls your counter goes up, regardless if they are spent or lost. It is on your character Stat screen on the top right. All multiplayer is based off a window range around that number.

Well that's no fun, does explain why I suddendly stopped being summoned in
Heide's Tower of Flame
. Shame that you get punished for helping others.

Thanks for the help though, now I know what to expect.

Arkanius

There is a huge giant after I beat the Undead Crypt boss. I have gotten the ring. What should I do with him? Also why is Vendrick dead (derp) and a giant walking around?

Well that's no fun, does explain why I suddendly stopped being summoned in
Heide's Tower of Flame
. Shame that you get punished for helping others.

Thanks for the help though, now I know what to expect.

Yeah it is a common complaint. It's intent was to eliminate twink builds, but it didn't even accomplish that. Hopefully it gets reworked in a patch.

There is a huge giant after I beat the Undead Crypt boss. I have gotten the ring. What should I do with him? Also why is Vendrick dead (derp) and a giant walking around?

Optional boss, come back later, you won't be able to make a dent in him now. Need a few items first.

Arkanius

Without downsampling at native 1080p I can rock the game even with boket on my 660TI, everything max with max SMAA. Sure, a tiny bit more jaggies than downsampled but boket and rockstable 60FPS makes it worth.

I think the performance loss from downsampling comes from memory and not from pushing the GPU too hard. Or am I wrong?

Spent or lost? That seems like a bizarre solution and it seems easily exploitable as well.

DukeBobby

Man, the
Smelter Demon
is pretty tough. I can get him down to half health before he decimates me.

Time to find some fire protection.

I just beat
the bosses in tower of flames I am pretty happy with myself

I was struggling big time yesterday but today I finally feel I am getting the hang of it, I was so used to my old build in DS1 that starting again really felt odd. Little by little though I am learning the slight changes this game brings.

Is
No-Mans Wharf
going to make me tear my hair out?

I think the best way From can achieve the intent of Soul Memory without all the bad side effects is to have a Soul Value of your character. Essentially, the sum of your Soul Level and all equipped gear (possibly carried inventory too since people can swap it out). That way you know people are evenly matched from a gameplay perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom