• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

moop1167

Woohoo! I think SLI is working flawlessly now!

SLI bits 0x02400405 (Payday: The Heist, Grand Ages: Rome, Aion, Grand Ages: Rome(Demo), Warframe)

Then you need to change undefined profile 0x0095DEF9 (111 Profiles) to 0x00000002 (Half-Life 2: Episode One, Alien Swarm... etc)

I am getting no slowdowns like before when looking down at the well in Majula or looking at the poison room in Earthen Peak. Also the flickering on the Majula mountain is gone. I think I'll stick with this for now.

Anyone tried this over Steam In Home Streaming? The game launches fine, but I can't get the controller to work with it. Controller works fine over streaming with other games, though...

2AdEPT

Man, fuck Soul Memory. I'm about to finish the game and the difference is staggering. Summon signs are becoming scarce. :-/

dont worry, you just have to wait for the res of us to catch up a bit!!!! I know you can speed run the game quick but why kill your fun so fast? it took me the whole wait between releases to finally finish NG. I savored every moment...never had an issue with SM even at 4 mil. Think I threw 159 hours min. at the first playthrough. Lots of helping other in co-op obviously.

I had to turn my sound of for a few minutes so I may have missed it, is there a specific reason you put your summon sign down by the salamanders?

Yeah I was at a point where I was desperate for souls!!! No takers though obviously...pretty thin traffic in there I would fathom.

Sullichin

Man, fuck Soul Memory. I'm about to finish the game and the difference is staggering. Summon signs are becoming scarce. :-/

Indeed, fuck soul memory, but the PC version did just come out a couple of days ago. With so many players, hopefully late game coop will become active too.

Damn, I'm unequipping that shit as soon as I get home.
Most rings seem weaker, I found a +equip load ring and it's nowhere near Havel's.

Thats a good thing IMO... I love DS1, but there was basically hardly any choice in rings. It wasn't that the others were terrible, but instead that Havels and Divine Favour were so good, you'd be practically crazy not to run with them (as melee at any rate, and even casters like Divine Favour).

Krakn3Dfx

Used a bonfire aesthetic to fight the
Skeleton Lords in NG+ mode to get a +55% casting ring they drop
, summoned 2 dudes to help, they both died in the fight, I managed to beat the remaining enemies, was shaking at the end.

Dammit Dark Souls 2.

LiK

Met this guy last night. He's in the wrong game.

2048x1152.resizedimage

Sullichin

Thats a good thing IMO... I love DS1, but there was basically hardly any choice in rings. It wasn't that the others were terrible, but instead that Havels and Divine Favour were so good, you'd be practically crazy not to run with them (as melee at any rate, and even casters like Divine Favour).

Ring balance is way better here. 4 ring slots barely feels enough. I never have a slot for ring of binding/life/soul protection once I get what I want for a specific build.

XaosWolf

Need to up your agility for better estus speed usage and iframes when rolling. Poise is useless now. Lower equip load to roll faster and farther. Different tier breaks than DS1.

Agility is raised through ADP, right? Been pumping points into that mainly, but also got at least a single attunement slot for a Soul Arrow.

Sounds like ADP is pretty key now if it affects iframes.

Sullichin

dont worry, you just have to wait for the res of us to catch up a bit!!!! I know you can speed run the game quick but why kill your fun so fast? it took me the whole wait between releases to finally finish NG. I savored every moment...never had an issue with SM even at 4 mil. Think I threw 159 hours min. at the first playthrough. Lots of helping other in co-op obviously.

Yeah I was at a point where I was desperate for souls!!! No takers though obviously...pretty thin traffic in there I would fathom.
Not a bad idea though, I'd instantly summon someone if I saw a sign down there. But I never actually tried killing the salamanders or even know what they drop.

I have been making great headway these last two days. I feel like my character is starting to be pretty balanced and I'm able to cope with whatever new areas I find. I just killed
Smelter Demon
at about SL75 and will continue tomorrow.

One question though: How do you enchant your weapons with magic?

2AdEPT

Used a bonfire aesthetic to fight the
Skeleton Lords in NG+ mode to get a +55% casting ring they drop
, summoned 2 dudes to help, they both died in the fight, I managed to beat the remaining enemies, was shaking at the end.

Dammit Dark Souls 2.

yeah that fight can be tough with help because they kill the Lord on the right and then the bonewheels run wild in the area. Why cant people figure it out? its a simple concept people ...SAVE the bonewheel lord for last please (or first, but then dont kill the other Lords until you clear them). I wish I could write that on a message....maybe i can ...Im going to try...........

alazz

Hmm, I'm pretty disappointed with how my Lightning Sun Sword +10 performs.

I've got 36 Faith, 24 Strength, and 13 Dex, yet it seemingly does less damage than a Heide's Sword +7 just as far as killing the dogs in Lost Bastille; there's like a 20-point difference. :(

Sullichin

yeah that fight can be tough with help because they kill the Lord on the right and then the bonewheels run wild in the area. Why cant people figure it out? its a simple concept people ...SAVE the bonewheel lord for last please (or first, but then dont kill the other Lords until you clear them). I wish I could write that on a message....maybe i can ...Im going to try...........

Try right, in short wheel.

Sullichin

Hmm, I'm pretty disappointed with how my Lightning Sun Sword +10 performs.

I've got 36 Faith, 24 Strength, and 13 Dex, yet it seemingly does less damage than a Heide's Sword +7 just as far as killing the dogs in Lost Bastille; there's like a 20-point difference. :(

Probably not the best weapon to take on the lightning path, because it has no lightning damage or scaling by default and has A STR/DEX scaling. So you're lowering the good scaling it does have and adding some minor lightning scaling.

Someone left "try wheel" in front of Gavlan and I lost it.

Any suggestions on how to tweak it?

Unfortunately I don't, really. I left all the settings at their default levels and I'm very happy with how it looks.

If you want to mess around with it though, you just need to open GeDoSaTo.ini and post.fx (found in the assets folder inside the GeDoSaTo folder) in Notepad and all the values are decently described and easily editable.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

It's not just soul memory, you've just outpaced the majority of the community. Look at the achievement stats, you're in maybe the top 3% of players if you're near the end.

Facism

From fixed that issue. They can't attack NPC'S since a summon only sees them as ghostly outlines now.

There are 2 summon types. The small and large stone. Small is short duration so that's probably why he left. Large soapstone sticks around until a boss. They may have used an item to leave called black separation crystal that you get from the start.

there's a timer on the Large Soapstone, too. I discovered this whilst helping people through to a boss. 3 times i got the "duty fullfilled" after about 5 minutes of coop with them, no boss gate traversed.

2AdEPT

Not a bad idea though, I'd instantly summon someone if I saw a sign down there. But I never actually tried killing the salamanders or even know what they drop.

check out the link in the vid description for the EZ way to clear the area...ok fine here it is for anyone that wishes to cheese the
area.

alazz

Probably not the best weapon to take on the lightning path, because it has no lightning damage or scaling by default and has A STR/DEX scaling. So you're lowering the good scaling it does have and adding some minor lightning scaling.

Ah, thanks. That does make sense.

Concurrent user's appeared to have peaked at 79,528 for the day. That's pretty awesome numbers. This game is so active right now, it's a blast, way more Summon activity than console's after launch.

I don't recall this view. Where is this?

After Aldia's Keep and going into Dragon Aerie.

Sullichin

Concurrent user's appeared to have peaked at 79,528 for the day. That's pretty awesome numbers. This game is so active right now, it's a blast, way more Summon activity than console's after launch.

After Aldia's Keep and going into Dragon Aerie.

Ah, thanks

fuck the black knight greataxe

that is all

Because you're devastated by the faith requirement/split damage like I am or another reason?

finalflame

Just finished
Iron Keep, killed the Old Iron King
. Already killed
The Last Sinner and the nasty thing at the end of the black gulch.
No idea what to do next, can anyone give me a clue?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Ah, thanks

Because you're devastated by the faith requirement/split damage like I am or another reason?

because it misses anything that crawls most of the time, and I respecced to use it lol, so now I have wasted points in int and faith. I kept wiping on
Royal Rat
because of it, switched to my greatsword and swept all those
fucking little rats
in 1 swing. Also the
spiders in...err... I forget the name of the zone, the spider zone
... I kept missing on those too, so frustrating

I loved it in DS1 too :(

2AdEPT

Just finished
Iron Keep, killed the Old Iron King
. Already killed
The Last Sinner and the nasty thing at the end of the black gulch.
No idea what to do next, can anyone give me a clue?

have you depetrified anyone? fell down the rabbit hole in Majula?

Firebrand

I just can't beat this
Pursuer
guy. I dodge most of his attacks... but then I screw up once, and he starts comboing me into death. Often it's because I need to drink, and I having a hard time telling when there's time for it, most of the time he instantly charges. Burning through my effigy supply... at least the hallways up to him have been completely empty for a while. My capra demon of this game, perhaps.

Blargh. Maybe I should just have gone heavy tank instead of doing this rolling business, I'm less than impressed by the returns on End though.

finalflame

Shaded Woods, need a Branch of Yore.

Shaded woods. Right path

have you depetrified anyone? fell down the rabbit hole in Majula?

Ah, yes. To clarify, I have gone in
The Shaded Woods, then fought the scorpion lady (Nahja?). I got to the Doors of Pharros area...last time I was here on 360, there was that stupid rat fight..I thought it was optional..am I wrong?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I just can't beat this
Pursuer
guy. I dodge most of his attacks... but then I screw up once, and he starts comboing me into death. Burning through my effigy supply... at least the hallways up to him have been completely empty for a while. My capra demon of this game, perhaps.

Blargh. Maybe I should just have gone heavy tank instead of doing this rolling business, I'm less than impressed by the returns on End though.

Easy peasy stuff!
You can use the ballistas in the room to kill him in one shot( or severely damage him). Bait him in front of one, then finish him.

2AdEPT

They should have just made those salamanders bosses.

yeah IMO they are the toughest non-boss enemies in the game....couldnt leave them on the table though....they got a tonne of HP, their AI is some of the smartest in the game as well, and fuck they can hear good with those little holes for ears.... gotta prove your are smarter than a salamander though, or its not a successful run! LOL

Grief.exe

I was travelling through the gutter without seeing a summon sign, note, or bloodstain. I felt the loneliness and darkness breaking in on me.

Then I remembered Steam went down and kicked me into offline mode lol.

So where is the second place you find the
pursurer
? I feel like I am far into the game and I haven't fought him a second time.

The Shaded Woods, then fought the scorpion lady (Nahja?). I got to the Doors of Pharros area...last time I was here on 360, there was that stupid rat fight..I thought it was optional..am I wrong?

Lol, 3 posts at the same time.

Go back to Doors of Pharros, there is an area beyond that. Go up the staircase near the beginning of the level.

2AdEPT

keep going.......... two more bosses before the end of the line............
rat
boss optional.

jesus lost 40 k + souls at the earthen peak and all due to my own error FUCK.

Anyway, upon my second playthrough here on PC.I think I really love this game.

I appreciate it a lot more due to the massive visual boost and noticed stuff I missed on my first playthrough.

Simply a great game.

Ha, I thought you were the one that really despised this game? I do think this game is gonna hold up a lot in the months and years to come. I just realized the shortcut in
Lost Bastille
that basically lets you skip
Run Sentinels
... Some crazy crap in this game.

I was travelling through the gutter without seeing a summon sign, note, or bloodstain. I felt the loneliness and darkness breaking in on me.

Then I remembered Steam went down and kicked me into offline mode lol.

So where is the second place you find the
pursurer
? I feel like I am far into the game and I haven't fought him a second time.

You aren't there yet. You've only beat the One Lord Boss, it's down a different Lord Boss path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom