• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
Are there plenty of places to buy those "human effigy" things? I want to have a lot of those to restore my health after dying a good number of times.

That death penalty health decay is such a load of BS.

You can go back to the cabin at the beginning, and kill all of those old hags, and that young lady. 9 effigys, the easy way. (I'm so ruthless)

SOLDIER

I've been using AutoHideMouseCursor that someone linked many pages ago in this thread.

Can you set what games you want that program to run, or does it just hide the mouse cursor regardless of what you're doing?

Edit: Oh, it hides it based on a timer. That's good enough for me, thanks.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Can you set what games you want that program to run, or does it just hide the mouse cursor regardless of what you're doing?

It hides it regardless of what you're doing, but you can just disable it in the program when you aren't using it.

Moaradin

So I'm at the
ruin sentinels
and I'm out of Human Effigys

fuck

I was in that exact situation yesterday. It sucks, but it's doable.
Stay at the top until you kill the first guy. Since I dual wield, I was able to stun him pretty easily. After that I waited for the second guy to jump up and hit him until the third guy comes, then I drop down. It's real easy when there is only one of them so focus them down quick.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I figured out how to open the castle. Though all I can find is another door that says produce the symbol of the kind. Guess I'll have to find that.

We may have a misunderstanding. Have you killed
Lost Sinner
?

If not, then you have more to do in Heides Tower of Flame area.

The boss of that area is the
Dragonrider

I figured out how to open the castle. Though all I can find is another door that says produce the symbol of the kind. Guess I'll have to find that.

Ok, wrong area completely, partly our misunderstanding and wording. Not the Cardinal Tower in the Forest. Go over to the Heides Tower of Flame area the opposite way from Majula that goes through the sewer. The level splits in two directions, One leads to the Cathedral, the other leads to the boss
Dragonrider.

Arkanius

Let's play Fashion Souls II

CD8B2A9D7F204B6F10D9B4E3E79AA1DAE9850CFB

dani_dc

Any advice for solo'ing the
Ruin Sentinels
?

I know about
defeating the first one on the platform.
After defeating that one I usually wait for the second one to jump in the platform and do some damage before the third one does the same at which point I jump down, but I'm getting pretty beat down when I have to face both at once.

Zeliard

Smelter Demon
is such a fun boss to coop. Currently helping people kick his ass. Really warming up to the Lion Greataxe.

He was the most enjoyable boss to be summoned for when I played through the PS3 version.

Most enjoyable and most comically argh-inducing. :p

When
he sticks his sword into the ground and he's about to unleash his damaging AoE blast, and the host decides to hang around near him, a small part of me dies. That's happened more times than I can count, and on several occasions he was near death when he exploded the host.

Gbraga

Let's play Fashion Souls II

CD8B2A9D7F204B6F10D9B4E3E79AA1DAE9850CFB

uuuuuuuh skin man

i0JPnpG1Qh0oF.jpg

Ruin Sentinels
?

I know about
After defeating that one I usually wait for the second one to jump in the platform and do some damage before the third one does the same at which point I jump down, but I'm getting pretty beat down when I have to face both at once.

They're kinda slow, so just focus on dealing damage to one of them. If you're dual wielding, going with a two handed weapon might help. I only got to beat them when I put my scimitar and falchion away and went with the Drangleic Sword, and then it was actually quite easy.

Gbraga

That could be so much more badass if From didn't change the mask from the Trailer.

When I first saw the final version I thought the same thing, but I really like how stupid that looks. The original one looked more badass, but this one looks kinda scary when you see it up close, it's pretty good.

Ruin Sentinels
?

I know about

You got the right strategy, it just takes a lot of patience to wait for an opening. Do you have a shield with 100% Physical Defense? If not that helps. Get your END up. Also, try to keep both of them on screen at all times. Don't want surprise attacks.

Arkanius

uuuuuuuh skin man

i0JPnpG1Qh0oF.jpg

They're kinda slow, so just focus on dealing damage to one of them. If you're dual wielding, going with a two handed weapon might help. I only got to beat them when I put my scimitar and falchion away and went with the Drangleic Sword, and then it was actually quite easy.

Skin?
I don't see skin :O

HoosTrax

I don't even care what the stats are. I just have an affinity for whichever armor is worn by the canonical hero of the Souls game in question. (basically never took Elite Knight armor off after I found it in DS1)

Does anyone else get framerate drops in certain parts of E
arthen
P
eak
? Only place I've really noticed it in the game so far.

So, I decided to drop down into the
hole in Majula
and see what the other entrance that I missed the first time around was...and there's a whole new area I had missed. Immediately as I enter that area, I get summoned as a "gray spirit". I then have a guy chasing me and realize that all the rats and enemies are only targeting me.

After running around in a circle for a while, I spot a staircase and bolt up it. On the bridge, I wait and throw some fireballs. Measly damage, and I get hit quite a bit but manage to dodge away before the last hit. I try to do the same with some arrows, but no dice. Half of my equipment is destroyed at this point thanks to pools of corrosive acid, as well. (And of course, Repair Powder doesn't seem to repair broken equipment as advertised, but only restores durability.)

After baiting the guy and his rat entourage around the entire level--that I've never seen before until now (and albeit, was small in hindsight)--I get him by the other bridge and just wail on him until he's almost dead. I was also a hit away from being dead. He bolts away to heal, but I chase, roll, and stab. Of course, a rat comes and bites me right after, but that didn't count, so that was nice.

Don't underestimate a humble Explorer, even if they happen to look completely confused.

xBladeM6x

As cool as the environment for the Iron Keep is, the enemies (specifically the fat turtle fucks) can go fuck themselves. :l

dani_dc

You got the right strategy, it just takes a lot of patience to wait for an opening. Do you have a shield with 100% Physical Defense? If not that helps. Get your END up. Also, try to keep both of them on screen at all times. Don't want surprise attacks.

I'll look into a shield with 100% Physical defense, don't think I have one now but I'm unsure, I actually got Drangleic Sword earlier but I forgot to check it, will look at that one as well.

Glad to hear I have the right overall idea though, thanks for the input guys, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to defeat them, for now I'll go get some sleep.

dekline

So I just defeated
the lost sinner. I lit the primal bonfire and traveled back to majula.

Any hints on where I should go next?

I'll look into a shield with 100% Physical defense, don't think I have one now but I'm unsure, I actually got Drangleic Sword earlier but I forgot to check it, will look at that one as well.

Glad to hear I have the right overall idea though, thanks for the input guys, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to defeat them, for now I'll go get some sleep.

They are weak to strike weapons. Get a club or mace and put a few shards on it.

TwistedMind

Neo Member
There is a glitch in
Dranglic castle before mirror knight boss fight where the elevator doesn't come down even after opening the door above
. i have been summoned three times where all of them had this glitch and every one of them following me to guide them , i just do the "don't know "gesture and use the separation crystal .
Also I wish there was an offline mode (without starting steam in offline mode and still get achievement) for people who would like to play without being invaded , especially blefry luna / sol where i died like 10 time from invaders before reaching the boss fight .

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
There is a glitch in
Dranglic castle before mirror knight boss fight where the elevator doesn't come down even after opening the door above
. i have been summoned three times where all of them had this glitch and every one of them following me to guide them , i just do the "don't know "gesture and use the separation crystal .
Also I wish there was an offline mode for people who would like to play without being invaded , especially blefry luna / sol where i died like 10 time from invaders before reaching the boss fight .

The whole point of those areas getting invaded. Learn to love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom