• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

sixghost

I really wish they relaxed some of the drop rates now that enemies will despawn. I just farmed the
ruin sentinels in Drangleic Castle
to extinction and didn't get the helm. I also read that they only spawn once in NG+, so even that isn't an option. I don't know why some drops are so rare in these games.

Not likely.

It's been heavily rumored that From is working with Sony Japan Studio on this one.

Looks like the rumored PS4 project that Miyazaki is working on.

Ah, Sony's involvement would certainly point to exclusive. Regardless, Miyazaki back in the saddle is enough to put any minor concerns behind. Can't wait to see if this is what he's been up to.

Edit: just noticed I'm no longer a Junior. Awesome

What about GeDoSaTo is not working, specifically?

It's just not doing anything at all?

I am running it is an admin. I get an error when I try to start it up. GeDoSaTo: GeDoSaToTool.exe – Entry Point Not Found

After that the program will start but nothing happens.

Temidien

Neo Member
Most bosses are weak to lightning damage. Maces (even the mace you start with) are the superior pve damage type. Free healing on Faith build. Basically put enough strength and dex to use the strike weapon you want, find a 100% physical shield, and then just put points into faith for more damage, or endurance, vitality, adaption (all have softcaps at 20) and enough in vigor to be below 70% equip weight. Imbue your weapon with either lightning or fire and you're pretty much good for the rest of the game. The chest piece you start out with as a cleric is also really good.

edit: Oh and attunement, you'd probably be fine with 3-4 slots which is 16/20 points iirc.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into this :)

UrbanRats

Eh. Stats wise Drangleic is good, minus the weight. You could always buy the Elite Knight set in Majula. It's damn sexy.

I really like the Royal Swordman set i've just got, too bad it's about 200 or so Physical DEF worse than the Drangleic one.
I think i'm gonna wear it regardless though, at least until i hit a very rough patch.

Maybe even enhance it a bit with some titanite.

Garcia

CountAntonius, I could never find you when you invaded me in No Man's Wharf. I got distracted by trying to look at you and got ambushed by 2 spider monkeys. :-/

yatesl

So, in
Dragelic Castle
, there's a room with a bunch of stone soldiers,
ruin sentinels
, and 2
stone golums.
I killed them all and
lit the 2 golum torches by feeding them sentinel souls
, but nothing happened? I expected a chest or something to appear, with a little Zelda jingle.

Is FROM just trolling me, after wasting half an hour methodically doing that room, and respawning mutliple times?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I am running it is an admin. I get an error when I try to start it up. GeDoSaTo: GeDoSaToTool.exe – Entry Point Not Found

After that the program will start but nothing happens.

which version of the program are you running?

Gattsu25

Banned
So, in
Dragelic Castle
, there's a room with a bunch of stone soldiers,
ruin sentinels
, and 2
stone golums.
I killed them all and
lit the 2 golum torches by feeding them sentinel souls
, but nothing happened? I expected a chest or something to appear, with a little Zelda jingle.

Is FROM just trolling me, after wasting half an hour methodically doing that room, and respawning mutliple times?
Yes. Now kill enemies near the doors to open them all up and fully explore the one near the left golem

georly

Ok, finally got the PC version, about to boot it up. Can anyone point me towards graphics mods? How do the nexus mods do? Will i get VAC banned for using them? Can I use them in conjunction with gedosato? Is it one or the other? I tried looking at the OP but didn't really see any links that were useful. Maybe I'm also blind.

I'm sure this all has been asked a million times already, so apologies in advance :(

yatesl

Yes. Now kill enemies near the doors to open them all up and fully explore the one near the left golem

I've opened all the doors, and everything inside. I figured that doing what I did would also do something. There's not like a secret "Hey, if you do this, there's a boss upstairs that will be much easier now!" or anything?

Bah, I hate Souls sometimes

Ok, finally got the PC version, about to boot it up. Can anyone point me towards graphics mods? How do the nexus mods do? Will i get VAC banned for using them? Can I use them in conjunction with gedosato? Is it one or the other? I tried looking at the OP but didn't really see any links that were useful. Maybe I'm also blind.

I'm sure this all has been asked a million times already, so apologies in advance :(

Yeah what this person said, although I'm not convinced any of this will get me VAC banned, I can't imagine the uproar.

Move around a bit, try going out onto the bridge. If you can't do it, perhaps there's someone trying to invade. Try going back to the main menu and reload.

Oh...I wasn't human. Is there any reason as to why you have to be? You can use the white soapstone when hollowed. Weird requirement.

eot

Banned
Question about Dark stuff
I joined the Dark Covenant but fell of a ledge as soon as I went into the chasm of old and now the portal is gone. Am I screwed? I had a ton of souls there.

Gazoinks

Anyone using the Slumbering Dragon Shield? Is the Stamina regen actually worthwhile, or is it like the newly nerfed Chloranthy rings?

georly

Yeah what this person said, although I'm not convinced any of this will get me VAC banned, I can't imagine the uproar.

I did a quick google search and one of the first results mentioned VAC bans, that's the only reason I asked. I mean, I guess I can experiment, but I figured half the people here already have, so I might as well ask.

I did a quick google search and one of the first results mentioned VAC bans, that's the only reason I asked. I mean, I guess I can experiment, but I figured half the people here already have, so I might as well ask.

Oh I'm not saying it wouldn't happen, I just think it'd get sorted quickly, Valve are smart people.

Anyway where's these graphical mods that we need...

Grief.exe

You technically can get banned, but it is very unlikely. I don't think there are VAC bans on record for people using simple injection techniques to make the game look better.

Question about Dark stuff
I joined the Dark Covenant but fell of a ledge as soon as I went into the chasm of old and now the portal is gone. Am I screwed? I had a ton of souls there.

You can re-open the portal by giving him a Human Effigy. One per visit, every single time.

Taruranto

lol, the area after
Pharos Door
looks like it came straight out from RE4.

Also pls FROM, if you want to design areas/bosses I can't use the lock on functiion, at least let mages have some sort of scope.

ugoo18

Ugh the
Shrine of Amana
is not fun at all.
The water, underwater enemies and knights aren't bad but those sorcerers and their map ranging spells
can go jump of a cliff -_-

Gazoinks

Ugh the
Shrine of Amana
is not fun at all.
The water, underwater enemies and knights aren't bad but those sorcerers and their map ranging spells

Yeah, I'm right there now and being annoyed. I'm a Mage, but aiming at the ranged enemies with the binocs takes a really long time and uses lots of spells, and they have such long aggro range that it often results in me being pegged by a bunch of shots while I try to take one down.

Zeliard

Ugh the
Shrine of Amana
is not fun at all.

They were nerfed too, in both damage and accuracy. Imagine how it was before.

ugoo18

Yeah, I'm right there now and being annoyed. I'm a Mage, but aiming at the ranged enemies with the binocs takes a really long time and uses lots of spells, and they have such long aggro range that it often results in me being pegged by a bunch of shots while I try to take one down.

I'm a mage as well, that range is crazy. If player mages got that kind of range good portions of the game would be a cake walk.

I'm pretty sure I'm at the end of the game.

Trying to fight
Throne Watcher and Throne Defender and am I missing something, or is this boss fight utterly half-baked? All they do is slowly walk towards you, swing 2-3 times, then repeat. One of them has magic, but that is literally it. Is there something more to this boss fight or is it literally just a 10-minute back and forth endurance battle? The thoroughly generic music doesn't help either.

Hixx

I'm pretty sure I'm at the end of the game.

Trying to fight
Throne Watcher and Throne Defender and am I missing something, or is this boss fight utterly half-baked? All they do is slowly walk towards you, swing 2-3 times, then repeat. One of them has magic, but that is literally it. Is there something more to this boss fight or is it literally just a 10-minute back and forth endurance battle? The thoroughly generic music doesn't help either.

They have to die within 20 seconds or something of each other or they will revive each other

But yes, it is a very forgettable fight.

bbd23

man I cant get into this game :(.

I made it to majula and reached a couple different areas and just end up dying every single time. Im trying to play it slow but some of the shots these bigger enemies throw at you feel so cheap.

maybe its the class im playing (swordsman)

whats the best class to start with if im new?

im going to try and restart

I made it to majula and reached a couple different areas and just end up dying every single time. Im trying to play it slow but some of the shots these bigger enemies throw at you feel so cheap.

Try Knight

Hixx

Knight imo. Try and get a shield ASAP, one of the merchants in Majula has a decent one for 1500 souls or so.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

swordsman is ok, but its main drawback is you have very low vigor (4), so you have to dump all your levels there early on. Like others said, Knight is a better choice. The one you can buy for 1500 souls is good for pretty much the entire game.

Swordsman is a pretty bad starting class. Low health and low adaptability means as a new player you're gonna have a rough time of it. You can't even powerstance the starting weapons, so dual wielding isn't even really going to benefit you for a while. Like others have said Knight is a good pick, but Cleric is good too, he has the best starting weapon and the extra heals can really help you out in the early game.

LiK

try Knight or Warrior instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom