• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Damn guys, I'm already headed to school to get some much needed studying done.

If I had gotten this work done yesterday, then I would be playing right now. I was too excited and posting on GAF for way too long though. Oh well, just get what I need to done, then I can head home for the real release time.

I'm gonna wait and see for this one. No blind buy after the first...

Go read Durante's articles on PC gamer, he literally left no stone unturned.

There is no way this is a blind buy.

Stet

Banned
Got my key, can't do anything with it because I don't have access to the Steam Client. That's kind of dumb. Let me redeem it and preload remotely.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I realize this is a completely naïve question, but - seven hours from now, when the game is unlocked in North America - the VPN will no longer be necessary, correct? That is, once I unlock it via VPN, I won't have to continue to play in Offline Mode or in Japan in order to get achievements?

Just want to make sure.

Correct.

Got my key, can't do anything with it because I don't have access to the Steam Client. That's kind of dumb. Let me redeem it and preload remotely.

Web-based key activation is definitely one thing Valve needs to ape from Desura. Obviously such functionality can present security risks and there's the matter of bot-based mass activations, but Steam Guard is perfectly suited to assuage such concerns.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Note: Once the game has unlocked, either leave the VPN enabled or, if you'd prefer to disable it, switch Steam to Offline Mode. Disabling the VPN while online will cause your "In-Game" status to revert back to "Online" and this can cause issues with achievement triggers

I unlocked the game, exited Steam and disabled the VPN. Restarted Steam with my local IP. Am I good?

Zafir

People have received their key already from cdkeys.com and are preloading. I however, have not received mine. watafuk..
I got Titanfall from cdkeys.com and I had to use the url they sent you when you first ordered to get it. I got no email that it was ready.

manfestival

I have 39 steambux laying around.. to buy or not to buy.. that is the question... actually I will buy if someone has an easy method of getting my DS4 controller working on pc.

Rich!

what the fuck.

installed, updated, unlocked via VPN...

...crashes with a windows error. fucking hell. I can't even get it to the full screen stage. it just crashes.

BadTaste

I got Titanfall from cdkeys.com and I had to use the url they sent you when you first ordered to get it. I got no email that it was ready.

Yeah I do that and get the following message -

This product is a Pre-Order, it will be avaliable here on or slightly before the release date of 25th April 2014.

Guess i'm one of the few who has to wait o_O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I unlocked the game, exited Steam and disabled the VPN. Restarted Steam with my local IP. Am I good?

Either leave the VPN enabled or switch to Offline Mode. You may be able to play the game now with your usual IP but at some point your status will (well, should, based on recent tests) revert back to "Online", at which point achievement triggers may begin playing up.

Holden

i did the vpn thing

it says i have an ip in jp from "whis is my ip" on google

but when i'm on steam it still says "pre-load" any idea...?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
i did the vpn thing

Not working for me either. I've done it previously to unlock RE4 UHD early and it worked fine. Profound sadness.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Well, so long guys
Dj5kvmE.jpg

Rich!

Happens the same to me. AMD GFX btw.

yeah same here. amd graphics too.

hope this gets fixed. bullshit port, yet again. did NO ONE test this on an AMD card? seriously?!

edit: looked into it further - yep. fucking hell. Great job, FROM.

cyen

yeah same here. amd graphics too.

hope this gets fixed. bullshit port, yet again. did NO ONE test this on an AMD card? seriously?!

Thats my question really, did anyone from FROM tested this game with a AMD card?

Im on 14.4 BTW, maybe will test 13.12 WQHL later.

yatesl

i did the vpn thing

Same. I'm trying again with SoftEther VPN Client Manager now, which I used for South Park and Titanfall.

Phinor

Not working for me either. I've done it previously to unlock RE4 UHD early and it worked fine. Profound sadness.

Same issue here. I've used plenty of VPNs in the past without issues but for some reason Steam now still thinks I'm in Finland. The Store shows euro prices etc. Hmm.

is the game unlocked in some country ?
which VPN you used ?

I've put together a guide for those unfamiliar with VPN configuration:

- Ensure your pre-load has completed
- Download and install the OpenVPN client
- Find a Japanese server from this list, preferably one that has been up for at least 24 hours and offers decent throughput, and click the "OpenVPN Config File" link
- Download the config file and move it to OpenVPN's config folder (C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\config by default)
- Open OpenVPN, right-click on its taskbar icon, then click "Connect"*
- Once connected, type "What's My IP" into Google to ensure your IP has changed (it'll be obvious as you'll be rerouted to Google.co.jp); if your IP hasn't changed, try exiting OpenVPN and running it again as an admin (right-click -> Run as administrator)
- Restart Steam, select Dark Souls 2 and click "Play"

Note: Once the game has unlocked, either leave the VPN enabled or, if you'd prefer to disable it, switch Steam to Offline Mode. Disabling the VPN while online will cause your "In-Game" status to revert back to "Online" and this can cause issues with achievement triggers.

* If you see the "netsh command failed: returned error code 1" error when connecting, navigate to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections, right-click the TAP-Windows Adapter V9 connection, click "Properties", select "Internet Protocol Version 4" from the list, click "Properties" again and ensure the adapter is set to obtain an IP automatically.

Vuze

Dang, that sucks. Guess I'll wait with my purchase until they got their shit together and it runs on AMD cards, sitting with a 7870 here.

la_briola

Nvidia/Intel here. Game starts, options work, connects to game server, but when I start the screen stays black. No crash, no sound, nothing. :<

AMD useres, you are not alone! :lol

Rich!

Dang, that sucks. Guess I'll wait with my purchase until they got their shit together and it runs on AMD cards, sitting with a 7870 here.

yep.

pissed off. fucking bullshit, us AMD users being shafted again. I mean, it might not be this, but I'm pretty damn certain that's why it isn't working.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I feel like an idiot. My laptop was still logged into Steam for in home streaming. Logged out of there and was able to start the game.

FROM knows you guys are VPN-ing and is punishing all of Japan for it. Hope you're happy.

Also, Nvidia, apparently the ONLY way it was meant to be played.

So what's the port like? Not gonna jump in this one immediately after last time (still haven't finished DS 1).

Edit: Screenshot above looks alright I guess, still need to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom