• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

crun

Banned
Wonderfully. I ran the Shaded Ruins and found a comrade in arms to be more than helpful.

But can you actually progress whole game with a friend, or you can only summon him (which requires farming some materials or smth) for a short period of time?
Because that's how MP coop looked in previous dark souls, correct?

la_briola

NVIDIA doesn't work either. Well not all it seems... I even tried window mode, game is just black. :lol
dks25ap3y.png

Rich!

AMD not working?

Oh....I was so close to buying guys...so close.

It's not confirmed yet. But it's been three separate cases of it crashing upon launch, and each one has an AMD card.

next person who tries it might be fine, but still. Fact of the matter is, it's working for nvidia users and not AMD users. although, that image above shows it might be a wider issue than that...

xBladeM6x

If this is affecting everyone, then it might be a VPN problem because there's likely going to be an update to make it work right when the game comes out officially, and it's likely this was intentional. Considering people who got legit review codes aren't having any problems, and only people who did it through VPN are.

Sullichin

FROM has a really weird QA process. AMD cards not working is a huge oversight :|

Woah, what?
I have HD7950 and it runs flawlessly. Sucks that people are having problems. I hope there's not some new update that kills it for me when I get home.

For some reason the DualShock 4 button mapping is wrong in the game. X buton if Square for example. Any solution?

Use latest Xinputwrapper, don't have other controllers plugged in, restart the program BEFORE you launch steam and the game.

Rich!

Woah, what?
I have HD7950 and it runs flawlessly. Sucks that people are having problems. I hope there's not some new update that kills it for me when I get home.

I have an HD6870, windows 7 x64 and an i7. I'll just wait until tomorrow. Haven't got a clue what's wrong with it.

Maybe it's fucked because I preloaded it via UK steam, and then the update was via JP steam...

la_briola

Could it just be some weird issue with the VPN unlock? I know Japan has a separate Steam SKU for the game.

Well the game starts flawlessly for me, options work fine. It also creates save files with 00:00:00 playtime. :lol

It only goes black if I want to start a new game or press continue and load a save file.

If this is affecting everyone, then it might be a VPN problem because there's likely going to be an update to make it work right when the game comes out officially, and it's likely this was intentional. Considering people who got legit review codes aren't having any problems, and only people who did it through VPN are.

Having absolutely zero problems. Runs beautifully for me. NVidia card if it matters, though it seemingly does not. I am running Steam in offline mode now instead of keeping VPN going. Doubt that matters, but worth a shot.

Woah, what?

I have a Nvidia card, but you should share your driver's version. It could help other Gafers.

Or it could be a VPN issue or something even weirder.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Re: GPU issues: The game has a "day 1 updates" branch but it sports the same build id as the current public version of the game. This could just be due to Scamco not having uploaded the latest build, though.

yeah obviously =[

Try a different server. Fantomena encountered a similar issue and got around it by doing so.

Sullichin

I have a Nvidia card, but you should share your driver's version. It could help other Gafers.

Or it could be a VPN issue or something even weirder.

I believe I am on the latest beta 13.x drivers - maybe a couple versions behind. I'll have to check when I get home.

Maybe it's a problem with the "auto detect best settings" in the menu? Can you even get that far?

xBladeM6x

Having absolutely zero problems. Runs beautifully for me. NVidia card if it matters, though it seemingly does not. I am running Steam in offline mode now instead of keeping VPN going. Doubt that matters, but worth a shot.

Good to hear someone is having no problems, however this seems too spotty at the moment to just be a broken release of the game all around. Considering the only people to get it and have these problems are VPN people, that evidence suggests it has something to do with it.

I believe I am on the latest beta 13.x drivers - maybe a couple versions behind. I'll have to check when I get home.

Maybe it's a problem with the "auto detect best settings" in the menu? Can you even get that far?

Haven't unlocked it yet. I'm working :)

Are you guys running the game in offline mode? Maybe it shits the bed like MGS: Rising when it just came out (it didn't handled the Steamworks callbacks when connection is missing or something like that)

cyen

Are you guys running the game in offline mode? Maybe it shits the bed like MGS: Rising when it just came out (it didn't handled the Steamworks callbacks when connection is missing or something like that)

Tried to play connect and in offline, same result.

I just hope is a problem because of the different regions. Fingers crossed for later, would hate to pre order a game and no beeing able to play on launch day.

la_briola

Doesn't matter for me. Online and Offline are the same.
Seems to be a driver issue. I'm upgrading now to the BETA branch.

Does the game have a configuration file? Where is it located? (steam install)

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\DarkSoulsII

Sullichin

I think everyone should try this. I've been running the game with Steam online (but with my status set to offline) just fine.

It does some online checks right away when you launch the game, so it would make sense if there's some bug with that. Sounds just like what happened to MGR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom