• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

These swamps can go fuck themselves. Holy shit. I just finished dealing with the triple combo of those big tree swinging fucks that throw red skulls at you. Holy shit. I had to lure them one by one and then use a tree in an area as a shield. I don't even know where the third fire is to unlock the boss door.

Cat Party

These swamps can go fuck themselves. Holy shit. I just finished dealing with the triple combo of those big tree swinging fucks that throw red skulls at you. Holy shit. I had to lure them one by one and then use a tree in an area as a shield. I don't even know where the third fire is to unlock the boss door.

The third fire is to the right of the door and through the swamp a bit. A few more of those nasty enemies are on the way though. The last one tries to surprise you, but if you look carefully you can see it.

The third fire is to the right of the door and through the swamp a bit. A few more of those nasty enemies are on the way though. The last one tries to surprise you, but if you look carefully you can see it.
To the right of the first bonfire and not the one outside the boss door? I hate these tree swinging fucks.

Massa

To the right of the first bonfire and not the one outside the boss door? I hate these tree swinging fucks.

To the right of the first bonfire is a ladder that leads to the wolf covenant, have you reached it yet? It might be a good idea to check out the area from up there, and you can see where the remaining fire is.

I should have known this OT was still active before making my thread. I'm just going to copy/paste my post from my LTTP thread:

So I beat the game.

Ending:
"The End of Fire"
Favorite Boss:
Abyss Watchers

I now know the feeling of playing a satisfying Souls game. This game was good. It was fun trying to figure out bosses like a complex puzzle. When I played the first DS I had no clue what the game was all about. I got lucky on the first couple of bosses but I never understood it's mechanics. It all confused the hell out of me and I gave up. This game I felt like did a great job at teaching me but at the same time not holding my hand when it came to it's mechanics. Also I learned a lot from watching streamers play a lot of Dark Souls and Bloodborne. I always wanted to beat a Souls game and now I can cross it off my bucket list.

Tarkus

I only do that if I'm alone against a ganksquads, and even then if no one is showing up I go in any way unless I'm feeling real patient. :p

That area is gank city so I'm not surprised.

No, really. http://imgur.com/a/9O2e8
I try to make it apparent that I'm alone. Usually by standing in the large area with giants, spinning around and screaming "HEY." People come down and then literally run off and hide. Then someone else invades and the first person comes back but stays far away until I've almost killed the 2nd invader, then....Hornet Ring backstab with a large weapon. Ember wasted on ganky cowards.

(tonight is the night...on EU and UK, other places subject to timezones, please understand)

Friendly reminder.

Let's have a great fight club.

I won't be able to stay as much as other times, but I'll at least try to host for a while.

Sounds like the perfect time for

GAF FIGHT CLUB: ROUND 3 MY META IS FUCKED UP SO I GOT TO BLEED/PARRY YOU: IT'S STRAIGHT-UP BESTOC TIME!

Same as last time:

PS4

Saturday 21:00 GMT (9:00 pm)

That's 16:00 EST (4:00 pm) and 14:00 PDT (2:00 pm)

Take care about your summer times and all, here's a cool site to compare timezones and hours:

http://time.is/compare

That dosn't mean we'll start exactly at that hour, but rather a time to put in common so we'll know more or less when to start. We probably will stay for some time, so just join when you can.

I'm keeping the old spreadsheet, so update your info or join at will

Quote to see it

PC people are free to use the spreadsheet and organize a paralel event.
But majority of people are on PS4, I hope you can have some fun too.

Hosting places:

- High Wall of Lothric
- After Pointiff (PvP meta space)

Try to keep either of these two boss places alive so you can summon more than 2 people.

I'll start hosting myself, but we should share this duty so we can all have fun!

Soulhof was very kind to create a GAF DS3 community(PS4) for this, later I'll add the people that is not there.

I move that we spice the fight club up a bit and have 3 way battles, instead of 1v1's. Could be interesting to see if two gang up on one, or if it's just a free for all.

Tarkus

Does ENB do high NG+6 type of lets plays?
Not that I've ever seen.

About the club, I've left as many bosses alive that I could, so hosting is possible at much more than just Pontiff. However, I can't do High Wall :( I really want to try out Undead Settlement or Anor Londo.

I move that we spice the fight club up a bit and have 3 way battles, instead of 1v1's. Could be interesting to see if two gang up on one, or if it's just a free for all.
I like this too. I'm all about spice and variety :p

Soulhouf

(tonight is the night...on EU and UK, other places subject to timezones, please understand)

Friendly reminder.

Let's have a great fight club.

I won't be able to stay as much as other times, but I'll at least try to host for a while.

I can host but won't be able to stay as much as last time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Estus allowed or not?

All the 2v2 or 3v3 or whatnot I've been in have been very chaotic, with friendly fire etc. so everyone used Estus (they were rarely in fight clubs though), I think it might help or we'd all die very fast. Thoughts?

Estus allowed or not?

All the 2v2 or 3v3 or whatnot I've been in have been very chaotic, with friendly fire etc. so everyone used Estus (they were rarely in fight clubs though), I think it might help or we'd all die very fast. Thoughts?

I was thinking more of a last man standing type of thing. Teams would be a bit messy with the friendly fire. In regards to estus, maybe 1 per round? Assuming we do it this way anyway.

Ferr986

Estus allowed or not?

You could always set to everyone have the same number of estus (being a low-ish number).

I can't join you guys again, I already had plans for tonight (local festivity here) :(

Estus allowed or not?

If all people are red/purple is fine to use estus IMO. I guess magic people will have less estus, but also, they shine in this time of battles lol.

And maybe for another time we could do a Redrunning, I saw it on at Otzdarva video and seems lots of fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=704qEnApKKI

I've been using the Exile Greatsword +4, and I just found the Dark Sword. Should I switch? Everyone raves about it, but I'm not sure why. I've been building my Strength, primarily, if that changes anything. I haven't done any infusion, also.

edit: Never doing PvP/NG+, if that helps.

Top Bottom