• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Ferr986

Honestly, there are more people doing these 3v3 covenants than dueling now, on ps4 anyway. The target on these covenants is SL140. Don't worry about 120 anymore.

I'll drop you a Warden Twinblades later if you haven't gotten them yet. Let me know.

I would really appreciate it! I'll be on later tonight (2-3 hours).

About the SL cap, is just some weird OCD thingy on me, on going above 120 avoiding me to connect to people stopping at SL100 (another common SL meta). Mind you I'm more into coop and Blue policing (when it works) nowadays.

I wish DS3 had the wider matchmaking from BB...

Btw those Covenant things are about these Bloodshades and stuff, right? I saw them last week when I came back to the game for finish my DEX/FTH build but I'm still not sure wtf they are. They were just the usual invaders/coop'ers.

Tarkus

I would really appreciate it! I'll be on later tonight (2-3 hours).

About the SL cap, is just some weird OCD thingy on me, on going above 120 avoiding me to connect to people stopping at SL100 (another common SL meta). Mind you I'm more into coop and Blue policing (when it works) nowadays.

I wish DS3 had the wider matchmaking from BB...

Btw those Covenant things are about these Bloodshades and stuff, right? I saw them last week when I came back to the game for finish my DEX/FTH build but I'm still not sure wtf they are. They were just the usual invaders/coop'ers.
Here's a video explaining it Bloodshades

Can someone tell me whats going on?

I got Dark Souls 3 last week on PS4 but I have never been able to log into the server. not once. It just says "failed to log in to server". I have the current update (1.07 right?) and I can play every other game online just fine. help! please. i miss the ghost and the messages.

having a great time with the game otherwise.

Sarcasm

Can someone tell me whats going on?

I got Dark Souls 3 last week on PS4 but I have never been able to log into the server. not once. It just says "failed to log in to server". I have the current update and I can play every other game online just fine. help! please. i miss the ghost and the messages.

having a great time with the game otherwise.

Try starting up not logged in and once you make it past the first screen then try logging in.

Sarcasm

Should work. I haven't played in awhile but there is options for network stuff like offline and open to region or world.

Should work. I haven't played in awhile but there is options for network stuff like offline and open to region or world.
i honestly have no idea what it could be. i played BB with the same network configurations i have now and never had any network problems with any game in particular. disappointing.

2AdEPT

Ok, Bleed build for PvE, yay or nay?

Luck build I need to do (I have done everything else) and I think I'll gonna do it this weekend, but I don't want to make a build about 1 weapon (Anri) so I was thinking on bleed weapons. I remember bleed infusions being shit though and it was all about carthus rouge.

LOL. The luck/bleed build is one of the most OP for PVE. Yes in these videos I also use tearstone, morion, and flynn's, but the luck/hollowed part of it is no slouch contribution to be sure:
Crystal sage no damage: level 48, anri's 25 luck, 19 dex 15 faith

Oceiros no damage- level 60, 40 luck, 23 dex 15 faith.

Pontiff no damage - level 70 - 42 luck, 25 dex, 15 faith

Dunkelgrau

I play as a sorcerer and I am not able to defeat Aldrich. I know all the tactics from YouTube.

Question is: From
Anor Londo
are there any other areas where I haven't been? I don't think so. Because then I would come back later.

RiggyRob

We found the mysterious cage at the top of Lothric Castle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLnhwVsYSH1o1jW-5r-UfCbFz4VcQalzj5&v=4UINJw3a3hw

So
Gertrude was imprisoned because she was visited by an angel, who taught her Divine Pillars of Light, but she was blinded and rendered mute by it? Or was she already blind and mute?

I'm assuming the body in the cage is Gertrude since we picked up the miracle from it, but I guess it's open to interpretation because the cage is open and there's a ton of feathers everywhere.

Also, how the hell did one of Rosaria's slugs manage to get all the way from the Cathedral of the Deep to Lothric Castle?

]blacky[;218705339 said:
I play as a sorcerer and I am not able to defeat Aldrich. I know all the tactics from YouTube.

Anor Londo
are there any other areas where I haven't been? I don't think so. Because then I would come back later.

You'd have to tell us where you've already been.

Ferr986

LOL. The luck/bleed build is one of the most OP for PVE. Yes in these videos I also use tearstone, morion, and flynn's, but the luck/hollowed part of it is no slouch contribution to be sure:
Crystal sage no damage: level 48, anri's 25 luck, 19 dex 15 faith

Oceiros no damage- level 60, 40 luck, 23 dex 15 faith.

Pontiff no damage - level 70 - 42 luck, 25 dex, 15 faith

Thanks! I'm already working on the build :)

]blacky[;218705339 said:

Anor Londo

Aldrich is absurdly strong to magic. Your best bet is to use pyromancy, he's also absurdly weak to fire. Grab Great Chaos Fireball and make him melt (no FTH requirement so you don't need to touch your build).

laxu

]blacky[;218705339 said:

Anor Londo

I respeced to melee build just for that fight. It's tough as a ranged fighter because he tends to do that arrow attack or the soul mass if you don't stay close.

Dunkelgrau

Grab Great Chaos Fireball and make him melt (no FTH requirement so you don't need to touch your build).
Holy shit, that was easy, thank you!

After the
following sequence
I had to fight
the "dancer"
and lost (extremely tight). Does that have any consequences?

Ferr986

]blacky[;218714732 said:
Holy shit, that was easy, thank you!

After the
following sequence
I had to fight
the "dancer"
and lost (extremely tight). Does that have any consequences?

Nope, just go there again to fight back.

Fuck, I killed Havel right next to the bonfire. Then I tried to pick up his item drop but accidentally sat down at the bonfire and his item vanished. Restarting the game didn't make his item reappear. Is it gone for this playthrough?

edit: Wait, maybe it wasn't Havel. He did look like him though. Right after the second bonfire at Archdragon Peak.

Ferr986

Fuck, I killed Havel right next to the bonfire. Then I tried to pick up his item drop but accidentally sat down at the bonfire and his item vanished. Restarting the game didn't make his item reappear. Is it gone for this playthrough?

edit: Wait, maybe it wasn't Havel. He did look like him though. Right after the second bonfire at Archdragon Peak.

NPC items don't dissapear so I guess he wadn't Havel.

Tarkus

That was a summoned version of Havel. They're uncommonly summoned and can drop the weapon and the shield. The Serpent summoners usually summon Drakeblood Knights there.

Ferr986

Well, finished NG with the Hollow build.
Pretty fun build, I think pyro post GCFB is more OP but some enemies melt with bleed for sure. I think it's more useful on PvP, some people get scared when their bleed build meter rises I guess.

Using the usual O&U, Warden Twinblades and the Claws (they are pretty cool!).
Also, a CCS offhand, just in case (OP weapon and all of that), but also because it looks kind of badass on the back.

JEb7iTj.jpg

lmao that's a hacking I could tolerate.

RiggyRob

Siegward taught us well - found the Titanite Slab in Lothric Castle, and had our first few attempts at Prince Lorian & Lothric.

The idea of Siegward's lift puzzle again to find the the Slab is very satisfying, I like it a lot.

Who needs legs when you can teleport? Interestingly enough, Pimmsy had the idea that Lords of Cinder lose their mobility (Ludleth and Lorian being legless, as it were), which I think has got a grain of truth to it.

Did anyone else get the game freezing when fighting the princes? That made my heart drop for a full 7 seconds there.

Sup everyone!!

I just started playing this game a bit ago and good god I'm having a blast. The only other of the four games I've played is Dark Souls, but I never got around to beating it.

I went straight into DS III extremely rusty on the gameplay. The only time I got very far in DS was 2-3 years ago. I chose Deprived for two reasons: my inner nerdy side wanting to get more sucked into the story, and for the extra challenge. I just recently beat Vordt and I'm steady killin it with my shortsword and big leather shield. Unfortunately I fookin consumed his soul for a measly 2k souls!

Just wanted to drop by and say how much of a blast this game is, even for a DS "beginner" more or less. It's so incredibly rewarding finding new gear, and I only look stuff up related to items really. No strategy guide, especially for bosses. It's just a pure gaming delight

That was a summoned version of Havel. They're uncommonly summoned and can drop the weapon and the shield. The Serpent summoners usually summon Drakeblood Knights there.

Yeah, that was accurate, thank you. I did kill the real Havel later. Now stuck at the boss but I'll beat him eventually.

chunk3rvd

This Bloodshade stuff sounds like great fun and probably explains why I'm running into so many gank squads on my SL120 build. I'm about 5 rings away from my platinum so once I'm done with that I'm going to trade a bunch of equipment back to a new character and have a go at it. What are some must have items besides the required rings and armour? I have 5 hollow gems and about 15 slabs so I can make a bunch of decent weapons to pass back over along with the 500 Carthus Rouge I just purchased!

Sup everyone!!

I just started playing this game a bit ago and good god I'm having a blast. The only other of the four games I've played is Dark Souls, but I never got around to beating it.

I went straight into DS III extremely rusty on the gameplay. The only time I got very far in DS was 2-3 years ago. I chose Deprived for two reasons: my inner nerdy side wanting to get more sucked into the story, and for the extra challenge. I just recently beat Vordt and I'm steady killin it with my shortsword and big leather shield. Unfortunately I fookin consumed his soul for a measly 2k souls!

Just wanted to drop by and say how much of a blast this game is, even for a DS "beginner" more or less. It's so incredibly rewarding finding new gear, and I only look stuff up related to items really. No strategy guide, especially for bosses. It's just a pure gaming delight

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'd probably say DS3 is the easiest to get into, if only for the fact that it's a lot more linear than the others/there aren't too many super cryptic sections.

I'd recommend you don't consume any more boss Souls from now on though.

gagecube

Banned
I started a new playthrough of this on Xbox One, was doing fine until I hit a wall with the Crystal Sage... which is funny because I beat him originally on my first try. I swear I died to him 25 times yesterday when I had him down to an inch of health on his bar.

I kind of wish I understood builds better. I found myself wearing the exact same gear and using the same weapons this time around

I kind of wish I understood builds better. I found myself wearing the exact same gear and using the same weapons this time around
A build is largely about your weapon - whatever weapon you want to use plow stat points into the stats that your weapon scales with. Armour is largely about fashion souls, so unless you're doing cosplay or have a theme in mind (stealthy ninja type wouldn't wear heavy knight armour for example) wear whatever you want, especially in DS3 where armour seems to make little difference.

Pick a weapon or magic type and when leveling up plow your points in to what will give you the buggest bonus from your weapon/magic type.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'd probably say DS3 is the easiest to get into, if only for the fact that it's a lot more linear than the others/there aren't too many super cryptic sections.

I'd recommend you don't consume any more boss Souls from now on though.
It's an absolute masterpiece man. Defeated the diseased tree boss last night after a couple hours of failure and item searching. 12 hours of play time so far, level 26 or 27. Very little research on stat allocation so it makes leveling up so freakin fun. I'll admit I looked up a way to find a Longsword drop before defeating the greatwood because I didn't want to keep wasting my shards on my short sword. Once I powered that up, I obliterated the tree while only using the flask twice. Feels good as a Deprived noob :)

It's so freakin rewarding figuring things out, and I love how unforgiving the game is. It makes every decision so much more important. I will definitely never consume any boss souls again, lol.

The presentation and setting as well, good freaking god. For example, the forsaken souls huddled around a diseased tree...it made me think of once great knights that found The Tree of Life. And it makes me terrified what could have corrupted it so much, to the point where it relentlessly crushes the now forsaken souls that once worshipped it.

I just want to get off work so I can play all knight (heh). It's fuckin awesome how far my char has come, he freakin rules now!

Dahaka

hey guys,

I'm thinking about starting a 3rd character (first is strength, second is hollow) even though I still need to get a few rings for the trophy (ng++ right now with character 1) which got tired of at the moment. :[

I'm thinking about a caster build. What ideas do you have? Should I go full pyromancer or a good mix of pyromancy and dark?

grmlin

On NG+ trying to find a mimic head.

Do I understand this right? Use hunter item thing on mimic, hope for drop, repeat?

BTW: I get summoned as a watchdog of farron pretty regularly atm with SL 120. Would still take forever to get the covenant items this way as I can't pull a win every time.

chunk3rvd

hey guys,

I'm thinking about starting a 3rd character (first is strength, second is hollow) even though I still need to get a few rings for the trophy (ng++ right now with character 1) which got tired of at the moment. :[

I'm thinking about a caster build. What ideas do you have? Should I go full pyromancer or a good mix of pyromancy and dark?

Pyro's pretty fun. Just grab Astoria Straight Sword from the High Wall, infuse it with Raw then make a beeline for Smouldering Lake/Demon Ruins to get all the best pyro gear

Beating Nameless King solo on NG+:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/McDragon Live/video/22100023

Felt SOOOOOO GOOOD.

Nice!

I beat him the other day on my NG+9 Champ Run. Full Gundyr set + Halberd + Caestus for parry/punching + Horsehoof for kicking things = Champ Run.

Did all the bosses solo except SoC because fuck that guy, and there's no one to really summon when you're lvl350+. Abyss Watchers and Dragonslayer Armor gave me the most trouble because they were absolutely relentless most of the time.

Maddrical

Booted this back up last night to finish my PC playthrough after finishing it on PS4. I need to get ready for the DLC! I killed Dancer last night first attempt, which was impressive for me since I died a good dozen times on PS4 -- 90% of my deaths were from the grab move in phase 1, so I was super cautious of that last night and it was a pretty easy fight. I killed Yhorm and then Dancer and only used 2 or 3 flasks. Anyway, I got the Dancer's Enchanted Swords which I must admit, look and feel fucking awesome. Has anyone built around these? From a quick search, they sound a bit underpowered and I'm definitely doing less damage with them than what I was with the Butcher's Blade, but I want to persist with them. I'm thinking of respeccing so I'm just equal in STR/DEX/INT/FAI across the board, since it scales off of all 4. Butcher's Blade is pure STR so my STR is pretty high at the moment. Where do you respec anyway? I haven't got an item in my inventory and I don't recall having one on PS4 which I never respecced on either. I know you can though, unlike Bloodborne.

laxu

On NG+ trying to find a mimic head.

Do I understand this right? Use hunter item thing on mimic, hope for drop, repeat?

Yup, use the gold or rusted coins for better chances. If you haven't killed the mimic
next to the demon miniboss right before Smoldering Lake
then that's a pretty good one to farm as it's a short run to the enemy if you run out of undead hunter charms.

Ferr986

hey guys,

Full pyro. Once you get Vestiges/Chaos Orb it's game over in PvE.
Also, some dark spells are just pyromancies too like Black Orb/Flame or Black Serpent.

Do we know where the DLC is going to start? I beat the game, but didn't reset to NG+ yet, so i'm hoping I don't have to start over.

grmlin

Yup, use the gold or rusted coins for better chances. If you haven't killed the mimic
next to the demon miniboss right before Smoldering Lake
then that's a pretty good one to farm as it's a short run to the enemy if you run out of undead hunter charms.

Hey thanks!

I'll try it with the mimics on my way to it and farm them then.

It's my second char and with my first one I got one at the last mimic I think and thought it always drops there :( Thats why I'm farming it now in NG+...

Do we know where the DLC is going to start? I beat the game, but didn't reset to NG+ yet, so i'm hoping I don't have to start over.

I think someone mentioned the
paintings in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley after the kitchen with the 3 knights.

Dahaka

Pyro's pretty fun. Just grab Astoria Straight Sword from the High Wall, infuse it with Raw then make a beeline for Smouldering Lake/Demon Ruins to get all the best pyro gear

Full pyro. Once you get Vestiges/Chaos Orb it's game over in PvE.
Also, some dark spells are just pyromancies too like Black Orb/Flame or Black Serpent.

thanks guys, pyro it is then. Anything I need to take care of statswise in int/faith and the others?

I guess the best way is to start as a knight and play a knight until soul levels allow me a decent spread of stats without making me too invulnerable.

Top Bottom