• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Ferr986

120 on NG?
I could be wrong, but that sounds like overkill considering The Old Hunters was recommended 60+

Yeah 120 should be for NG+

My first DLC run will be with my first char, quality 120 on NG+.

After that, Dex/fth 120 on NG+, pyro 120 on NG (this will be a cakewalk lol), INT 70 on NG, and hollow/bleed 70 on NG.

I don't even know how much it will take me, considering I'm also hooked on DQB right now..

Ethelwulf

Hey Souls Gaf,
I usually use internet for these types of questions, but I didn't find anything so, please help! I just finished the game and I'm about to go NG+. I used a quality build, but for NG+ I would like to use a faith-focused built (those lightning spells are phenomenal). Two questions, is it worth doing a full respec to my character and allocate stats in faith or should I start a different class from scratch? Also, if you recommend this, which spells/items should I find before going +? Thank you!

laxu

Hey Souls Gaf,
I usually use internet for these types of questions, but I didn't find anything so, please help! I just finished the game and I'm about to go NG+. I used a quality build, but for NG+ I would like to use a faith-focused built (those lightning spells are phenomenal). Two questions, is it worth doing a full respec to my character and allocate stats in faith or should I start a different class from scratch? Also, if you recommend this, which spells/items should I find before going +? Thank you!

If you want to play NG+ then obviously you need to respec. You should try to get every item (weapons, spells) you can in NG for your current character, heal any hollowing you might have and then respec and start NG+.

Try to get the best chimes and buy all spells from Irina, Cornyx and Orbeck (should you decide you want to be a sorcerer or pyro instead). Probably not worth farming for the covenant items except for the sunbro ones because you can get souls and good practice against bosses by helping with those.

Hey Souls Gaf,

Unless the class you started has a lot of points into luck or int theres no need. If it does...you'll have a hard time reaching full potential, if you care about meta level.

Get the best lightning spear, the aoe from NM and the lightning stake. Canvas talisman is the best talisman with unfaltering prayer. For weapon you can't put a lot of points into str and dex if you keep wanna stay in 120 metalevel, otherwise get the swordspear or an astora greatsword.

Go for 55-60 FTH.

Has there been any info on the time of the DLC release? I know it's coming on the 25th but I'm wondering if I can play it on the Tuesday or if I'll have to wait until Wednesday (I'm in the UK).

Mutombo

concerning the DLC, I find that the news/hype surrounding it is pretty silent. I can't say I'm hyped, I wasn't really for Bloodborne's DLC either, but once I played Bloodborne's DLC it moved that game up to one of my favorite games altogether.

Maybe people are burnt out? Maybe there's too much other stuff going on than to talk about DS3 DLC? Maybe people'll get hyped again when the reviews for the DLC hit?

Dahbomb

Started a brand new character with the Deprived after not playing the game for a while to prepare for the DLC.

Man the game's combat and feel is so on point. I finished Lords of the Fallen over the weekend and while I didn't think it was that bad... man it felt like molasses compared to DS3.

I have no idea what build I am going to be running on this character. Right now I am just using the katana I got off of the master swordsman guy in the first area with a Raw infusion.

Post patch what are the best weapons/builds? I already have an Onikiri and a UGS build on my other two characters.

RiggyRob

We did it - Soul of Cinder defeated and the End of Fire achieved.

It's been a hell of a run, although not quite as long as DS2 was, which just seemed to go on and on and on. We'll probably take a bit of a break and then head straight back to the DLC now that I know how to get there.

Favourite part of the game has to be Irithyll, just for the spectacular Harry Potter-esque view. Most exhilarating boss was definitely Nameless King, but my favourite one was probably the Dancer of the Boreal Valley, it was just so strange and ethereal and actually fun to fight.

Anyone else psyched for portable Dark Souls on Nintendo Switch? /fanboyrumour

Alo0oy

Banned
HardcoreGamer's review of Ashes of Ariandel is up. It appears to be really short. Article says:
It’s arguably the shortest DLC released for a Dark Souls game, taking us roughly 3 hours to complete, and then an extra hour to gather all the items and explore.

IGN says
5 to 10 hours which ia fine by me, that what each DS2 DLC took to me

Fine by me, the length doesn't matter, quality content is what matters, Miyazaki already said both DLC combined are about as long as AotA, the new gear introduced as well as the arena are arguably more important for the game's future.

Hopefully dark magic is going to get fixed
besides the Onyx Blade of course, it needs more than just a weapon.

Alo0oy

Banned
I can confirm that scythes are pretty boss right now, dex build redeemed? (only tested the Great Corvian Scythe though).

MCD

Getting fucked with extremely high damage and fighting multiple enemies at the same time on NG++

Some of the loot is extremely LAZY. Homeworld bone? Titan shard? Seriously From?

Oh well. Found my third Bonfire. Getting sleepy, will play later.

Also lol:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/McDragon Live/video/22628233

P.S. These two are assholes. Just grab the item there and bolt away.

Hope performance is fine on PC, cause on x1 it spending a lot of time in the 20's
: defiantly blighttown tier bad now, id be worried my x1 was broken , if gears wasn't running rock solid on it.

Ethelwulf

So I reallocated my quality build to a faith build and I'm playing through NG+ like butter. One hit kills almost everytime I cast a spell. Thanks for the help guys. Just one concern, does unfaltering prayer works EVERYTIME? Because I do get interrupted about half of the times I try casting spells. Or is it because I first need to reach full Faith (55-60)?

Dahaka

Is there a post/article about the new balance changes and explaining how poise has improved or bits like:

Improved regular attack animations of hammer category weapons.
• Improved regular attack animations of greatsword category weapons.
• Improved regular attack animations of axe category weapons.
• Improved regular attack animations of fist category weapons.

So I reallocated my quality build to a faith build and I'm playing trough NG+ like butter. One hit kills almost everytime I cast a spell. Thanks for the help guys. Just one concern, does unfaltering prayer works EVERYTIME? Because I do get interrupted about half of the times I try casting spells. Or is it because I first need to reach full Faith (55-60)?

It depends what talisman you're using. The Sunlight Talisman isn't the most powerful talisman at 60 Faith but it has the best Unfaltering Prayer. With that being said, even with the best talisman you can still be knocked out of Unfaltering Prayer, it just takes several direct hits.

Ferr986

Is there a post/article about the new balance changes and explaining how poise has improved or bits like:

Improved regular attack animations of hammer category weapons.
• Improved regular attack animations of greatsword category weapons.
• Improved regular attack animations of axe category weapons.
• Improved regular attack animations of fist category weapons.

For what I did read, these weapons (and scythes) r1s are faster. Axes also has more range.

Poise is still DS3 poise, heavy armor gives more hyperarmor.

Ethelwulf

It depends what talisman you're using. The Sunlight Talisman isn't the most powerful talisman at 60 Faith but it has the best Unfaltering Prayer. With that being said, even with the best talisman you can still be knocked out of Unfaltering Prayer, it just takes several direct hits.

Thanks! Ok but, it does depend on Faith then (45 at the moment)? Because I get interrupted even by regular axe skeleton dudes from the first area while casting in skill mode :( I'm using the Canvas+10 btw,

Ferr986

Thanks! Ok but, it does depend on Faith then (45 at the moment)? Because I get interrupted even by regular axe skeleton dudes from the first area while casting in skill mode :( I'm using the Canvas+10 btw,

You have to cast with L2. Regular casting doesnt give hyperarmor.

Alo0oy

Banned
Demon's Souls PvP is back, with people invading and breaking your shit, I just spent 20k souls fixing all my shit on my level 40 character.

Ferr986

I do cast with L2 and even so I get interrupted.

Use the regular talisman, at 45 it has the same scaling than canvas and better hyperarmor. Mind you it only has defense for 2 weak attacks, after that you're interrupted.

Sunlight has the most hyperarmor but less damage.

Ferr986

OH10WbY.gif

Holy fuck.

EDIT: Also, about the new poise, seems like hyperarmor now it depends on both weapon and armor. With low poise armor you may not get hyperarmor even if the weapon has it.

Nameless

Yeah Acid Surge is ridiculously broken. As an invader I could deal with all the ways the deck was stacked against me, but why even bother now? Within an hour of the patch Gankers were already cheesing this. I can only imagine how bad things will get. I'll play through Ashes and try out the arena, but it might be time to retire my Red Orb for the 4-8 weeks it takes From to realize their fuck-up and patch it.

Time to start NG+, good thing dlc starting point isn't that far away as I just don't enjoy replaying games.
I have forgotten though, do I need to beat the abyss watchers to access
the cathedral
?

Top Bottom