• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

pa22word

I just heard that long combos don't exist anymore since the Patch? After 2 hits you can now roll out of everything? Is that true?

If true that'd be a typical FS solution to a problem.

"How do we fix rapier R1 spam? Break combos for everything!"

Heavy weapon users boned again in this damned game >.>

Tarkus

I can't imagine NK is actually that much harder fists only, really.

He's a boss that gets significantly easier the closer you are to him because it completely negates all his ranged attacks. The hardest part would be trying to stay engaged long enough to waylay him for 15 mins without falling asleep at the wheel and tanking a hit.

Honestly, two handing an ultragreatsword would probably be harder than fists only in terms of raw challenge just because the frames of squeezing a hit in are so much lower and have much higher potential of damage dealt to you.
Agree with this. Once you've faced a boss so many times, it's pretty easy to flawless them if you know the movements and hit boxes. That's why I could care less about stuff like this and SL1 runs.

Deku Tree

I just heard that long combos don't exist anymore since the Patch? After 2 hits you can now roll out of everything? Is that true? Because I didn't notice anything really. Still get stun locked.

I got some good r1 spam combos done to take down an invader earlier today with my Dark Sword. IDK if the player was trying to roll or not.

Urgh, Aldrich is being a real pain to my pure sorc build. Resistant to magic and dark, booooooo... I read that Twisted Wall of Lights can reflect his arrow barrage and a few other spells, but so far no luck.

The patch notes said they rebalanced some of the magic FP cost, anyone have any actual numbers? Things like Soul Spear still seem rather too expensive to me.

Deku Tree

I can't believe these speed runners save and quit the instant they open every door to save the opening animation time from counting towards their run.

MilkBeard

iSkys on Twitch mentioned that. Not sure if true. He said for example the R1, L2, R2 combo of the Halberd can no longer stun lock and you can roll out but I think you could that before. I'm confused.

As far as I know, you could always roll out of continuous R1 attacks after the second hit for most weapons. I'm not sure about more complex combos with different button presses, though.

mstevens

Last ending I need is
link the first flame. I just beat soul of cinder again and said yes to link the flame and I didn't get the trophy. Any idea why?

Meccs

Last ending I need is
link the first flame. I just beat soul of cinder again and said yes to link the flame and I didn't get the trophy. Any idea why?
Depends on what ending you actually did get. The bonfire says always link the flame afaik.

Meccs

Ah on that save I was on track for a different ending. Anything I can do to make it change to that one?
Again, it depends on what you did. Do you have the Yuria quest line completed?
#1 Her Ending #2 Kill her before Lord of Cinder 3# Kill her and give eyes to Fire Kepper #4 Killer her, give eyes to Fire Kepper, kill Fire Kepper at Ending (gives no Achievement)

mstevens

Again, it depends on what you did. Do you have the Yuria quest line completed?
#1 Her Ending #2 Kill her before Lord of Cinder 3# Kill her and give eyes to Fire Kepper

On this save I completed her quest line but didn't give the
eyes
(I don't think I killed her). I backup'd the save to get the other two endings which is why I'm unsure of what has been done.

Meccs

On this save I completed her quest line but didn't give the
eyes
(I don't think I killed her). I backup'd the save to get the other two endings which is why I'm unsure of what has been done.
Yeah there is no Achievement for
killing her at the ending
, but it is a different outcome.

Sorcerers are vastly underpowered until you have to encounter one in a 1 vs 5. All it takes is getting caught in even minor stunlock by one of the coop players to be caught by Crystal Soul Spear.

Wow that
Prince brothers
fight was insane and cool, my heart kept beating while the music intensified as the fight came closer to an end. Did anyone else get the brothers Toguro vibes from Yu Yu Hakusho?
Mainly the younger brother on top of the older brother

So is there anything I can do right now to get the
link the first flame
ending?

Yes
Give the firekeeper her eyes. And pay the X souls to heal the Dark Sigil from the firekeeper. This will piss off Yuria of Londor preventing you from getting the Usurpation of Fire ending. So just link the fire in the end.

Dahbomb

Yey 1400 something silver knights later got the 30 concords. Now on to medals and shackles.... someone save me x_X...
Sunlight Medals are pretty easy online, you can spam the Yhorm Giant place. Lots of other people are there too.

Shackles also aren't that hard by just going to Pontiff Sullyvan post bonfire area and just put down red soapstone. Sometimes you will be put in fight clubs but other times you will just fight 1 on 1 against a host and you get their shackle if you win. You can also be a scumbag, equip Hornet ring + giant weapon and during fight club walk behind the host casually and back stab them for one shot... then go out.

Shackles can also be cheesed with a friend by just killing them over and over again. I can help out with that if you want, PSN is Dahbomb88.

Most difficult to get are the Wolfgrass and the Concords. Wolfgrass less so because you have to kill pretty easy minions that are pretty close to the bonfire but the Concords requires killing a couple of pretty meaty minions. Plus someone can have the Wolf ring and can cheese you the achievement.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Sunlight Medals are pretty easy online, you can spam the Yhorm Giant place. Lots of other people are there too.

Shackles also aren't that hard by just going to Pontiff Sullyvan post bonfire area and just put down red soapstone. Sometimes you will be put in fight clubs but other times you will just fight 1 on 1 against a host and you get their shackle if you win. You can also be a scumbag, equip Hornet ring + giant weapon and during fight club walk behind the host casually and back stab them for one shot... then go out.

Shackles can also be cheesed with a friend by just killing them over and over again. I can help out with that if you want, PSN is Dahbomb88.

Most difficult to get are the Wolfgrass and the Concords. Wolfgrass less so because you have to kill pretty easy minions that are pretty close to the bonfire but the Concords requires killing a couple of pretty meaty minions. Plus someone can have the Wolf ring and can cheese you the achievement.

Yeah problem is I don't have access to ps+ and kind of don't want to resub just for this :/.
I appreciate the offer for help a lot though! So thanks for that.
But for now I'm stuck with farming.

I actually finished Wolfgrass already went pretty fast I guess I had decent luck with those. Concords were insanely shitty though like I started at almost 0 souls an by the end when I reached thirty I had around 4 million souls. Especially the last two were insane and just didn't want to drop.

Current status is 19 more medals and 26 more shackles feels so close but yet so far.

Maybe Fromsoft will show mercy and up the drop rates @_@

Sarcasm

Anybody on pc want to do some cheese?

Sarcasm

I never tried so, so I can't be confident with suggesting that.

How many do you need? Steam username is the same as my gaf name.

And for other of players, there is a uhh lack of summons signs and activity?

I only got 30 sunlight medals and 10 dregs for aldritch.

The shackles are the only cheeseable ones right? Guess best to ask if you got the rings too lol.

I am not home at the moment. What timezone yea in?

I only got 30 sunlight medals and 10 dregs for aldritch.

The shackles are the only cheeseable ones right? Guess best to ask if you got the rings too lol.

I am not home at the moment. What timezone yea in?
Yeah the shackles are cheeseable. Pretty much we use the same password, I will summon you while you wear the mount maker covenant and you kill me. I don't have to be ember for it as well.

Haha I do not have all the rings on PC. I do on ps4 :p

EST time zone. just send me a friend request on steam whenever. I should most likely be around if I am online.

Soulhouf

#FashionSouls

Ci7gYMmWUAEFSf3.jpg:orig

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Worst form of SOC?
Spear

Edit: I was wrong it's
mage/pyro

Edit 2: nope going back to my first pick

OF COURSE THERE'S A
second phase

Seems like the framerate has been improved on the Xbone. Not getting the slow motion effect in some places that I used to before. Framerate could still be better tho.

2AdEPT

That damage. did you fully upgrade your weapon before the dancer?

sorry for the late reply...no I didnt even get anri's sword, let alone upgrade it til much later. I just used the swordmaster glitch early and just let the sword master kill dancer by himself....this was necessary to get the red tearstone ring early wchich was the whole premise for this run; so I will have to do my first real dancer fight with my first character Xienfeng without the tearstone, although I will be able to use morion...just not Anri's...my main character is just dex....will prolly upgrade the sellsword twinblades or maybe try the Farron great sword. Still having fun with the Hyper mode progression so maybe when its time to come full circle and do the dancer (which is soon as I only have Aldritch to go now) i will do as much minmaxing as possible despite not having the full tearstone effect. Actually I think I beat dancer already with that character but didn't record it..may have to load an old save.

edit : a huge part of the OP ness of this hyper mode build is the ANri's luck part..its OP on its own even without hypermode.

Tarkus

Seems like the framerate has been improved on the Xbone. Not getting the slow motion effect in some places that I used to before. Framerate could still be better tho.
That's good to know. I'm really happy to hear that.

I always heard it was a piece of shit and I should look at the Dodge Challenger!***

tariniel

Just finished 100% by picking up that last ring in Grand Archives! Pretty amazing game imo. I solo'd bosses in NG, used some NPC's in NG+ for gestures, and in NG++ I summoned people for about half of the fights just because I only needed to pass them to grab these rings. I'd say I still prefer Bloodborne overall but this was still a great experience. If you're looking for a way to keep track of what you need for 100%, this site is great (achievement checklist at the top).

Thinking I'll take a break for a few days then start a fresh character that uses maybe Pyromancy instead of pure melee.

Here's the only screenshot I took during the game, when I took a break to PvP and help summon some Darkmoon friends, these two reds obviously knew the struggle. It was pretty awesome. The blue didn't even want to kill them, so they both ran off and jumped down the elevator pit.

Code:
Darkmoon Loyalty
[IMG]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263836971413256375/D48E4292D238BC86246206FDFE2053C251A825B2/[/IMG]

Also, if anyone on PC needs some rings for twinks, shoot me a message. I can backup my save and drop some +2 rings or whatever you need (if I have it).

2AdEPT

Havel keeps recking me.

make sure to bait his attack and then charge your own power attack to combat it right after. Another option is to roll through his attack and get one swing in on the back, but always be ready to roll away. Oh yeah and equip tears of denial so at least he doesnt one shot you.

the fight itself is at 5 minutes of the video in case it didnt cue right.

in other news Episode 9 in Kay Plays and she finally killed vordt and is about to start the undead settlement. LOL now thats a speed run for you.

Dahbomb

Jesus who the fuck wants to watch this shit?
Something hilarious about watching new players suffer through the game then triumph when they finally overcome a challenge.

It's like watching a kid grow right before you eyes, something heart warming about it.

Edit: Wait nevermind she isn't actually completely new to the series... just seems to take her time. So like ENB I guess.

Any idea on why I would lose AR after a respec? Hollowing is still at 99, str40/dex40 remain the same, luck was at 40 but I upped to 50 after the respec from shaving unneeded stamina and faith which was at 16 because I just wanted to try some weapons that require faith.

hollow infused washing pole 474ar
after the respec with 10 more luck points: 454ar

2AdEPT

Something hilarious about watching new players suffer through the game then triumph when they finally overcome a challenge.

It's like watching a kid grow right before you eyes, something heart warming about it.

Well that was why many of us started watching in the beginning, but lets face it...she aint a new player no more! ;P It'd be funny if it were a new player, or an old one like Jeff Green, but she is a veteran of souls now having played all other games except Bloodborne. I still watch as it is a tradition and I have a lot of friends in her community, but man she prolly needs to try something different for her shtick...she used to speed things up by doing a lot of mindless stuff off camera but for some reason she forgets to do that with DS3 and paint dries before she makes any progress.

Just finished 100% by picking up that last ring in Grand Archives! Pretty amazing game imo. I solo'd bosses in NG, used some NPC's in NG+ for gestures, and in NG++ I summoned people for about half of the fights just because I only needed to pass them to grab these rings. I'd say I still prefer Bloodborne overall but this was still a great experience. If you're looking for a way to keep track of what you need for 100%, this site is great (achievement checklist at the top).

Thinking I'll take a break for a few days then start a fresh character that uses maybe Pyromancy instead of pure melee.

Here's the only screenshot I took during the game, when I took a break to PvP and help summon some Darkmoon friends, these two reds obviously knew the struggle. It was pretty awesome. The blue didn't even want to kill them, so they both ran off and jumped down the elevator pit.

Code:
Darkmoon Loyalty
[IMG]http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263836971413256375/D48E4292D238BC86246206FDFE2053C251A825B2/[/IMG]

Also, if anyone on PC needs some rings for twinks, shoot me a message. I can backup my save and drop some +2 rings or whatever you need (if I have it).

Whats your steam ID? If you dont mind giving me all the rings :3 I will def pass it on as well.

Top Bottom