• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Sarcasm

Yea have to deal with the shitty PvP! Do it it is being forced on you, just embrace it lol.

Even with no lag (cause game has bad netcode) its still a joke. Especially when you seem to fight the same person, but with many different names.

Got my two proofs! Up to 4 now. The wait is what kills me though. In family share -.-

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I don't think the covenant summoning is broken.

I've done my 30 proofs in the Undead Settlement at a low SL (I can't remember exactly) and I was getting called frequently. The problem is that the players don't equip the Way of blue once they find the Sun Emblem in the Undead Settlements. Low level players will run from an invasion and that gives you the time to find them and rescue them. Mid level players will just attack the invader and you won't have the time to get summoned.
So... this happened

InegLAr.gif

They need warning labels that tell you to stay low level so you can get the Blue/Darkmoon proofs.
Tried the low level stuff too, never worked, ever. *shrugs*

Skii

Could someone give me a brief description of the 4 endings please.

My first playthrough ending was
giving the firekeeper eyes to the firekeeper and letting her plunge the world into darkness
. I know there is one fiddly one but I don't want to check online and ruin the ending.

It doesn't work. I tried with two friends the other day, the invader kept invading random people. We all used the same pw. If only Darkmoons got summoned if the host got invaded via Red Soapstone. Unfortunately From decided to have that not happen, it's like they want use so kill 1400 Silver Knights >_>

You guys can try though. We never managed to get the invader to get the host, but if you guys manage to and the Darkmoon gets summoned to that hosts world we have something.

Tarkus

I'm down if we can get another on ps4
Please stay on. I'm helping a dear friend with Irithyll Dungeon right now. Promise I'll be a few minutes.
Never mind. Where do we want to do this?

Actually, let's do High Wall of Lothric. Password is GAF all caps and my character name is Tarkus.

Please stay on. I'm helping a dear friend with Irithyll Dungeon right now. Promise I'll be a few minutes.

Actually, let's do High Wall of Lothric. Password is GAF all caps and my character name is Tarkus.

Try invading multiple times. I've already seen that a host and an invader using the same pws doesn't guarantee the invader gets the host. However, maybe the Darkmoon and Host can be connected via pws.

Jafku

ok give me a sec. I'm on Witcher 3

Tarkus

Try invading multiple times. I've already seen that a host and an invader using the same pws doesn't guarantee the invader gets the host. However, maybe the Darkmoon and Host can be connected via pws.
Yeah. We need a nice invader to invade the host's world so as to not kill them. If passwords allow this, then I believe we can be successful.

I just finished watching ENB's playthrough #42 and I'm thoroughly disappointed how easy Champion Gundyr was because of the summon. He was going to get his ass handed to him if his summon wasn't there as a distraction. Oh well, hopefully he remembers that spot in Irithyll Dungeon and discovers ArchDragon Peak.

Is there any reason to keep my soul level at 100 instead of 120? I'm in NG+ if that makes any difference. Will I have more trouble finding summons, invaders, and/or Bluebros if I level up to 120?

Dahbomb

Hand on give me like 5 mins to get on.

Alright I am on, so I just invade with Red orb in that place and set password to GAF?

Is there any reason to keep my soul level at 100 instead of 120? I'm in NG+ if that makes any difference. Will I have more trouble finding summons, invaders, and/or Bluebros if I level up to 120?

I'm 125 and I get summoned quiet often for bosses, and when I put down my invasion sign outside pontiff I get summoned within 5 minutes. I haven't tried summoning people, but if I can be summoned, then I can find summons.

For the bluebros I haven't tried getting them auto-summoned to me since I beat the game and haven't gone into NG+ because I wanna finish covenant stuff.

jonjonaug

After a long play session yesterday (about 10 hours) and a decently long one today (5-6 hours) I got up to rank 2 in Darkmoon Blades, Mound Makers, and Wolves of Farron along with rank 1 in Rosaria's Fingers. Meaning that I'm finally free.

I think the Sentinels/Darkmoon summoning was fixed. I was getting pretty frequent hits at level 125 throughout my NG++ playthrough and I was able to get 30 Concord items without any Silver Knight grinding. For shackles I just invaded in the Aldrich Faithful area until I had enough, didn't bother grinding the grave warden skeletons. For the 7 or so Human Dregs I needed for the Aldrich Faithful covenant I just equipped the rune while killing the Deacons in the Aldrich invasion area, about half of the dregs came from drops and the other half from killing hosts.

The Swordgrass though, that was awful. The Watchdogs covenant gives almost zero hits at level 125, so I ended up getting about 25 of the grasses from grinding and only five or so from killing hosts.

Sulik2

Finally got around to starting DS2 on PC. Finished Bloodborne today after six months, the transition to DS2 is, rather shocking. The menus are really bad in DS2. Completely confused at the start though, so that does feel dark soulsey. Any tips I should keep in mind? I know I need to get my agility to 110 asap to fix the iframes on rolling. Anything else specific to be aware of?

Mistel

Banned
It had very high AR, but they nerfed it like they always do: by overnerfing. It went from the highest AR of the UGSs to near the bottom.
AR is not everything when it comes to a weapon at all its a poor metric its helpful for comparison but not the end all be all .
Finally got around to starting DS2 on PC. Finished Bloodborne today after six months, the transition to DS2 is, rather shocking. The menus are really bad in DS2. Completely confused at the start though, so that does feel dark soulsey. Any tips I should keep in mind? I know I need to get my agility to 110 asap to fix the iframes on rolling. Anything else specific to be aware of?
Nothing too specific as of yet if you're already aware of I frames but the DS2 Thread for Scholar and Vanilla should help.

Tarkus

I've been adding shit to the OP, mainly summoning data and patch notes. I want to add parry data when I see something concrete. What else would you guys like? I don't want anything that would spoil the game obviously.

Top Bottom