• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

I have a question for those that fought A
byss Watchers
when you saw
the message that said you had to put out three flames, what was your initial thought? I saw that message near a campfire and was like, wow okay so knowing Dark Souls, I habe lead a slug to like spray it's weird crap on it and put it out. So I tried doing that and got hit a few times before dodge rolling and having it hit the fire AND nothing happened. So I was like da fuq? Okay gotta explore more. Then I saw the little alter with a flame and was like o...that makes more sense.

I noticed that while I had the Falcon Shield equipped, the drop for Proof of Concord was a lot more common than without it. As in I got one every 16 minutes rather than one every hour. So when I talked about it, someone else had a similar experience, so he wanted to test it out too :p. Try it yourself if you're farming a covenant item and see if it helps drop it more often, I have a strong feeling it increases ID even though it doesn't show it.

byss Watchers
when you saw
the message that said you had to put out three flames, what was your initial thought? I saw that message near a campfire and was like, wow okay so knowing Dark Souls, I habe lead a slug to like spray it's weird crap on it and put it out. So I tried doing that and got hit a few times before dodge rolling and having it hit the fire AND nothing happened. So I was like da fuq? Okay gotta explore more. Then I saw the little alter with a flame and was like o...that makes more sense.

It took me a while to get it on my first run. Honestly I can't even remember if I figured it out by myself or if I broke down and looked it up on the wiki (I've been playing this game until 1-2AM some nights so my memory has been spotty - yay sleep deprivation!). I absolutely hated that area and wanted to get out of there ASAP. Thankfully it wasn't so bad on my current pyro character since I was able to kill the more problematic enemies from a distance.

neoism

byss Watchers
when you saw

I noticed that while I had the Falcon Shield equipped, the drop for Proof of Concord was a lot more common than without it. As in I got one every 16 minutes rather than one every hour. So when I talked about it, someone else had a similar experience, so he wanted to test it out too :p. Try it yourself if you're farming a covenant item and see if it helps drop it more often, I have a strong feeling it increases ID even though it doesn't show it.

:eek:

Ferr986

So I got into this fight club and it took a while to start my fight because everyone that the host summoned turned into a jerk that wanted to sabotage the fight club.

Was funny to see everyone going all on his ass lol

After the jerks stopped popping, I finally took my turn to fight.... and my oponent took out his Washing Pole and decimated me lol that shit's hard as fuck to fight against.

Tarkus

So I got into this fight club and it took a while to start my fight because everyone that the host summoned turned into a jerk that wanted to sabotage the fight club.

After the jerks stopped popping, I finally took my turn to fight.... and my oponent took out his Washing Pole and decimated me lol that shit's hard as fuck to fight against.
Yup. Phantom range and crazy hitboxes. It's broken as fuck. Hard to parry as well oddly. That's why it's a meta weapon.

poodpick

Only way I've beaten a washing pole is to use a washing pole lol.

I love the obscuring ring holy shit. Obscuring ring + Greatbow = FUN

Alo0oy

Banned
On paper that sword looks pretty bad. Is it just the hyper armor that makes it better?

They buffed it in the latest patch.

Yup. Phantom range and crazy hitboxes. It's broken as fuck. Hard to parry as well oddly. That's why it's a meta weapon.

They just nerfed its damage recently too, it's like FROM don't realize that it's broken because of the phantom range and not damage, its damage was always pedestrian.

Sarcasm

Twin Princes' Greatsword!!!! Finally a greatsword with decent hyper armor. I mean UGS level HA. Hits hard too! I guess that puts the notion that all weapons in a class have the same amount of hyper armor to bed.

Wonder if I should try this out on my NG+

Tarkus

They buffed it in the latest patch.

They just nerfed its damage recently too, it's like FROM don't realize that it's broken because of the phantom range and not damage, its damage was always pedestrian.
Exactly. The damage was never the issue. It's being hit from 15 m away with a running attack and the 270 degree hitboxes.

Wonder if I should try this out on my NG+
Do it! It's NG+ end game though, unless someone kind drops it for you.

Alo0oy

Banned
Exactly. The damage was never the issue. It's being hit from 15 m away with a running attack and the 270 degree hitboxes.

I hate how it makes spears obsolete too, Spears are supposed to be good for running attacks and estus punishment, but the washing pole has the advantages of both weapon classes.

So I got all three endings and haven't decided to go to NG+ as I need to buy stuff..is it okay to buy all the spells now?

What do you mean? Is it bad to buy all the spells before doing something else :x? I bought all the spells except a couple you get for transposition, and the spells that are unlocked by going to
hollowing dude, because I somehow missed the turtle guy on my first playthrough.

Persona7

Banned
I like invading in the profaned capital and them knocking people off the big ass ladder. They never see me on or near the ladder even when they are crossing the bridge from the dungeon.

dralla

Getting serious Demon's Souls vibes from Iriithyl Dungeon. Tower of Latria part two. I found the Old Key which opens the 'oldest cell' in the dungeon and the description says it's a cell of a giant. I beat the boss which was the giant but I don't think I used the key? Is there another cell somewhere I use it or did I unknowingly use it already to get to the boss?

Sarcasm

Do it! It's NG+ end game though, unless someone kind drops it for you.

So it isn't a boss soul weapon you purchase?

What do you mean? Is it bad to buy all the spells before doing something else :x? I bought all the spells except a couple you get for transposition, and the spells that are unlocked by going to
hollowing dude, because I somehow missed the turtle guy on my first playthrough.

Probably doesn't matter for me but buying from one person instead of other while playing normally can screw up quests.

explodet

Getting serious Demon's Souls vibes from Iriithyl Dungeon. Tower of Latria part two. I found the Old Key which opens the 'oldest cell' in the dungeon and the description says it's a cell of a giant. I beat the boss which was the giant but I don't think I used the key? Is there another cell somewhere I use it or did I unknowingly use it already to get to the boss?
You use the old key in another cell. Keys aren't used up in this game.

EDIT: And I'm right there with you regarding the Dungeon. Whole place had me on edge just like the Tower.

Xeteh

http://i.imgur.com/tW13m9i.gifv

I take it that arrow stab never made it in to the game? I was thinking of doing a bow only playthrough, the one I did in original DS2 was probably one of my favorite builds ever and that clip from the trailer got me super excited about it. I know the quick shot is the Short Bow's perk.

poodpick

http://i.imgur.com/tW13m9i.gifv

I take it that arrow stab never made it in to the game? I was thinking of doing a bow only playthrough, the one I did in original DS2 was probably one of my favorite builds ever and that clip from the trailer got me super excited about it. I know the quick shot is the Short Bow's perk.

Arrow stab? He does a rolling shot with the bow and then backstabs the enemy with a straight sword. That move is still in the game.

Gestahl

Doing pvp for an hour at the Faithful hangout, not sure I saw a single blue spirit that didn't fuck up immensely and die almost immediately haha

Holy shit

Aldrich might be the end of the game for me. 20+ tries, second phase always gets me.

Phantoms not much help either.

what do ;___;

neoism

Twin Princes' Greatsword!!!! Finally a greatsword with decent hyper armor. I mean UGS level HA. Hits hard too! I guess that puts the notion that all weapons in a class have the same amount of hyper armor to bed.

yea i cant wait to get that sword.

squidyj

Until today I didn't realize you could parry the prince greatsword projectile attack.

Still looking for a kind soul to help me transfer a few items on PC.

Sarcasm

So now all I need is gestures and sorceries (Orbeck damnnn youuuu and 1 crystal sage soul).

How do I not screw it up?

I bought everything that had a limit from vendors in firelink shrine. What else do I need to buy before going into NG+?

Holy shit

Aldrich might be the end of the game for me. 20+ tries, second phase always gets me.

Phantoms not much help either.

what do ;___;

Are you on PC?

Until today I didn't realize you could parry the prince greatsword projectile attack.

Still looking for a kind soul to help me transfer a few items on PC.
Sure I can do that. Add me on steam, same as my gaf name.
So now all I need is gestures and sorceries (Orbeck damnnn youuuu and 1 crystal sage soul).

How do I not screw it up?

I bought everything that had a limit from vendors in firelink shrine. What else do I need to buy before going into NG+?

Are you on PC?
you can get all the sorcery tomes first before you get Orbeck to teach you. And only two gestures that conflict with each other is the darkmoon geature and proper bow. Maybe the patches gesture as well?

2AdEPT

I recently learned she has an account here so I hope she picks up our desire for more content. :p
Enb is 70% fake as fuck if I would have to bet. Not that it should matter, it's just silly entertainment.
Not only does she have an account she has her own thread! I subscribe to it to see how far fanboys can go fawning over a clearly married woman, but never post in it. Its a little over the top IMO, but whatever, it is all entertaining for sure.

Wooooow! Report Fromsoft for hacking! I was doing Sirris' quest and
I was at the part where you get summoned to her world to fight Creighton. He used the Undead Hunters Charm on her to stop her from healing, so I put it on my belt(she almost died while I did this, if I hadn't backstabbed Creighton in time, she woulda died :(.) But I threw one on him and knew it was active because the white cloud. Then I started attacking him, when he was almost dead, he pulled out his Estus and didn't drink. BUT HE GAINED HEALTH BACK! Report for h4x!

squidyj

Sure I can do that. Add me on steam, same as my gaf name.
you can get all the sorcery tomes first before you get Orbeck to teach you. And only two gestures that conflict with each other is the darkmoon geature and proper bow. Maybe the patches gesture as well?

I would, but I'm actually playing off a new account that's sharing dark souls from my main account so that I can get summoned as a darkmoon/watchdog.
I'm going to set my password to neogaf and drop a red sign at the first bonfire at high wall (first bonfire after leaving the shrine).

Edit: sent a friends request from my main account.

I would, but I'm actually playing off a new account that's sharing dark souls from my main account so that I can get summoned as a darkmoon/watchdog.

I'm going to set my password to neogaf and drop a red sign at the first bonfire at high wall (first bonfire after leaving the shrine).

okay heading there now. Just drop whatever you want me to give to your other character. After you drop your items off and leave, I will put down my red summon sign so just summon me whenever you switch to your other character.

Sarcasm

You doing this for new character or trying to achievement? You can transfer your main account save.

If you're doing something else, ignore this =p

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Wooooow! Report Fromsoft for hacking! I was doing Sirris' quest and
I was at the part where you get summoned to her world to fight Creighton. He used the Undead Hunters Charm on her to stop her from healing, so I put it on my belt(she almost died while I did this, if I hadn't backstabbed Creighton in time, she woulda died :(.) But I threw one on him and knew it was active because the white cloud. Then I started attacking him, when he was almost dead, he pulled out his Estus and didn't drink. BUT HE GAINED HEALTH BACK! Report for h4x!
Maybe... he got a message rated? >_>

squidyj

You doing this for new character or trying to achievement? You can transfer your main account save.

If you're doing something else, ignore this =p

I transfered my main account save over so I have all my higher level chars and whatnot. I want to move some items onto a new character is all.

shit i don't have the red soap stone on this character, which is a new character D:

just place your red summon sign in the same area.

uhhhh, the character i'm transferring to is new and doesn't have the red soapstone either. I'm going to hop back on my other char.

haha well my bad, should have loaded my other character instead of picking continue. Let me give your items back and switch over to my other character, which does have the red soap stone :p

squidyj

haha well my bad, should have loaded my other character instead of picking continue. Let me give your items back and switch over to my other character, which does have the red soap stone :p

Sweet, thanks for all your help. Now I can play with cool luck weapons all game =D

Top Bottom