• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

Still enjoying my pyromancer but it's time to experiment with a different build:

Immolation Tinder Sorc

The Darkmoon Ring + Soul Stream can be switched out for Leo Ring, as it boosts the Immolation Tinder's thrust damage.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the build before I spend my rebirth. I've seen some videos of people doing very well with this weapon on their sorcerers:

Immolation Tinder - PvE Gauntlet (NG+)

Immolation Tinder - PvP Showcase @ Pontiff Bonfire

Dark soul 3 Immolation tinder true battle mage!

Stumbled over Oroboros videos on Youtube. Man those are hard to watch. The commentary is basically him insulting every player and nothing but "buffed to the teeth and spin combo every enemy" footage. Not sure what people like about him. Seems also heavily edited to show OP wins.
Any good narrated PvP videos besides DamnNoHtml?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Juutas1988

Juutus and his buddy Elitty (sp?) have put up a lot o pvp related videos. They appear to be long time soul veterans. I'm sure some posters here and moreso on reddit are familiar with them.They have at least three twitched streamed 1 hr + Fight Club vids you can watch. You get to see a alot of matches, crazy win streaks, and interesting builds, and over all good duelists.

They're pretty entertaining. Juutus uses the binoculars to watch the duel, while he and Elitty (who fights sometimes) commentate and talk about the builds and weapons duelists are using.

The best organized, informative and fun to watch PVP Fight Club I've seen thus far

chunk3rvd

I can speak to Rosaria to get the covenant item without breaking Sirris' quest line right? Got my 30th shackle last night and want to carry on invading so figure I may as well switch to the Fingers

Sarcasm

I can speak to Rosaria to get the covenant item without breaking Sirris' quest line right? Got my 30th shackle last night and want to carry on invading so figure I may as well switch to the Fingers

Can even respec.

Pale tongues btw not fingers which you can get invading with no covenant equipped.

If you invade without a covenant equipped you'll get Pale Tongues as a reward anyway, so you can get all your tongues and then join Rosaria any time you like.

Alo0oy

Banned

You can't make any offerings, you can only respec or change your appearance. EDIT: I misread your post, joining is fine.

Raitaro

Hey guys, I thought I'd pop in here (as well) to share something I came across this past week and thought to be quite cool for us (Demon's) Souls fans. Hope it's ok to share what is essentially a commercial.

I'm sure most of you'll agree it's worth a look: https://youtu.be/yer743a8K9Q

I'll use spoilers to keep the surprise for now but did Maserati consciously use the
narrator - or similar sounding one - from Demon's Souls and made this as an ode to the game? The narration strongly reminds me of the game's lore and opening, especially the final line about the soul and the opening about the ancients.

All finished now, I've got
archdragon peak
to finish but didn't fancy it today, I went for the
firekeeper
ending,I think I'll take a break now and see what the dlc will contain and what the access requirements are before starting ng+, overall I really enjoyed it and I didn't really hit any road blocks so I must finally be getting half decent at PvE in these games!

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
[PS4 Only]
Anyone up for killing each other for Vertebra Shackles? The covenant item required for the Mound Makers.

It's the last thing I need to do and I can't be bothered to farm them after grinding out the others. Send me a pm on here and I'll message you details.

mulac

[PS4 Only]
Anyone up for killing each other for Vertebra Shackles? The covenant item required for the Mound Makers.

It's the last thing I need to do and I can't be bothered to farm them after grinding out the others. Send me a pm on here and I'll message you details.

I can help if you want. PM me, PSN is themulac. Got about 30min tonight.

mulac

30 Concords farmed!
Will post video and stats later.

Summary: started last night at 8.25pm, by 12.15am I had 26.

Popped on just 10min ago and got 4 in a row by killing all 3 knights at Anor Londo.

The Falcon Shield works guys,persevere, have alcohol to hand and make your way through your podcasts of choice :)

My luck including Mimic, gold ring+2, falcon shield +10 and bronze coins was 383 for the record. I do have a Crystal Sage Rapier at +5 to bring luck up to 433 but I had WAY more frequent drops using the falcon shield.

Platinum is within grasp.

Anyone have advice for getting Old Wolf Curved sword? Is it reasonable to farm 10 of the items from PvE? How hard would it be to do in NG+ (level 90 or above) vs NG ?

neoism

30 Concords farmed!
Will post video and stats later.

Summary: started last night at 8.25pm, by 12.15am I had 26.

Popped on just 10min ago and got 4 in a row by killing all 3 knights at Anor Londo.

The Falcon Shield works guys,persevere, have alcohol to hand and make your way through your podcasts of choice :)

My luck including Mimic, gold ring+2, falcon shield +10 and bronze coins was 383 for the record. I do have a Crystal Sage Rapier at +5 to bring luck up to 433 but I had WAY more frequent drops using the falcon shield.

Platinum is within grasp.
damn im try that but your just probably lucky ��
i guess i can +9 it...

SDR-UK

If you go into NG+, DLC will be NG+ right? Also feel like mixing it up, what is a good greatsword?

Correct. DLC will be a bigger challenge for sure, especially with NG+ scaling.

Good greatsword? Twin Princes Greatsword, Black Knights Greatsword and of course the Fume Ultra Greatsword. All good choices.

Edit: Firelink Greatsword is amazing, too!

Sarcasm

Correct. DLC will be a bigger challenge for sure, especially with NG+ scaling.

Good greatsword? Twin Princes Greatsword, Black Knights Greatsword and of course the Fume Ultra Greatsword. All good choices.

Edit: Firelink Greatsword is amazing, too!

So....how do you do the math for all those if you go 40/40? I am bad at math (and choosing =p).

Just had this horribly laggy invader. He was gliding across the field. I was getting blood loss left and right, but wasn't losing any health. It was so laggy I experienced my first teleport backstab.

neoism

yup i call BS on the falcon shield.. killed 66 knights 2 fucking proofs... i swear the grass will kill me.. those poison ugly things near the ruin bonefire.. just killed 40 1 grass..
From 195 times farming by keep ruins bonfire, the statistics seem to be 1.68% chance for the poisonbreathing ghrus to drop a swordgrass and 0.92% for the shieldbearing ghrus. The conclusion is that there's 1.2% chance for a swordgrass for every time you kill the three by the keep ruins bonfire.

��������

ds3 by far did the covanent stuff the worst.. most of the rewards arent really worth it either.

i wonder if a pure int build with soul stream is better two kill them quickly

Deku Tree

Is there any history (that can be backed up with statistics) in the Souls series of things that don't increase your "Item Discovery" stat but somehow magically increase your discovery rates in game?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Is there any history (that can be backed up with statistics) in the Souls series of things that don't increase your "Item Discovery" stat but somehow magically increase your discovery rates in game?
In the originals that's how covetous serpent ring and the mimic head worked.

Sarcasm

What about profaned greatsword? How is it?

I can't get it anyways I used the boss soul to get the spell for cheevo...=/

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Didn't ring of fog in dks 1 make you untargetable in pvp at first and then they patched it? Or am I just crazy?

Also farming the forest hunters using bad collision detection (they would roll right off the cliff). Good memories.

Tarkus

I think I may stumbled upon an unfortunate finding for quality builds. I farmed my typical Refined Gem location outside of the dancer's room for an hour and a half with 310 ID. Not a single gem from Red Eyes. It usually takes anywhere from 3-10 minutes to get a gem to drop. I went to Grand Archives to farm the nights near the boss room for 30 minutes. Nothing. I thought, what if you're capped at 10 gems per playthrough? So I count my Refined weapons and come up with 9. I look in my inventory and see that I have 1 gem remaining, so 10 total. Sucks ass. Be careful with weapon infusions in you're not planning on going to NG+. Make them count. This mainly goes for PvP people who don't wish to play the story anymore. I better other gems have similar limits as well.

It's good. It's got the Lothric Greatsword moveset. Does 608 AR on my 40/40. Weapon skill is a golf swing that throws opponents down and buffs the weapon in fire for 20 seconds giving 680-ish AR. Hyper armor is on the lower tier in the UGS class. I just got mine thanks to the wonderful SDR-UK ;) I'll tell you more as I mess around with it more.

It's fun to use and it does good damage. Though I've only upgraded it one. If you want I can give you 1. I can just save reload to get it back.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
Question. I'm made it to the
Great Belfry
. I've collected
the Dragon Head and Torso Stone, and the Twinkling Dragon Head and Torso Stone

Then I see the
bell
but I see signs to not
ring
it. I think I've collected all the items, should I go ahead an proceed with
ringing the bell?

Thanks.

Great Belfry
. I've collected

Then I see the
bell
but I see signs to not
ring
ringing the bell?

Thanks.

You can go ahead and ring it.

Tarkus

Great Belfry
. I've collected

Then I see the
bell
but I see signs to not
ring
ringing the bell?

Thanks.
Yes. Prepare yourself.
ZP7y7.jpg

Btw...for anyone on PS4, I have a couple of boss souls I haven't traded in yet. I'll drop you any item you want to get from Ludleth (via Soul Transposition) for the following Boss Souls.

Twin Princes, Dancer, Champion Gundyr, Consumed Oceiros, Dragonslayer Armour, and Yhorm the Giant.

I believe you would have had to beaten that boss already to take the weapon....might be wrong about that.

My PSN is Saikogan. Reply here and/or send me a message on PSN.

yup i call BS on the falcon shield.. killed 66 knights 2 fucking proofs... i swear the grass will kill me.. those poison ugly things near the ruin bonefire.. just killed 40 1 grass..

��������

ds3 by far did the covanent stuff the worst.. most of the rewards arent really worth it either.

i wonder if a pure int build with soul stream is better two kill them quickly

Nah that's good. Without the shield I'd go 45min before getting a Concord. With the shield I got it after about 15min at the most. Considering I could kill 4 knights/minute that's 60 knights. So you're about where I was.

Top Bottom