• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT+2| Why Can't We Poise the Game?

So we are just changing host? Hopefully the dried fingers will work :3

Was that Elysium's curved sword by any chance? Cause yeah I just got rekt by that thing. :D

So are we relocating? Which bonfire?

Whoever was using the great curved sword and magic :p Assuming you!

edit:
And same area, just different host?

I'm about half way through NG+ and wishing I could play through the game for the first time again.

The sense of fear and unknown is lost entirely. Although it's definitely fun to be more aggressive in general.

And moving onto other games just isn't cutting it.

poodpick

Has anyone instantly gotten hit by deep soul or great deep soul as soon as its casted? Not sure if this guy was laggy as fuck or hacking. He would just keep spamming the cast and I would keep getting hit unless I got out of his line of sight. When I attempted to get up close the spell would hit me then he would combo me with the candlestick.

O good God! All this Fight Club posts have allowed me to feel the pain of Morrigan when we kept talking about how horrendous it was to get 30 concords lol.

SDR-UK

That guy came into the wrong game right there. Nicely done, GAF.

EDIT: On second thoughts, we are kind of derailing this topic a LOT. How about we set up a party chat on PS4? We don't have to use mics, we can just use text chat if people are shy.

squidyj

What? WHAT? HOW? It's RNG the boss...

Aldrich fight tips inside.

1. He always goes to the far corner so start running there.
2. you should be able to dodge his laser blasts and the floaties he leaves behind pretty easily if you just start moving.
3. get up on him early and hit him, then just attack the end of his tail
4. run away from the arrows but loop back around toward him, they tend not to track very well as their duration runs out.

Usually how my aldritch fights go is I run up on him, roll one attack and then he slams his staff down and tries to teleport so I hit his tail until he goes away, then I sprint across to the far corner of the room and repeat. if he uses his arrow attack I run away and loop around, it's pretty easy.

Well, the problem with party chat is that is so slow to write on PS4, but if other people are for it, I'm ok. I don't feel we are really derailing the thread, OT is for things like these IMO.

Who the hell was that guy lol

And damn Relaxed jump attack caught me offguard, had better tracking that I though. GG

No jump attack, just R2 2 handed halberd, looks like a jump attack, but you can manually aiming it until the last frame.

Good match whoever was usin the black knight halberd! Close match and I def got lucky at the end :p

That was me. lol

You evaded my attack with the sweeping attack, I thought it was an awesome ending.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
They don't have the password, they're just invaders. Invaders ignore passwords. Ignore them unless they start doing trouble. Most invaders will understand it's a fight club I think.

Hollycat

I swear, I love this game. I was invaded by an Aldrich follower just now while ago, he waited for me to come back and we greeted and started a duel. We were both showing to be pretty good in a no estus fight but then we were interrupted by a mad invader who tried to ruin our match, so we ganged up him. He tried to flee up the ladder in the waterway,I knocked him off with a jump attack and we tore Him to pieces. Then we both healed with estus to full and restarted our match. It was proving to be pretty even, both of using similar weapons and then somehow I broke his guard right as he parried me. I recovered first and won the match somehow. It was awesome. That guy is awesome.

Also a shout out to the guy who invaded right after him, tried to do a drop attack from the top of the waterway ladder and missed, killing himself. You the real hero.

I can't believe I always played offline before, this is so awesome! I love being summoned to assist outmatched players and fighting invaders! I'm actually doing pretty great too. So far I've only died to a solo invader once. God this game is glorious!

I admit, hornet is kinda pissing me off >_>

lol I'm sorry.

You got me this time though. :)

I swear, I love this game. I was invaded by an Aldrich follower just now while ago, he waited for me to come back and we greeted and started a duel. We were both showing to be pretty good in a no estus fight but then we were interrupted by a mad invader who tried to ruin our match, so we ganged up him. He tried to flee up the ladder in the waterway,I knocked him off with a jump attack and we tore Him to pieces. Then we both healed with estus to full and restarted our match. It was proving to be pretty even, both of using similar weapons and then somehow I broke his guard right as he parried me. I recovered first and won the match somehow. It was awesome. That guy is awesome.

Also a shout out to the guy who invaded right after him, tried to do a drop attack from the top of the waterway ladder and missed, killing himself. You the real hero.

I can't believe I always played offline before, this is so awesome! I love being summoned to assist outmatched players and fighting invaders! I'm actually doing pretty great too. So far I've only died to a solo invader once. God this game is glorious!

Congrats, now you discovered why people plays online and encourages others to do the same.

Yeah finally LOL

It's okay I just need to get less predictable. But it's daunting when my damage output is so low compared to yours on regular attacks, so you can afford taking more hits (by risking the parries) than I can.

That's why I don't like katanas, they rely a lot on blood to do decent damage output.

And that BKG is too stronk, even with the 4 hit nerf.

Hollycat

Actually, I'd imagine there's some pretty amazingly good players here. I'd love to fight a couple rounds and see if I actually have any skill or just pop in and watch. How do?

Password for those who want to join:

QUOTE TO SEE
GAFCLUB1

Actually, I'd imagine there's some pretty amazingly good players here. I'd love to fight a couple rounds and see if I actually have any skill or just pop in and watch. How do?
You might have to go the Relaxed's actual post to quote to see the password. We are at Pontiff Sulyvahm bonfire. Just put the password in, worldwide and place a red summon sign on the ground.

Top Bottom