• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

I really hate Nvidia now. Due to their incompetent drivers, I had to completely reinstall Windows 10. Don't go past 362, it's not worth the potential headache with freezes, under clocking, crashes, or in my case the inability to install/uninstall drivers. I had to use the driver cleaner program from guru3d in safe mode just to uninstall 364 drivers, and it still wouldn't let me install any Nvidia drivers period until I reinstalled Windows 10. This weird problem didn't happen until I installed 364.54.

I used to just rely on the "clean install" option when updating, but more decently I've also been using DDU before that.

The default theme destroys me eyes.

Yes.

Since the game is coming out tomorrow I created a new character. Behold Black Baby Jesus, Herald of NYC.

It's good to see that they finally upgraded the character facial models to PS3 standards. About time!

Zeroneo

I was planning on doing a Paladin build but after hearing those changes to magic I'll probably just go full melee :/

derwalde

The
dialogue you get
before respeccing sounded very specific about the max being 5 times per character, not per ng.

Of course, it's very possible I'm simply wrong!

I think peeve mentioned on his stream that it's per ng. But we will see :)

Can't wait, for ppl who have played this already, how are the katanas in the game? I also don't see the stat that would give you invincibility frames like is DS2, does it mean I'll have to use a shield? I really enjoyed playing DS2 like Bloodborne as in without shields

Katanas are good.

And you don't have to use a shield, is harder to play without one, but viable as well. You'll have a hard timing at the beggining, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Although, I would recommed a parry method of your choice, as with BB, parry is really useful in DS3, and makes roll-only way more viable.

Finalow

The
dialogue you get
before respeccing sounded very specific about the max being 5 times per character, not per ng.

Of course, it's very possible I'm simply wrong!
you're wrong, you can respec 5 times with each NG.

ultimately you can respec a lot, especially if you go want to reach NG++ for the rings.

aravuus

you're wrong, you can respec 5 times with each NG.

ultimately you can respec a lot, especially if you go want to reach NG++ for the rings.

Yeah? They're surprisingly generous with respeccing, then.

Not that I'm complaining, I definitely don't mind being able to try out a bunch of different builds with one character.

KPunk

After absolutely loving Blood Borne and never playing a Dark Souls title I cannot wait to play this game. Now I need to figure out PS4, XB1 or PC.

Nuszka

Wonder if the save file from Jap release on ps4 is compatible with the EU version of the game? Probably not, but worth checking out.

This game looks GREAT but decisions decisions, XBOX ONE or PS4..Im already buying Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 so figure its nice to mix and match just not sure..does this game include any bonuses for the PS4 that are not included for the X1

aravuus

This game looks GREAT but decisions decisions, XBOX ONE or PS4..Im already buying Ratchet and Clank for the PS4 so figure its nice to mix and match just not sure..does this game include any bonuses for the PS4 that are not included for the X1

PS4 version runs at a more stable framerate, I believe

If you want to count that as a bonus lol

bltn

DS3 on PS4 will likely have a bigger community and it runs better.

Tarkus

It would be silly IMO to buy a 900p game when you could have it at 1080p and better performing on your other system.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Still closed...
LjKTjon.gif

aravuus

Maybe his friends play on PC.

Nobody who plays on PC has friends

hmm the PC you can't summon and play with friends? PS4 I have PS+ however I have to enable another year just waiting for the right title. and XBLive I currently have.

They just meant that unless your friends are on PS4/Xbone and you want to play with them, no reason to go consoles. If your PC is at least fairly good, you're gonna have a much better experience on it.

tmarg

hmm the PC you can't summon and play with friends? PS4 I have PS+ however I have to enable another year just waiting for the right title. and XBLive I currently have.

You can. He's saying unless you have specific friends that you know will only be on a different platform.

Man, I will be disappointed if cdkeys doesn't send out the keys before release.
Guess it will still be a small price to pay compared to what I save, however. One more day or a little less of waiting is nothing compared to hearing about all these people who have been playing, or even beaten the game already, in the past 3 weeks.

Onemic

My body is ready. I've been trying to finish DS2 in the meantime before the DS3 releases, but I dont think I'll be able to do it. People werent lying when they said it was longer than DS1.

pa22word

My body is ready. I've been trying to finish DS2 in the meantime before the DS3 releases, but I dont think I'll be able to do it. People werent lying when they said it was longer than DS1.

I just barely crossed the finish line on DS2 yesterday and it took me 20 hours no dlc on like my 5th or 6th run of the game.

It's easily the longest game in the series, even with the skips Scholar let in.

Man, I will be disappointed if cdkeys doesn't send out the keys before release.
Guess it will still be a small price to pay compared to what I save, however. One more day or a little less of waiting is nothing compared to hearing about all these people who have been playing, or even beaten the game already, in the past 3 weeks.

Well you're not the only one waiting for his key :p
Also pre ordered from them, hope they will sent out the keys at least tomorrow morning.

Robot Pants

Good shit. I planned on making some custom Covers for the OT but my computer is still packed away and I'm getting the game tomorrow so....... Yea maybe next month haha

Enk

makes good threads.
Other than the first trailer and knowing some of the changes of the mechanics, I'm going into this pretty blind. Can't freaking wait for this!

Katanas are good.

And you don't have to use a shield, is harder to play without one, but viable as well. You'll have a hard timing at the beggining, but I enjoyed it a lot.

Although, I would recommed a parry method of your choice, as with BB, parry is really useful in DS3, and makes roll-only way more viable.

There are iframes, they're just not tied to any stat - like it has been in every other Soulsborne game but 2.

Yeah, it's kinda ridiculous. I'm still on 35x cause I'm too scared to update.

Katanas are good.

As for the second, some discussion on mechanics, which is a bit too specific to leave unspoilered in this new thread.

It's entirely possible i-frame still differ slightly with weight or roll type, but hasn't been mapped out and tested yet.

Thanks for the response guys, looking forward to it

So I beat
The two princes
but don't know what to do next, online says (end game spoilers)
Go talk to he firekeeper and pick an outcome but I don't even get that option
Any help?

Hey everyone, does anyone feel like offering a brief build-possibilities kind of thing? I've played the Souls game in the past, but I usually just go sword and shield or in the case of Bloodborne, saw cleaver and that starting gun. I want to try something new and cool, but I have no idea how to go about it.

Excited for Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom