• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

So questions about upgrading and infusing.

I have the fire gem and shards. I know infusing fire takes scaling away but can one still upgrade it via shards? Visa versa too, can you add fire gem to +1 and it stays +1?

I know you can remove the fire elemental with an item regaining scaling at least.

ramyeon

Ok I ran into a hilariously dumb boss in
Road of Sacrifices
and don't want to deal with ranged filth at the moment.... where is the boss of U
ndead Settlement
? I have 4 bonfires in the area
Go through the graveyard with the spears being thrown from above and into a small house (The one with the red eyed undead) - go up the stairs and out the side of the house and it'll take you into a large building where the boss is.

You can alternatively go through the sewers from one of the bonfires and instead of going straight ahead towards the Chapel where Siegward and the path the Road of Sacrifices was, turn left and go that way to the large building.
Yea I got the tongue but he disappeared from Firelink
Weird. I noticed sometimes he comes and goes but yeah, keep an eye out maybe?

I'm up to Road of Sacrifice and now there's a lady wearing cool armor in Firelink near the bonfire who doesn't want to talk to me but says something like may the moon grant you blessings or something similar. What stat do I need to talk with her, or is there something else I need to do?

Tiamant

Gonna try this again:

Has anyone been able to play co-op using passwords? I've been trying with some friends and the damn summoning sign refuses to appear. Are there some prerrequisites that have to be met ala Bloodborne?

ramyeon

Is there a reason why every time I go to the firelink shrine the entrances are blocked by a fog wall? I can't imagine that the game is attempting an invasion or something here... Is it just loading the area?
It only loads the inside of the Shrine at first to keep loading times down for levelling.

Go through the graveyard with the spears being thrown from above and into a small house (The one with the red eyed undead) - go up the stairs and out the side of the house and it'll take you into a large building where the boss is.

You can alternatively go through the sewers from one of the bonfires and instead of going straight ahead towards the Chapel where Siegward and the path the Road of Sacrifices was, turn left and go that way to the large building.
Cheers

I found the first route before but it seemed harder than the other way haha

Couple quick questions if someone would be so kind:

Okay, I'm probably gonna go either STR or Quality, Started Knight and already pumped Vigor to 20 for Health and STR and DEX to 16 and 13 to equip the Claymore.

1. Should I focus on Stamina next? Or should I try to up my weight at all so I can equip better armor and keep the Claymore?

2. Are Titanite shards infinite/buyable/farmable so that I don't have to worry about what I upgrade early on?

They are really aggressive, and require 100% attention at all times. They have really fucked me over a couple of times.

Yeah, if you let your guard down they can screw you over really quickly. Parrying and rolling into their attacks to get backstabs works well.

Blocking and circling around for the backstab isn't so effective because of their shield bash.

Tough hombres. I try to get in tight and do a kick to break their guard. Unfortunately the Kick command is a bit touchy and I sometimes just R1, but when it works, you can get in good damage.
Yea I've learned trying to backstab him ain't it. Think I'mma stick to weakening with my pyro magic then going for the kill with ax.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So when should I expect to change my knight gear? NG? 'Cause I'm roaming around Swamp of Sorrows now still full knight gear. Kinda sucks not having gear upgrade besides weapons.

ramyeon

Cheers

I found the first route before but it seemed harder than the other way haha
First route is quicker and easier if you befriend the Giant who's throwing the Spears so that he only targets enemies.
Except it lingers for several minutes. I usually have to warp to the bonfire outside if I want to go out
It's definitely never been like that for me for several minutes. Like under 30 seconds usually. PS4.

Maxim726X

Fellow Soulsians-

I just beat the second boss and some dude is sitting in one of the chairs at my home base. Who is he, and how did he get there?

ramyeon

So when should I expect to change my knight gear? NG? 'Cause I'm roaming around Swamp of Sorrows now still full knight gear. Kinda sucks not having gear upgrade besides weapons.
Disagree. Not having armour upgrades is fantastic and has led to me mixing and matching armour for different purposes more than ever. Now if I'm facing a boss with magic attacks I can slip into some Sorcerer's Robes without having to worry about it not being up to scratch since it scales.

ramyeon

Fellow Soulsians-

I just beat the second boss and some dude is sitting in one of the chairs at my home base. Who is he, and how did he get there?
He's there from the start - you probably just didn't see him.

He will transpose equipment and magic from Boss Souls if you find a kiln for him.

Tenebrous

Is it possible to get another (crafting reagent but spoiler tagging anyway)
Refined Gem? I used the one I got at the start from the blue caped fella outside the castle, and then swapped it for a Fire enchant... Now I wanna swap back!

Anyone have an idea? Sorry to quote my own post, but there's a lot of damage potential I'm missing out on.

K' Dash

What level are you and what class? Because i had no trouble with him whatsoever. Actually beat him first try (not trying to brag) and thought hè was really easy.

I'm playing as a knight Btw, love being sturdy.

I always play Knight in DS. I got him in my second try, before that I helped some people defeat it to get the hang of it.

The fucker was so intimidating I just wanted to get that done, same happened to me with the Gaping Dragon in DS, it was a very easy fight, but the thing terrified me.

Just glad I killed it.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
8CB744A265955AACBB9E82367B6E8269641BA5C7

The auto hide HUD is such a great feature. Makes taking spur of the moment SS so much easier.

ramyeon

Are there any gifts that a more rare than others? Is there any of them that truly matter or ate they all just minor help?
They're all pretty disposable. The Fire Gem is probably the best to grab if you're not a Pyromancer. I went for the Life Ring and it's pretty useless.

Potentially silly question for those that have beaten the game already:

So I've just beaten Farron's Abyss Walkers and have acquired the Soul of the Blood of the Wolf. When I return to Firelink and examine the throne for the Abyss Walkers, I see that I can "Offer Cinders of a Lord." That's not going to consume the boss soul, is it?

If not, what's the general consensus on the Wolf Knight's Greatsword vs. Farron's Greatsword? Are either any good? I'm a quality build so far if that matters, but I can definitely go more towards Strength.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Potentially silly question for those that have beaten the game already:

So I've just beaten Farron's Abyss Walkers and have acquired the Soul of the Blood of the Wolf. When I return to Firelink and examine the throne for the Abyss Walkers, I see that I can "Offer Cinders of a Lord." That's not going to consume the boss soul, is it?

If not, what's the general consensus on the Wolf Knight's Greatsword vs. Farron's Greatsword? Are either any good? I'm a quality build so far if that matters, but I can definitely go more towards Strength.

No, it won't consume the soul.

Not sure on the weapons though.

Should I be doing
Farron Keep
or
Cathedral of the Deep
first? Earlyish game location spoilers.

I would do
Cathedral
first.

deoee

Where is Character
Siegward after I have killed the Fire Demon?

Internets tells me some things about a well, but there isn't anyone. Already met Patches and killed the fancy Boss with the mass spawns of guys and the red orb flying between them (forgot the name :/)

Thank you for any help guys :)

V-Faction

!

Just wanted to pop in and say... Gosh, I am dying a lot early on here. More so than any other Souls game. Such is the price of playing a squishy character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom