• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoundLad

Had some fun with the
crystal lizard
in the starting zone:

Went into the area totally unprepared but had explored rest of the area quite well.

Crystal lizard rolls into me and I'm down to 40% HP and just holy shit I had to run since no estus flasks left.

Running away from the lizard I thought that it wouldn't follow me through the narrow path leading into his area....WRONG...that thing didn't have a problem following me at all!

I just started legging it to the bonfire hoping that I would reach it before meeting my impending death.

I'm at the vista with the narrow ledge and the lizard is around 20 meters behind me and starts charging his roll attack...

Rolls straight off the cliff that motherfucker did

And I got the titanite piece

This game is 10/10
xZ2sEbd.gif

ramyeon

What does this thing do? Am I permanently cursed?
You will Hollow upon each death - it's a stat you can see in your status screen. You can get another level for free from Yoel when you reach 2, 6, 12 and 16 Hollowing. Your character will also visually change - something will happen when you get 5 levels from him.

It can be temporary or permanently cured but the latter is expensive and locks you out of a quest.
So it's like a one a time thing?
Nope, you can respec up to 5 times I think, the NPC that does it for you is just hidden well.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
*sigh* I regret making my character a deprived. I hate clubs but I prefer the no stats.
Sucks they stick you with the crappiest weapon type. Can't seem to find any new weapons before the first boss.
Blah. Might just start over.

Skii

I just beat the Katana guy in the starting area. Decided to give the two handed stances a go and it worked really well because of the range each attack had. Now I've got the Uchigatana! Not going to use it though because I completed by DS1 run with it.

But I think that's it for DS3 until June. Have exams to worry about but man this game is already feeling like the true successor to Dark Souls :D

twisteh

I fucking love this game. Just beat
the huge ass tree thing
but forcing myself to bed sadly.

The level design in
Undead Settlement
is some of the best Souls ever. So cleverly designed in that you feel so lost and overwhelmed at the start but once you find all the shortcuts (especially the one just before the boss) it all comes together and you understand how it all fits. Brilliant, just brilliant.

*sigh* I regret making my character a deprived. I hate clubs but I prefer the no stats. Sucks they stick you with the crappiest weapon type. Can't seem to find any new weapons before the first boss. Blah.

Deprived does have a really rough start. I actually got lucky and got the long sword to drop after I left Firelink. Funnily enough, one of the tutorial enemies near the boss dropped a sacred chime for me.

ramyeon

Anyone know how to get the Full Red Eye Orb?
You need to get the Cracked Eye Orbs from Leonhard. Get a Pale Tongue - if you don't want to PVP for it then there's one in the Undead Settlement, on a hanging corpse in the area where you fight the big fire demon with Siegward. Bring the Tongue to Leonhard and he'll give you a key which will take you where you need to go.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Trying again one more time.

On PS4, cannot connect to the servers, at all. Tried deleting and re-installing the patch, then deleting and re-installing the game, and finally deleting the digital version and using a disc.

No luck, not once have I been able to connect.

Is there anyone else suffering from this issue?

LogicStep

You will Hollow upon each death - it's a stat you can see in your status screen. You can get another level for free from Yoel when you reach 2, 6, 12 and 16 Hollowing. Your character will also visually change - something will happen when you get 5 levels from him.

It can be temporary or permanently cured but the latter is expensive and locks you out of a quest.

Nope, you can respec up to 5 times I think, the NPC that does it for you is just hidden well.
Thanks!

Was I supposed to fight a boss in the U
ndead Settlement?
I've just been exploring and I just got to the Halfway point on the
Road of Sacrifices

I'm sure there's something there because its a huge area but hopefully I'm not taking a dumb path lol. (Though I'd imagine the game wouldn't let me progress if there was an issue)

K' Dash

I just want to say FUCK YOU TREEE, FUCK FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, DO YOU LIKE MY SWORD IN YOUR FUCKING ASS? DO YOU?

Man I swear I don't remember a boss that I thought "I won't be able to fucking do this alone", I summoned a couple people who died almost instantly (The fuck?) and killed the fucker alone.

This game, this fucking game.

ndead Settlement?
Road of Sacrifices

I'm sure there's something there because its a huge area but hopefully I'm not taking a dumb path lol. (Though I'd imagine the game wouldn't let me progress if there was an issue)

Yes, you're in for a good time.

epmode

When buying something at a vendor, is there any way to see if you already own a particular weapon or armor piece? Consumable items show how many you have in stock but the same thing doesn't seem to apply for weapons. Do you really have to exit the vendor dialogue and check your inventory manually?

Brohan

ndead Settlement?
Road of Sacrifices

I guess the boss in the Undead settlement can be skipped. I too found the road of sacrifices before finding everything in the undead settlement but I decided to go back and check everything out before heading to another area.

eyesradar

When buying something at a vendor, is there any way to see if you already own a particular weapon or armor piece? Consumable items show how many you have in stock but the same thing doesn't seem to apply for weapons. Do you really have to exit the vendor dialogue and check your inventory manually?

Unfortunately it seems like that...stupid stupid

ramyeon

I guess the boss in the Undead settlement can be skipped. I too found the road of sacrifices before finding everything in the undead settlement but I decided to go back and check everything out before heading to another area.
Yeah it doesn't seem compulsory, but you need to kill it to get
the Transposing Kiln.

Why is this just regular Lothric Knight enemy ruining my world?

Like I am apparently too fucking stupid to beat it in a fight 7 out of the 9 times I've fought him. Stop bullying me! ;___;

Tenebrous

Is it possible to get another (crafting reagent but spoiler tagging anyway)
Refined Gem? I used the one I got at the start from the blue caped fella outside the castle, and then swapped it for a Fire enchant... Now I wanna swap back!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death

Like I am apparently too fucking stupid to beat it in a fight 7 out of the 9 times I've fought him. Stop bullying me! ;___;

They are really aggressive, and require 100% attention at all times. They have really fucked me over a couple of times.

Brohan

I just want to say FUCK YOU TREEE, FUCK FUCK YOU, FUCK YOU, DO YOU LIKE MY SWORD IN YOUR FUCKING ASS? DO YOU?

Man I swear I don't remember a boss that I thought "I won't be able to fucking do this alone", I summoned a couple people who died almost instantly (The fuck?) and killed the fucker alone.

This game, this fucking game.

What level are you and what class? Because i had no trouble with him whatsoever. Actually beat him first try (not trying to brag) and thought hè was really easy.

I'm playing as a knight Btw, love being sturdy.

ramyeon

They are really aggressive, and require 100% attention at all times. They have really fucked me over a couple of times.
Yeah, if you let your guard down they can screw you over really quickly. Parrying and rolling into their attacks to get backstabs works well.

Blocking and circling around for the backstab isn't so effective because of their shield bash.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
There are heaps of weapons available after the tutorial boss.
That doesn't help if I suck with a club. I'm just sad I can't use any weapon type but the one I'll never ever use throughout the rest the game against the first boss.

Hypron

That doesn't help if I suck with a club. I'm just sad I can't use any weapon type but the one I'll never ever use throughout the rest the game against the first boss.

It's just the first boss man, that's like 2% of the full game haha, just suffer through it with the club, it's plenty enough for that guy :p

Trying again one more time.

On PS4, cannot connect to the servers, at all. Tried deleting and re-installing the patch, then deleting and re-installing the game, and finally deleting the digital version and using a disc.

No luck, not once have I been able to connect.

Is there anyone else suffering from this issue?

I had that with bloodborne once. Turning the ps4 fully off and on again fixed it.

Ok I ran into a hilariously dumb boss in
Road of Sacrifices
and don't want to deal with ranged filth at the moment.... where is the boss of U
ndead Settlement
? I have 4 bonfires in the area

Get'sMad

alright got the NA version and been playing this afternoon and am doing some invasions...getting more 2 v 1s than all the dang 3 v 1 or mores I got in Japanese version but I still haven't gotten a 1 v 1 one yet...sigh.

You need to get the Cracked Eye Orbs from Leonhard. Get a Pale Tongue - if you don't want to PVP for it then there's one in the Undead Settlement, on a hanging corpse in the area where you fight the big fire demon with Siegward. Bring the Tongue to Leonhard and he'll give you a key which will take you where you need to go.

Yea I got the tongue but he disappeared from Firelink

Tough hombres. I try to get in tight and do a kick to break their guard. Unfortunately the Kick command is a bit touchy and I sometimes just R1, but when it works, you can get in good damage.

Tevious

Is there a reason why every time I go to the firelink shrine the entrances are blocked by a fog wall? I can't imagine that the game is attempting an invasion or something here... Is it just loading the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom