• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Reposting again because I'm really frustrated.

I cannot connect to the fucking server and it's driving me crazy. I even tried deleting and re-installing the game, and the updates, as well as getting rid of my digital version and using a disc but nothing is working.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: On PS4

Meia

This fucking shadow tearing or whatever it is making the game unplayable for me.

After getting to the first area, if you hit the sun a certain way with the camera, or shadows or whatever, large parts of the screen get completely blacked out, almost in a corridor fashion. Lighting is down to the lowest setting and it's not helping matters any. :\

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
In the top of the Shrine, up in the rafters.

You can get there by jumping up onto the roof using the tree outside the locked Tower gate.

I have done this and gotten the ring, is there any point buying the key?

Ogawa-san

Will I ever get rid of giant heat-seeking ballista bolts?
The onion knight NPC said something about "talking some sense" into whoever was shooting if he could get up there, but I probably failed that quest. Not sure if it'd do anything.
It killed that giant worm near Old Demon King for me while I hid though
, but it's still annoying.

wamberz1

Thinking about rerolling as a bow build. Magic seemed interesting at first until I looked up the wiki and it seems almost every staff in the game has the same skill.

anyone know how viable bow builds are in this?

Aurongel

Spoilers for the third boss:
Abyss Watchers

Holy shit! What an amazingly unique fight, no game in the series has communicated lore quite like that before. Super fun fight too, died my first time and spent like 2 hours co-op assisting others with the fight. It's super great.

Now I'm in
Carthus Catacombs and MANNNNN does this place suck. Respawning skeletons with shield-piercing weapons in a cavern that looks like a lame chalice dungeon.

I'm having DS2 flashbacks with how crappy this area is, it's such a hilarious downgrade in quality from the boss that preceded it.

LogicStep

Just want to be sure. Respec is a thing this time around right? I want to try sorcery which I haven't used in previous games. But if I don't like it I hope I can switch my stats around.

BizzyBum

Just started on PS4, so far the graphics and FPS are...a tad rough.

Damn, really? I thought the PS4 would be pretty close to PC.

I'm playing on PC and I did not expect the graphics to be this good. They are exceptional, and the lighting is superb. Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the yellow filter outside. I'm also playing on 1440p max, so that might have something to do with it. Looks much better than Bloodborne, IMO.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Reposting again because I'm really frustrated.

I cannot connect to the fucking server and it's driving me crazy. I even tried deleting and re-installing the game, and the updates, as well as getting rid of my digital version and using a disc but nothing is working.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: On PS4

Anybody? :(

Ogawa-san

Now I'm in
Carthus Catacombs and MANNNNN does this place suck. Respawning skeletons with shield-piercing weapons in a cavern that looks like a lame chalice dungeon.
They only respawn once, though. Don't even need a weapon with holy damage to kill them permanently this time around.

Just got home, downloaded the 1.3 patch, and when I start the game, the hard drive disc just keeps writing over and over and the game won't actually start...is this normal?

Edit: restarted PS4 and it works I suppose. Guess the install is just that heavy or something. Still going on in the background. Sounds scary as fuck lol

Corpekata

Banned
Question regarding the Boss Souls Kiln

When I got it there were a couple items for Soul of a Demon. Usually in the series it only shows stuff for bosses you've killed already, and I know I didn't use a Soul of Demon randomly or something. The only Demon I fought was the one in Undead Settlement with the Onion Knight and it seemed to only drop a Fire Gem. Is there something I'm missing?

Zocano

Question regarding the Boss Souls Kiln

When I got it there were a couple items for Soul of a Demon. Usually in the series it only shows stuff for bosses you've killed already, and I know I didn't use a Soul of Demon randomly or something. The only Demon I fought was the one in Undead Settlement with the Onion Knight and it seemed to only drop a Fire Gem. Is there something I'm missing?

It shows up prematurely for reasons???? Don't worry about it.

BizzyBum

Is it possible to be invaded in this game at any time or in a certain area or you have to opt in by summoning a helper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom