• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple quick questions if someone would be so kind:

Okay, I'm probably gonna go either STR or Quality, Started Knight and already pumped Vigor to 20 for Health and STR and DEX to 16 and 13 to equip the Claymore.

1. Should I focus on Stamina next? Or should I try to up my weight at all so I can equip better armor and keep the Claymore?

2. Are Titanite shards infinite/buyable/farmable so that I don't have to worry about what I upgrade early on?

Anyone?

ramyeon

Honestly with stats I always like to tell people: do what you want. Put stats into the areas you feel you need them in. You can respec and unless you're min maxing for PVP it doesn't matter.

Titanite Shards are farmable yeah. You'll be swimming in them.

Soulflarz

Banned
Potentially silly question for those that have beaten the game already:

So I've just beaten Farron's Abyss Walkers and have acquired the Soul of the Blood of the Wolf. When I return to Firelink and examine the throne for the Abyss Walkers, I see that I can "Offer Cinders of a Lord." That's not going to consume the boss soul, is it?

If not, what's the general consensus on the Wolf Knight's Greatsword vs. Farron's Greatsword? Are either any good? I'm a quality build so far if that matters, but I can definitely go more towards Strength.

I'm team WKG cause it's Artorias' Sword reskinned

many people are for FG because it has some crazy spins and huge damage. I think FG is probably better, I don't like Ultra GS though, so...

I ran into that giant crystal creature in the first area and I ran like a bitch, but it followed me and I ran all the way back to the bonfire and the damn thing jumped at me and fell off the cliff, I hope it didn't have anything I was suppose to pillage from it.

On the bright side, I did get like 4k souls from it.

Lulubop

In the next area, I just got it so I'll spoiler some details
In the swamp there's a giant ladder that goes all the way up the wall of lothric, there you'll find a big ass enemy, he has several items strewn around, the great axe is one of them.

cathedral of the deep
? Ah I think I went the other way.

wrongway

Lol fucking god dammit. I'm working my way through the second area, right. I'm in that area where you climb down through some stuff. I'm fighting some guys on a ledge, and I kill one then move to dodge the other's attack. Except even though I have auto-lock turned off, the camera decided it really didn't like where I was aiming, so it pulled a sudden 90° turn after I killed the guy I was locked onto. The sudden camera tweak happened right as I pressed the dodge button, so I immediately rolled off the ledge and plummeted to my death.

This immediately after Steam hiccuped and booted me out of the game one room away from recovering my souls.

Fuckin' Dark Souls'd. :<

Haha not sure if I'm playing this game right. Not even to the first real boss after Fire Link but I'm at the High Wall. Every time I get far where I have no more estus and a good amount of souls I just go back to the bonfire to go to Fire Link and level up. I was probably going to die eventually so why not level up and save some time

Chorazin

I ran into that giant crystal creature in the first area and I ran like a bitch, but it followed me and I ran all the way back to the bonfire and the damn thing jumped at me and fell off the cliff, I hope it didn't have anything I was suppose to pillage from it.

IIRC I got a Titanite Chunk from it, nothing all that exciting.

Aeana

Quit the game and start it up again, the loot that it dropped should be somewhere nearby. This works with all enemies that die by falling into the ether.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Second boss down. One shotted
Vordt.

Those damn Knights are harder for me than the bosses so far.

Oh man. So good. SO GOOD.

Started deprived. Knock out the first boss like he's nothing. Feeling good. See
little man on stairs. COME AT ME BRO!... Whips out Katana, 1/2 slices and I'm dead as hell. Loving it.

Astral

What the fuck I boot up the game and I'm greeted with this amazing title screen music. Goddamn I love this game already.

NightOnyx

I have so much else to play, so I was going to put this off, but the hype is too much. I think I'm going to go ahead and buy this now. Sorry backlog.

Maybesew

So I have finally got started. Feel free to respond in spoiler tags, but the only reading on the game that I have done is the ign article that mentioned getting the key from tbe fire link vendor asap. Are their weapons in the tower or just other kinds of items?

brinstar

This game is really awesome so far and I'm sad I have to sleep for work in the morning because I could easily see myself going all night on this.

finalflame

Alright guys, couple of questions:

1. Where's the White Sign Soapstone?
2. Where's the sunbro covenant?

Need to get some jolly co-op going ASAP. I haven't found any covenant but the Way of the Blue.

ramyeon

Alright guys, couple of questions:

1. Where's the White Sign Soapstone?
2. Where's the sunbro covenant?

Need to get some jolly co-op going ASAP. I haven't found any covenant but the Way of the Blue.
1. Buy from the Shrine Handmaiden vendor in Firelink.
In the Undead Settlement. You need to fall down a hole in the floor in the first hut full of those cage enemies with all the limbs hanging out of them.

jjonez18

Umahgod so slooooow. Nothing like Bloodborne. Much less forgiving too. Already died multiple times to, what I assume, are grunt enemies. Thought the learning curve would be almost nonexistant between the two games. Oh well. I'm starting to get my feet under me.

IIRC I got a Titanite Chunk from it, nothing all that exciting.

Quit the game and start it up again, the loot that it dropped should be somewhere nearby. This works with all enemies that die by falling into the ether.

Titanite Scale, not Chunk. Probably don't wanna miss it.

Thanks for the help guys and if the item isn't somewhere near where it died, I can always start over again, I only beat the first boss, so I'm not very far.

vilmer_

The Tree boss is absolutely annihilating people. This 1.03 (or 1.02 patch, not sure at this point) has been laughing at those 'preview-please-be-easy-on-reviewers' builds from a month ago.

Korosenai

This is starting to piss me off, it won't let me summon a single fucking person.

Unable to summon phantom Unable to summon phantom Unable to summon phantom

Oh hey, 30 tries in and I found someone... *phantom returns home*. Fuck.

finalflame

1. Buy from the Shrine Handmaiden vendor in Firelink.
In the Undead Settlement. You need to fall down a hole in the floor in the first hut full of those cage enemies with all the limbs hanging out of them.

Thanks -- that answers it all. And I was just thinking to check the merchant, even though it was never "bought" in other Souls games.

Maddrical

Discovering that
red eyed knights
have made their triumphant return was the biggest adrenaline rush I've had playing a game since Bloodborne. I screwed up the backstab of the one near the second boss first and as he turned around I couldn't believe my eyes. Thank you From.

Get'sMad

The Tree boss is absolutely annihilating people. This 1.03 (or 1.02 patch, not sure at this point) has been laughing at those 'preview-please-be-easy-on-reviewers' builds from a month ago.

yeah he was definitely easier when I fought him on the early versions of the Japanese game....still I found him to be pretty easy in this current patch too but thats just me. I'm sunbroin around there right now and getting summoned pretty much instantly.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really liking the claymore now that I got my stats up to be able to use it.

K' Dash

Girlfriend is using the big TV and just told me her sister is satayin tonight, I don't think I'll be able to play much today or tomorrow... Sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom