• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
sounds like everyone is already so far :( i just killed
a big tree
and now i have to stop. hope I catch up to you all soon!

Timeaisis

Any reason for the fog barrier at Firelink Shrine after dying?

It's for loading. the outside area If they loaded the outside before the inside, it would take longer to load the travel to the firelink.

Wow...That's some pretty fucking elaborate architecture and level design for a first area.

This is game is gonna be crazy huh?!

I spent like 6 hours straight in the second area today, if that tells you anything lol.

Cob32

Just beat it!
final boss took me about 10 tries. His first form was really wrecking my shit. Second much easier by just baiting his lunge attack and dodge single attack countering. I knew if I could get to the second form with enough estus remaining, I'd get him.

I honestly don't get the hate for Farron Keep.
It's how you do a poison swamp right, lots of treasures and secrets, cool enemies (love the goat dudes) and when I went up the ladder and explored I was blown away.

One of my favourite levels in the game.

Any fellow invader bros here?

Always interested in ideas for new builds to try, loving low level PvP, really getting to grips with 2v1 fights. I get that "fair" fights won't happen often so I had to Git Gud but shout-out to the host in Undead Settlement.

I had an excellent duel VS his white phantom in the room with the pile of bodies in the corner while he sat and watched from the stairs. I won the duel and was so grateful I waved goodbye and black crystal quit.

Kalentan

So question, is password matchmaking working? Cause my friend, who is level 11 and I'm 21 (assuming this game kept the, within 10 levels range), and he can't see my sign.

Wait, is there no hollowing?

Peterthumpa

So GAF, what looks better? Bloodborne or Dark Souls III? Technically speaking, is DSIII improved somehow?

Also, what's the better game?

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
So quick question for people who would know, it regards a pretty cool NPC
everyone's favorite Knight from Catatrina. He's in the well and I have no idea where his armor is?

I'm loving this game so far, and I actually love slowing it back down after Bloodborne. I have to really pace myself and can't rush most groups of enemies like you could in BB

Guys? I'm sitting here on character creation waiting >_>

Yo so is there an important day 1 patch or anything for PS4?

Just bought it but don't have internet until next Tuesday. Can take my PS4 to my parents to download if needed.

Also I heard magic isn't great in this, but how's pyromancy in particular? I've always gone with a full strength build so I want to mix it up. Thinking dex + pyro.

Get'sMad

torch really has little use in this, save for the whole use to
burn off those things that get leeches on you
, but I'm finding it slightly more useful in some spots so far because I realized I didn't properly adjust the game's brightness when I played through the Japanese version.

Herbs

Banned
It's for loading. the outside area If they loaded the outside before the inside, it would take longer to load the travel to the firelink.

Thanks! Figured as much but was curious.

None that I found. Annoying, but I eventually killed katana man.

Pretty obvious what's been happening to me huh? lol
I had him down to one more hit and he parried me and then hit the riposte. he's an asshole

Started playing today, lawd it's good. The music is incredible, art direction incredible, first boss was legit (though I'm definitely improved at Souls games since I took him out in my first try, but it was a fun fight). Everything is so good. Nothing like breaking in the first area of a new souls game. High Wall of Lothric is so much better than Forest of Fallen Giants lmao.

It'll be interesting to compare this to Bloodborne as I go through it. So far it's just as quality, although I doubt I'll be as in to the story since I never fully got in to the fantasy mumbo jumbo of the Souls stories as much.

psychotron

Thanks! Figured as much but was curious.

Pretty obvious what's been happening to me huh? lol
I had him down to one more hit and he parried me and then hit the riposte. he's an asshole

He was crazy strong and fast, so I
had him chase me back to the shrine entrance. He'll attack once in the doorway, then will take about six steps back. You can bash his face freely during this time, then retreat back to the doorway. Easy kill.

Vire

Holy shit I spent way too much time exploring lol. This game is going to take me forever. Just got to the second boss...

This game is rich with so many secrets! It's amazing.

the way I mash in this game, I almost never two hand even when I'm mostly dodging. Swings take up too much stamina when I'm using both hands, b.

Luckily, my damage is pretty damn strong with the Heavy infused Long sword +5 around the halfway mark.

105.Will

I have really warmed up to it, there was another Greatsword with a thrust R2 instead of a wide swing, which might have had its benefits, but the damage is worse overall, so I've stuck with the standard Greatsword, it's making things pretty easy, I've heard tales of the
Fume Ultra Greastsword
being ridiculous, although I'm yet to obtain it, so at this point, I'd back the standard Greatsword, especially if you just got it.

Yeah i upgraded it some more and it's starting to really put out some damage.

Does anyone know how to use the Heavy gem? It's not showing up as an option.

So far I'm really loving it. I played for about 6 hours today and feel like I'm flying through this game with no problem. I just arrived in the BEAUTIFUL
Boreal snow area
and have dies no more than 5 times on a boss. Am I very far, or have I barely scratched the surface?

jett

D-Member
You lose so much health when you block anything. It wasn't like this in Demon's and DS1, right? I didn't play DS2.

And why are the close up textures on my character so dang ugly.

TopDreg

Killed
tree
today on 2nd try with a broadsword and a sliver of life left. Used 6 estus flasks and an ember mid-battle. Heart was racing. I'm on board with tree!

Is this mud or blood getting all over my character? Looks brown.

Enemies don't bleed red for the most part, which leads me to believe it's blood. But I'm not sure how I get some of the splatter on my character... There are times where it's a strip or patch, which makes it seem like it was received from a hit.
You lose so much health when you block anything. It wasn't like this in Demon's and DS1, right? I didn't play DS2.

Damage negated depends on the shield. Every one has a different negation % for the different damage types, with anything less than 100% bleeding through to health.
Edit: And as Benzychenz says, it's been like this in every game.

hughesta

Banned
just made it to the C
atacombs.
Jesus christ I hate these
skeleton warriors that turn invisible and have massive swords.

Game is incredible, any wanna ETA my percent through the game?

Shields have stats. You may be using a shield with like 100% fire defense but 40% physical defense.
Been like that since Demon's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom