• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Enemies don't bleed red for the most part, which leads me to believe it's blood. But I'm not sure how I get some of the splatter on my character... There are times where it's a strip or patch, which makes it seem like it was received from a hit.

Damage negated depends on the shield. Every one has a different negation % for the different damage types, with anything less than 100% bleeding through to health.

what happened to the good ol' days when you mostly lost stamina when you blocked

FFMafia

Can't play past first boss since game is still installing :( can I put the console on rest mode and it will download faster or do I have to sit here on the main screen of the game where the installation progress is displayed?

NIGHT-

VF3X2Sk.jpg

This made me smile

Please equip your Way of the Blue covenant symbols if your not directly PvPing so people in the Sentinels and Blades can have a chance to earn their covenant items.

arggh finally have some more free time to start playing again, and I also have enought titan shards and gems to upgrade my weapon and kick some ass, but I am starting to get really sick. Fever, headache body aches, etc. It's not the same playing when you are sick :(

Oh man. Befriending the giant that
shoots arrows in the undead settlement
is so great. You're like a tag team against the mob of enemies.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So those druids in the swamp are probably the greatest yet most annoying design ever. They fuck me up so bad as a knight. I'm using hollow great sword and it does wonders to enemies, need to find titan plates though.

UberLevi

Finally made it to the D
eacons of the Deep
bossfight and all I can say is wow, really haunting stuff. Nice change of pace from the usual encounters. Got my ass handed to me mid-way through the first attempt, going back now that I know what I'm doing.

Oh man. Befriending the giant that
shoots arrows in the undead settlement
is so great. You're like a tag team against the mob of enemies.

the best thing is how it carries over throughout the first half of the game. Every time you find a white tree like that, you can stand by it and watch your friend nail them with giant arrows from nowhere.

Soulflarz

Banned
the best thing is how it carries over throughout the first half of the game. Every time you find a white tree like that, you can stand by it and watch your friend nail them with giant arrows from nowhere.

Yep! This is actually really useful in certain area

If the enemy is large, do this :p

Kamina

Golden Boy
Please equip your Way of the Blue covenant symbols if your not directly PvPing so people in the Sentinels and Blades can have a chance to earn their covenant items.
Doing just that, but the blue sentinels in my region were not active in the crusufucation woods at all yesterday. (PC)
On PS4 the game even summuned two to help me on Monday.

Just reached the first major area after only being able to put a small amount of time in last night and it's definitely a massive step up from DS2 even at this point. The fast travel thing already is a serious stain on its quality for me though as I would've loved to advance from the starting area into the beautiful castle facade instead of warping without any sense of place or direction. Now I'm left with 'yea I would've been able to do that in DS1' everytime I see it.

As a quality build, does it make more sense to upgrade my Claymore as regular, fire, or raw?

Also, which would be better for me between the broadsword and the Lothric Knight Sword?

Apologies if this has been covered, but is there a bug with weapon degradation? Every time I warp back to the Firelink Shrine my weapons are back to full durability... Blacksmith is there to fix stuff so this surely can't be right

My main weapon was at risk, warped back and it was maxed. Went to the Blacksmith and none of my stuff was selectable in the repair menu

Soulflarz

Banned
Apologies if this has been covered, but is there a bug with weapon degradation? Every time I warp back to the Firelink Shrine my weapons are back to full durability... Blacksmith is there to fix stuff so this surely can't be right

My main weapon was at risk, warped back and it was maxed. Went to the Blacksmith and none of my stuff was selectable in the repair menu

Maybe it only applies when stuff fully breaks? I'm assuming the full repair at a bonfire is fully intentional...

TentPole

Bonfires replenish durability. You only need the blacksmith if they actually break before replenishing at a bonfire.

Definitely intentional; DS2 used the same system.

Maybe it only applies when stuff fully breaks? I'm assuming the full repair at a bonfire is fully intentional...
I mean if that's the case it's awesome, but that's an oddly forgiving change compared to previous games

EDIT: Huh. Alright. I've never had a problem with weapons full on breaking before but I generally would repair once they drop to half. Weapon degradation is one of my least favorite things in games so hey! Cool!

dmr87

Wipefest at A
byss
W
atchers
, would be so easy to co-op but I'm not doing that. Had one attempt where I wiped at 10% in phase 2 so I'll nail it sooner or later. I hope there's no phase 3.

Time to sleep.

wrongway

First real area in the bag. That boss really goes, lol.

Loot question -- near the aforementioned boss's room, up by the big doors, does that duder with the red eyes drop anything neat?

UberLevi

Would using a Refined attunement on a Lothric Sword be a worthwhile investment if I'm interested in straight swords and using a quality build? Currently using a Fire Longsword +3 and it's served me pretty well up to this point, but might switch it up soon.

They really need to fix the frame pacing.

I mean, it's the only thing left to make it perfect. And it is quiet easy to do it.

From Software, please, do it.

*sigh* I regret making my character a deprived. I hate clubs but I prefer the no stats.
Sucks they stick you with the crappiest weapon type. Can't seem to find any new weapons before the first boss.
Blah. Might just start over.

I tried Deprived first and got my ass handed to me by the tutorial boss over and over for an hour. Gave up and went Herald...fuck it!

Damn I'm such a scrub at this game. Haven't really played a souls game this much since Demon's Souls on PS3.

Want to keep playing so bad, but my body will hate me in the morning if I don't get sleep.

Griss

Another two hours of good progress. Really enjoying it. Still on my twinblades, should really try out some of the others.

I have to say that the performance is just awful, though. Slowdown is extreme at times. I feel like Bloodborne ran way, way better than this. As someone who doesn't really notice the difference between 30fps and 60, but always notices extended dips from a fixed frame rate, I wish they had just set it at 30fps or 40 or wherever it would have been stable.

The culprit always seems to be fog or fire or any visual effect that uses transparency / alpha. It's a real shame. The most obvious place so far is the run to the second boss, Vordt, Boreal something or other.

AmyS

Getting wrecked by Iudex, but I am trying! Got him to second form. New to Dark Souls, but enjoying the challenge.

I just got past him 10 min ago, He's tough for us that aren't good yet at Souls games but he's easier than Bloodborne's first boss (what a beast that was!).

I'm really loving the environments in DS III, more than Bloodborne, and I like that game a lot, but the color in DSIII is amazing and the lighting just accentuates it even more.

Anno

That first proper knight you run across in the second area is such a beast. Dude is a great sparring partner to learn a bunch about good combat.

This
tree boss
, oh man.
It's super easy to get him down to 50% health, but after that...

Incredible boss design though, I love it.

MilkBeard

The tutorial was easy but I definitely reached that point in Lothric where I'm like, 'Oh shit, this is Souls.'

Being Deprived really makes this part more challenging. That damned knight is a beast. Still running around nearly naked and with a shitty club.

Afrodium

Banned
This game is so good. I honestly wasn't feeling hyped for this game given that we've had pretty much a game a year for the past few years and I just played the Bloodborne DLC a few months ago and I'm just starting a new job so priorities are in other places at the moment, but then I booted up this game and remembered that SOULS GAMES ARE FANTASTIC. I'm only in Undead Settlement and the level design has me blown away. This game is incredible so far.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Does anyone know if all
black knights
drop all
armor pieces
or does it depend on which one you run into?

nikos

I feel like I'm off to an awful start.

Lost all of my souls to some asshole NPC after the first boss. I'm at High Wall of Lothric and still have not leveled up. I'm losing a lot more than I did in Bloodborne. I found that game to be really accessible, and didn't get frustrated when I died, but that's not the case here.

I think I'm just too tired to play right now.

ramyeon

Is this mud or blood getting all over my character? Looks brown.
I'm inclined to say it's ash. Makes snese thematically and the colour is too obviously not blood.
I mean if that's the case it's awesome, but that's an oddly forgiving change compared to previous games

EDIT: Huh. Alright. I've never had a problem with weapons full on breaking before but I generally would repair once they drop to half. Weapon degradation is one of my least favorite things in games so hey! Cool!
It's definitely intentional. Worked that way in DS2 as well and the Blacksmith even mentions it in one of his dialogues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom