• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellix

Starting long sword may have ruined the game for me. It is too OP, especially now it is reinforced and infused with fire. It has a versatile moveset, low endurance cost, and great damage. I am destroying everyone in PvP and everything in PvE. All the weapons I found so far pales in comparison.

KingKong

Feels like they're being really stingy with equip load, as a knight using any other piece of armor and an axe puts me above 70%

I hate hate hate how the buffered moves work. I'll roll or attack, but get hit or have my action interrupted. Then after interruption I roll or attack anyway even though I may not want to any longer. Why?

Soulflarz

Banned
Thanks

Okay, cleared all of I
rithyll
without dying
Lets see if I can include the boss for the area onto the list ^_^

Nope, got greedy last 5%

:lol

Starting long sword may have ruined the game for me. It is too OP, especially now it is reinforced and infused with fire. It has a versatile moveset, low endurance cost, and great damage. I am destroying everyone in PvP and everything in PvE. All the weapons I found so far pales in comparison.

I also suffer from this
Illy longsword is ridiculous in all aspects.

I chose deprived, and this is my first dark souls game. Game's kicking my ass for sure.
Build recommendations for someone just coming from Bloodborne? My favorite builds were arcane > bloodtinge > skill in that order. I hear the sorcery build in this game is bad, so any suggestions?

Also help a total noob out here. How do you:

1. Use shit from the inventory without opening the menu? Say I want to place a bomb where the flask is.

2. Parry? One of the notes said to L1 behind an enemy or to shield at the right time, but I've yet to pull it off. Any good enemies to practice this on or a video showcasing how it works?

3. How to
summon other people plz, thx

Hellix

I also suffer from this
Illy longsword is ridiculous in all aspects.

I thought about switching to that when I found it, but my long sword was already reinforced by then. I imagine it is just as good (or better).

Also the Watchdogs covenant has insane activity. I couldn't walk 10 steps without invading someone. I ended up ranking to max in a couple hours.

ramyeon

I chose deprived, and this is my first dark souls game. Game's kicking my ass for sure.
Build recommendations for someone just coming from Bloodborne? My favorite builds were arcane > bloodtinge > skill in that order. I hear the sorcery build in this game is bad, so any suggestions?

Also help a total noob out here. How do you:

1. Use shit from the inventory without opening the menu? Say I want to place a bomb where the flask is.

2. Parry? One of the notes said to L1 behind an enemy or to shield at the right time, but I've yet to pull it off. Any good enemies to practice this on or a video showcasing how it works?

3. How to
summon other people plz, thx
Maybe Pyromancy will be up your alley?

1. You can equip stuff to your quick slots in the equipment menu.
2. Parry is L2 at the right time but only with Shields that allow parrying - it'll be noted in the description/stats of the shield. R1 behind an enemy is backstab, I think that's what you have it confused with.
3. You need to be in Ember form to see Summon stone markings on the ground, they'll be glowing runes.

Soulflarz

Banned
what level are you guys going into farrons keep?

leveling up seems slow compared to dark souls 2 :p

20s?

I thought about switching to that when I found it, but my long sword was already reinforced by then. I imagine it is just as good (or better).

Very much so. I used longsword until this passed it. It's just ridiculous now powerful now, and frost damage to boot.

OH GOD I FOUND THE BASILISKS

[PTSD INTENSIFIES]

Soulflarz

Banned
First time fighting
Potnia

easily get him to 5%
accidentally buffer a roll, die

...lol

3 fights later, can't get him back to 20%
of course >_>

Just before
Cathedral of the Deep and Farron's Keep
and I'm mid to high 30s.

What order did you go in?

Crystal
Sage pushed my shit in and caused me to take a break for a few hours. I was worn down after spending a very long time exploring that whole area with a fine-toothed comb.
still ducking the Giant Enemy Crab, saving him for later. also saw some bad asses in armor that I'm also saving for later.
the guys with the tree trunks are deceptively quick.

That feeling when you lose more souls over the course of the game from bad jumps and trying to get to places you shouldn't than dying to enemies twice in a row...

edit: In other news, I think some spots have potential for glitch jumping. There have been slopes where if you jump up them or run a certain way it shoots you up higher than usual. Can't wait to see what speedrunners do to this game.

antitrop

3 hours, 2 bosses down, and I'm just grinning from ear to ear. Having a lot more difficult of a time than with the beginning hours of Bloodborne, too, which is great. I had a pretty easy time with Bloodborne and was hoping this one would kick my ass again, and it definitely is.

Get'sMad

jealous of you guys playing through this for the first time....while I don't regret getting the import it would be pretty cool to be experiencing this for the first time with a much larger audience.

Korosenai

Out of at least 100 summons today, 90 of them said unable to summon phantom, 8 of them jumped off the map, and 2 of them actually stayed.

That feeling when you lose more souls over the course of the game from bad jumps and trying to get to places you shouldn't than dying to enemies twice in a row...

I lost 60000 souls I'd accrued from Co of and not levelling because I forgot the lift was up.. fell in to the abyss lol

Bout time I start heading back to previous areas and scoping out what I missed. Just got to Farron's Keep and I don't like the lack of action I'm seeing at Firelink. I figure I must haven missed out on some people who head over there earlier on in the game. Plus I feel like my weapon pool is fairly small for my build. Been using the basic long sword you get as a knight for the whole game so far, Haven't found anything better! This next poison area sucks anyway and I rather do backtracking atm.

ramyeon

Oh okay
I'm only a 53 and likee a quarter farther almost

H-how did you level so fast
No idea, I did a bit of co-op grinding for Souls but didn't spend any of them on levelling (For the Tower Key etc). Started as Level 1 Deprived.

Although I have been taking my time and exploring every area completely before moving on - at like 11 hours or something already.
Bout time I start heading back to previous areas and scoping out what I missed. Just got to Farron's Keep and I don't like the lack of action I'm seeing at Firelink. I figure I must haven missed out on some people who head over there earlier on in the game. Plus I feel like my weapon pool is fairly small for my build. Been using the basic long sword you get as a knight for the whole game so far, Haven't found anything better! This next poison area sucks anyway and I rather do backtracking atm.
There is a lot that's easy to miss - I'm at the same spot and my Firelink is pretty populated.

Iorv3th

Feels like there is a lack of armor sets so far. I am knight and haven't found any better armor just beat 3rd? boss
old rotten tree
and finished clearing that area out.

Now i'm stuck on the ice
mini boss thing? guy below the onion knight

Got him down really low my first try down to one hit, but couldn't get my stamina up to hit him again. After that I can't even get him to half health.

How do you get Co-op to work properly? My brother and I are both the same level, have the same password, have NOT defeated the areas boss yet. Can be summoned to others worlds, but not each others. What the hell. >_>

One of you has to be in ember form while the other isnt.

How do you get Co-op to work properly? My brother and I are both the same level, have the same password, have NOT defeated the areas boss yet. Can be summoned to others worlds, but not each others. What the hell. >_>

3 hours, 2 bosses down, and I'm just grinning from ear to ear. Having a lot more difficult of a time than with the beginning hours of Bloodborne, too, which is great. I had a pretty easy time with Bloodborne and was hoping this one would kick my ass again, and it definitely is.

I had a rough start too but I found as I went on It's falling back in line with how I usually do. Depending on play style and build you may find a difference, but being a dex/str build I definitely saw it smoothing out around level 20-30 since you can get the damage in fast enough to prevent a lot of situations.

ricelord

just ordered the collectors edition and it should be here in 4 days, so that should give me time to plat ratchet and clank and spend some time on enter the gungoen.

Soulflarz

Banned
oh, mr p
otniff
can actually camera glitch corner you into a free death unless you iframe perfectly, but even that won't last forever

That's...a DS2 like issue

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Beat the cursed tree in my third try. 6 hours+ into it and loving every second. Time for bed though.

UberLevi

Spent like 5 minutes kiting the A
byss
W
alkers
once I ran out of Estus Flasks, then finally won and I was super relieved. Then
the flaming one spawned and I realized I was only halfway done.
Got my shit pushed in.

Deadstar

Getting wrecked by Iudex, but I am trying! Got him to second form. New to Dark Souls, but enjoying the challenge.

I'm a veteran and it took me over 10 tries. Take your time to study his movements. Sometimes observing is as good as attacking, so you know what to expect.

d00d3n

I don't understand why so many people panic when they are invaded. Use your sunbro gank squad wisely. Disconnecting the internet connection (just happened to me two times) is just lame.

Maybe Pyromancy will be up your alley?

1. You can equip stuff to your quick slots in the equipment menu.
2. Parry is L2 at the right time but only with Shields that allow parrying - it'll be noted in the description/stats of the shield. R1 behind an enemy is backstab, I think that's what you have it confused with.
3. You need to be in Ember form to see Summon stone markings on the ground, they'll be glowing runes.

Thanks! I think I will end up going for pyromancy. I might especially enjoy this build if there's anything resembling the oil urns from BB. I really want to practice parrying though, I want to test it on the little katana dude after the first boss.

I can't beat the first boss yet... The character creator.. Just can't make her look right.

I hear you. I wanted to find a way to transfer my bloodborne girl to this game, but I think all the sliders are different. Ended up making something not waifu material in a generic-looking bro.

I don't understand why so many people panic when they are invaded. Use your sunbro gank squad wisely. Disconnecting the internet connection (just happened to me two times) is just lame.

Agreed. If you have the numerical advantage, push it. When I invade, I think of myself as another enemy.
The host has phantoms to help them, I have crazy villagers and weird fat evangelists

Get'sMad

I like when you get a 3 v 1 (ie most of the time) and its like well fuck my only option is to go run towards some enemies and they all stop pursuing.....like the hell else do you expect me to do when I'm outnumbered every time like that?

Soulflarz

Banned
aand onto the next hell-I mean area

Spent like 5 minutes kiting the A
byss
W
alkers
once I ran out of Estus Flasks, then finally won and I was super relieved. Then
the flaming one spawned and I realized I was only halfway done.
Got my shit pushed in.

Yeah, this was me the first time

Just parry everything and this becomes DS1 parried final boss easy :')

They should play offline completely. Best way to play the first time through anyway.

I'm getting the "spinning camera" when using DS4 on windows. Please tell me there's a fix, I've tried everything I can find on google and nothing is working. I'm using DS4Windows.

Iorv3th

I'm getting the "spinning camera" when using DS4 on windows. Please tell me there's a fix, I've tried everything I can find on google and nothing is working. I'm using DS4Windows.

Tried clicking use in exclusive mode on DS4Windows? That should fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom