• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicSte79

Neo Member
What should I be levelling up as a sorcerer? Just started a second build as have never used magic in Souls games before.

I don't know what I should be levelling up though.

I am absolutely loving this game.
Bunch of good bosses (I think I'm pretty far in the game already, 20 hours in it), except for the
new fucking dark souls 2 congregation
and
Yhorm the giant
, which was disappointing and really silly.

From what I can tell, this game seems like a real love letter to ALL the previous games, while still trying to be a new, exciting thing, which I think it succeeds at.

Somehow I love it more than the first game, which I previously thought impossible, yet I kind of miss DkS1, in a way.
I really need a remake of Dark Souls 1 on this engine, with it's flaws corrected, and with some content they weren't originally able to implement put back in.

Banzai

What should I be levelling up as a sorcerer? Just started a second build as have never used magic in Souls games before.

I don't know what I should be levelling up though.

Haven't played a Sorcerer in this one yet, but should go like this:
-level up str and dex until you're able to wield a weapon you like that you can infuse to have INT scaling
-level up attunement and intelligence for damage
-optional: level up faith to have a few miracles / be better at pyromancies / dark spells

Siegmeyer

Was auto-hide HUD a feature in previous Souls games?

If it was I'm kind of annoyed it took me this long to discover it. So much cleaner.

Mendrox

I am absolutely loving this game.
Bunch of good bosses (I think I'm pretty far in the game already, 20 hours in it), except for the
new fucking dark souls 2 congregation
and
Yhorm the giant
, which was disappointing and really silly.

From what I can tell, this game seems like a real love letter to ALL the previous games, while still trying to be a new, exciting thing, which I think it succeeds at.

Somehow I love it more than the first game, which I previously thought impossible, yet I kind of miss DkS1, in a way.
I really need a remake of Dark Souls 1 on this engine, with it's flaws corrected, and with some content they weren't originally able to implement put back in.

Haha YG is way more epic if you have finished a certain quest line and summoned a NPC. Too epic and I loved the different cutscene.

Just beat the second boss after 3 hours.
Really great music but he was easy as piss lol.

So far I've just levelled my vigor to 25 for a nice HP buffer, not sure what I'll level next, maybe get some extra endurance.
For a pyro build do I need int or faith? That along with dex for the melee damage.

Ferr986

So, sharp gems,what are the upsides and downsides on using them on a full DEX weapon?

I see the damage goes down a very little and scaling seems to remain the same (for example on an Uchigatana) but the description says it's appropiate for dexterity weapons.

Wonder if I should save it for a quality weapon, say Claymore, if I use it on a more DEX focused char.

Jin

Is anyone struggling with a Claymore? I beat the 3rd boss and I find the damage a bit low compare to spamming 1Hander and the enemies are way too fast for it. It's a struggle just to get a swing out without me getting spam to death. Anyone using Greatsword/UGS getting through okay? Can't decide if I should stick with Str build + UGS or go 1H with Dex.

Ferr986

Is anyone struggling with a Claymore? I beat the 3rd boss and I find the damage a bit low compare to spamming 1Hander and the enemies are way too fast for it. It's a struggle just to get a swing out without me getting spam to death. Anyone using Greatsword/UGS getting through okay? Can't decide if I should stick with Str build + UGS or go 1H with Dex.

Didn't use it on the release version (don't have the stats) but on the network test it seemed a bit slow for me too. And I always used it on DS1 or 2.

It's just that this game is more fast paced than previous Souls.

Auctopus

It's nuts how many people are getting stuck and don't know where to go when they first get to Firelink Shrine. You really need to listen to NPCs in the game.

Every Time there is a
poisonous swamp
area. EVERYTIME! I hate
poisonous swamp
areas.

To be honest I think this version of that area-type the easiest one. Of course, I'm coming off of playing Demon's Souls for the first time so there's that.

Yea, it's breaking my heart a little. I've always used the Claymore in DS1 and DS2, love the moveset but here in DS3 it feels too slow compared to the speed the enemies attack. I don't even know what weapon to go with now... haven't even upgraded due to that.

aravuus

Wtf, can't put my sign down. The animation happens, but the sign doesn't appear. Anyone know what the problem could be?

e: well now it fucking worked lol

Burt

Finished the
forest watcher stand in
covenant today, about 5 tongues out from their corresponding covenant as well. It's nice not knowing what the reward will be, considering how solid the first covenants were. Knowing Dark Souls, though, I'm probably working towards a chaos katana I won't use.

Ferr986

Yea, it's breaking my heart a little. I've always used the Claymore in DS1 and DS2, love the moveset but here in DS3 it feels too slow compared to the speed the enemies attack. I don't even know what weapon to go with now... haven't even upgraded due to that.

Once again, the Uchigatana is a very good deal for a starter weapon.

Fast, good range (compared to the broadsword atleast), good damage and it's weapon art is very good.

FROM loves dem katanas.

MicSte79

Neo Member
Haven't played a Sorcerer in this one yet, but should go like this:
-level up str and dex until you're able to wield a weapon you like that you can infuse to have INT scaling
-level up attunement and intelligence for damage
-optional: level up faith to have a few miracles / be better at pyromancies / dark spells

Thank you!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Still haven't found the Praise The Sun gesture.

C'moooon game.

P.S.: People that ask for help the first time they fight a boss are lame. :p

You won't find it for a whiiiiiile.

Mandelbo

Finally, the videos I got yesterday uploaded:

V
ordt of the Boreal Valley
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSO43Bqktqg

C
urse Rotted Greatwood
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPsYB2DLu6s

C
rystal Sage
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Lv53EfvwA (I got very lucky with this one, since I hadn't found a closer bonfire or a shortcut, and the ring of sacrifice pushed my equip load over 70% so I was fat rolling AND I only had one estus flask)

D
eacons of the Deep
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwZB_70q56M (I've seen people laying into this fight a bit, but I really enjoyed it! The music here is so good, and they're so imposing when you walk into the room!)

And lastly, a view from the top of the tower in the U
ndead Settlement
: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cXZ5w2yRmQ - I just love that everything you can see from there is part of the playable area, and that's not even it!

Oh man my cleric has become 10x more fun to play now that I got stats to use the weapon I was looking for,
claymore. Now I just have to find the lightning infusion gem
. This weapon fits my play-style perfectly.. the starter mace was fine but it had too short range for me.

My build is coming along nicely.. I'm at fourth boss
Crystal Sage, I already killed Curse-Rotted Greatwood
. I'll put few more stats into vitality so I can keep equipment load under fat roll limit with the armour I want to wear, and then I'll start investing more heavily into faith I think. With random points put into vigor and endurance here and there.

I'm in love with this game. Combat is responsive, world is fun to explore, item systems have been improved significantly..everything just seems to work better. Not to mention how beautiful the environments and creatures are, plus world design (surprises and all). Yeah, so, I'm expecting I'll sink few hundred hours into this game.

Special mention to the new and improved estus flask system,
the fact that you can change charges between HP flask and FP flask is amazing. I can choose to cast spells all day and rely on my spell heals if I want to. I'm SO glad the spell charge system is gone and all spells just use FP.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

you guys should learn to love the heavy attack. when you charge it it reks mobs and has huge reach

Btw, anyone know how to take out the loincloth Katana guy outside firelink? That guy basically screams "Git Gud" at newbies...

EDIT: Oh wait, NVM, he fell off a cliff during my death animation. Praise the sun?

Ferr986

lol, so I put my sunbro sign for some
Voltd
jolly cooperation, and someone summoned me for the
Dancer

I knew her from the Network test but still, it didn't go so well with my level. I woner what's up with that.

Burt

Area with lots of skeletons spoiler:
invading in the catacombs into a host and two summons, then running away like you're done, then letting them pass, then cutting the rope bridge while all three are on it... Is the greatest thing in any game, ever

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Joined Rosario covenant inadvertently, it pissed off one of the NPC in firelink and now they try to kill me. Feelsbadman.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure
Rosario's Fingers and Blades of Darkmoon are directly opposed to each other.

Btw, anyone know how to take out the loincloth Katana guy outside firelink? That guy basically screams "Git Gud" at newbies...

If you have pyromancy he's super easy. Pepper him with fireball while constantly keeping space between you and him, and then when you have a significant health advantage, take him head on.

Brohan

Oh man my cleric has become 10x more fun to play now that I got stats to use the weapon I was looking for,
claymore. Now I just have to find the lightning infusion gem
. This weapon fits my play-style perfectly.. the starter mace was fine but it had too short range for me.

My build is coming along nicely.. I'm at fourth boss
Crystal Sage, I already killed Curse-Rotted Greatwood
. I'll put few more stats into vitality so I can keep equipment load under fat roll limit with the armour I want to wear, and then I'll start investing more heavily into faith I think. With random points put into vigor and endurance here and there.

I'm in love with this game. Combat is responsive, world is fun to explore, item systems have been improved significantly..everything just seems to work better. Not to mention how beautiful the environments and creatures are, plus world design (surprises and all). Yeah, so, I'm expecting I'll sink few hundred hours into this game.

Special mention to the new and improved estus flask system,
the fact that you can change charges between HP flask and FP flask is amazing. I can choose to cast spells all day and rely on my spell heals if I want to. I'm SO glad the spell charge system is gone and all spells just use FP.

I'm heading towards the fourth boss myself. What level are you at? Kinda trying to figure out what level other people are at this point.

Hate to be overleveled in Souls games.

(If other people could chime in and state their level if they are at the road of sacrifice point in game it would be much appreciated.)

Hey guys I have a couple questions. I'm 8 hours in, so take that as you will when it comes to spoilers:

1. Is there a soul magic trainer that isn't
the pilgrim?
If yes, can you
find them before the fight with the giant tree?
2. Without spoiling anything,
will "finding my true strength" with the pilgrim screw me over?
3. Does the
faith lady's protector show up at Firelink anywhere?

Thanks!

Ferr986

Is it strange to focus on strenght en dex?

Nope depending on your weapon scaling ,thats the so called Quality build. Some weapons scale with both stats, like the Claymore for example.

If you use a weapon that only scales good with one stat then yea its useless.

10 hours of grinding & only 12 fuckin Proof of a Concord Kepts. This shit is ridiculous. Do any of you guys know a better way to get these besides
Farming the Silver Knights in Anor Londo or hoping you get summoned.
?

I'm heading towards the fourth boss myself. What level are you at? Kinda trying to figure out what level other people are at this point.

Hate to be overleveled in Souls games.

(If other people could chime in and state their level if they are at the road of sacrifice point in game it would be much appreciated.)

I can't check right now for exact number but I think I'm lvl 29 +- 2 levels.

But this may not be the normal level you are at, because (small leveling trick spoiler)
I have 4 free levels from the NPC

Hey guys I have a couple questions. I'm 8 hours in, so take that as you will when it comes to spoilers:

the pilgrim?
If yes, can you
3. Does the

Thanks!

1.dunno
2.no
3.dunno

the pilgrim?
If yes, can you
3. Does the

Thanks!

Yes
Kinda
Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom