• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brohan

Question regarding an enemy at the road of sacrifices: I encountered a
deprived npc woman with a large blade
and got my ass handed to me. So naturally i decided to have another go but the enemy was no longer there.

Did i mess anything up? Did i miss any drops now or will i encounter this enemy again somewhere else?

GavinGT

Banned
Awesome, thanks!

Quick follow up, when I do have the shield equipped, I don't really know when I'm "supposed to" block as opposed to just dodge. Is there any tips as to this?

I dodge when I can't afford the stamina loss of taking a hit on the shield. So basically the bigger the guy and the harder he hits, the more likely I am to dodge (since it'll take more stamina away if I try to block someone that hits harder).

Question regarding an enemy at the road of sacrifices: I encountered a
deprived npc woman with a large blade
and got my ass handed to me. So naturally i decided to have another go but the enemy was no longer there.

Did i mess anything up? Did i miss any drops now or will i encounter this enemy again somewhere else?

butcher knife

Zocano

I've been using the blue sentinels covenant most of the game and I've never been called in. I'm not sure how I'm ever gonna get the platinum at this rate. Am I doing something wrong? You just have the covenant equipped right and you should get called in to kill invaders?

Not a lot of people are doing regular invasions :\

I've been using the blue sentinels covenant most of the game and I've never been called in. I'm not sure how I'm ever gonna get the platinum at this rate. Am I doing something wrong? You just have the covenant equipped right and you should get called in to kill invaders?
What's your level as well?

Ferr986

I would say working as intended.

Blues were a barren covenant on DS2 too.

Cob32

You may be able to get tokens by invading whilst the covenant is equipped.

GorillaJu

It prioritizes people in the area. Make sure you're not over leveled for your zone you're in. If so, try moving to a higher level place to see if it helps. There's lots of PVP action after
Pope Sullivan's bonfire

I played as a blue (the hidden covenant version) and I got called in constantly. Now I'm a purple. Fuck those blues. >:)

zkylon

zkylewd
casual question as an aracnophobe and sadly souls fan

how are the spiders in this?

i've only encountered
the spider cat thing at the cathedral of the deep
and that was pretty alright for my phobias, but i'm trying to be prepared if there's another brighstone cove -___-

GavinGT

Banned

i've only encountered
and that was pretty alright for my phobias, but i'm trying to be prepared if there's another brighstone cove -___-

Those are the only spider-like enemies.

Sane_Man

It prioritizes people in the area. Make sure you're not over leveled for your zone you're in. If so, try moving to a higher level place to see if it helps. There's lots of PVP action after
Pope Sullivan's bonfire

I played as a blue (the hidden covenant version) and I got called in constantly. Now I'm a purple. Fuck those blues. >:)

I've just beat him actually so maybe it'll pick up. I'm level 60 though. I feel like I might be overlevelled but I've not farmed at all so not sure how. I've not lost any souls yet so maybe that's why.

Styles

I am not really cool with them filling up a room to the BRIM with enemies. Like, seriously FROM?

P.S Dogs are THE worst enemies in this game.

Roussow

Just got to (Big time spoilers for midgame)
Irithyll Dungeon. Holy crap I was not expecting that. Between that, Hellfire Tauros Demon and the Stone Stray Demon I am loving all of the throwbacks!
I'm so hyped for this game right now.

Also,
went into Sulyvahn's fight with two jolly cooperators and still barely made it out. I know these bosses may be easy to read sometimes, but it seems like they never let up. I'm still having a rough time of things. I'm level 40 now. Am I where I should be, because I feel like I'm taking a shit ton of damage from every enemy.

Considering you're roughly around where I am, I'd say you're about 10 or so levels under me (For context; I've gotten to the next bonfire beyond the
Irithyll dungeon
area, but I haven't beaten the
Sulyvahn
boss yet), by that logic we should be roughly around the same level. I'm like SL 53-54 or so, I can't quite remember right now. I haven't been grinding at all really, although I've explored the prior areas quite thoroughly, only using a +3 weapon currently, too.

kasane

lmao i thought the review are exaggerating

except not my game keeps crashing, cant even get out of the first area. so fucking disappointed

Beat that
tree
boss first try. Totally didn't expect to though, was down to like one estus when it had half health. The
drop
that happens scared the shit out of me!

GorillaJu

i've only encountered

That's the only spider enemy in the game. Unless crabs also count

Just stopped after about eight hours today, which (now that I find myself typing it) sounds incredibly irresponsible. I can't stop. This is the closest anything has ever come to recapturing that magical feeling of discovery strung along by patience that was Dark Souls 1 for me.

It's not perfect so far, but wow. The game oozes passion; you can feel the thought poured into every corner.

GorillaJu

I've just beat him actually so maybe it'll pick up. I'm level 60 though. I feel like I might be overlevelled but I've not farmed at all so not sure how. I've not lost any souls yet so maybe that's why.

You are not over-leveled I would say. Also try sticking in an area without moving in and out of non-summon zones (you'll know because the icon in top left will stop pulsing).

You can farm the items off of enemies. It's tedious, but if you want to just get the platinum it's maybe the simplest way. I had no problem getting to 45 or so blue symbols in PVP before I gave up being a good guy. Some people seem to not get summoned much, some do. I almost wonder if it's a network setting, like NAT2 not being enables on your router. Really just baseless conjecture though lol

spoilers for mid-game area:

bbfb05e8bb.jpg

God that area is pretty. So so hard though.

so why would i have to do that? that sucks since the games a looker and i aint having any performance troubles =/

There seems to be some issue in graphics drivers that will crash the game very frequently, when lightning quality is anything else than "low". For example when approaching a bonfire.

aravuus

And holy shit, *normal enemy spoilers*
I love how one of the enemies in that area is modeled/referenced after the Gaping Dragon. They were a PAIN to kill though; Much harder than most of the bosses I've fought so far.

Just came across one of those

Fucking creepy as hell lol

The woman in the firelink shrine selling a key for 1.5k souls

Is it for
the locked doors in the undead settlement, where this witch is on a bridge and there is also a purple invader?

MilkBeard

First time I decide to start with a deprived...
It feels good to find the "equipement on site"..
Is there a downside to this "class" ?

It starts out tougher, but then when you go past the hurdle that you face in the beginning, it feels great. Eventually you end up like everyone else, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol at
Crystal Sage
, good lord >_>

aravuus

Oh, so there is a locked door in the
sewer shortcut?

There's another
sewer area
too, fairly close to the shortcut.

Man, this is SUCH a pretty area but FUCK THESE ENEMIES lmao. So fast and hard-hitting and, goddamn. Even their reach is insane. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but difficulty spike doesn't even start to describe it lol.

Lemonheap

Banned
Quick question, I am a knight and am using the fencing sword. Is there a benefit in unequipping your shield and only using the sword at all or is that just placebo? Feels like it's quicker.

Also, can't figure out backstabs and sidesteps. I melee lots of guys straight in the back, but I don't get a backstab animation unless the camera is also positioned at their back. Any tips for this? Sidesteps seem totally impossible 99% of the time because when I press B my dude just rolls away losing momentum.

NBtoaster

Beat the katana guy by pushing him off the cliff, and the DS1 trick/feature where enemy loot gets reset to a safe position if you immediately reload still works.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the walk back to
Crystal Sage
is depressing, so many mobs :(

usp84

How do you open the door in high wall of Lothric that has a body right in front of it.? When i get close it doesnt say anything like "Its Locked"... Do you get to the other side some other way?

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
3 more bosses down, i'm done for tonight.

Iudex Gundyr
- 0 deaths
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
- 1 death
Curse-rotted Greatwood
- 5 deaths
Crystal Sages
- 1 death
Deacons of the Deep
- 0 deaths
Abyss Watchers
- 4 deaths
High Lord Wolnir
- 2 deaths
Pontiff Sulyvahn
- 6 deaths
Aldrich the Devourer of Gods
- 5 deaths
Dancer of the Frigid Valley
- 2 deaths
Yhorm the Giant
- 1 death

KAOz

Short bus special
Does anyone know if it's possible to say, farm Proof of Concord Kept by duel signs and password?

Too high of a level so I'm not getting summoned by regular means. And I need 15 more.

Mutombo

I'm level 26, have an upgraded +2 battle axe, and want to use dancer swords as main weapon, and i want them now.

Shall I try the Dancer Fight? Too Soon?

Otherwise; co-op?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom