• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Holy shit, was that (npc spoiler)
Patches
?
Fucker locked me in the firelink shrine tower
. Where can I find him next? Need to kill em

KeRaSh

Found this armor set just now near A
nor Londo
yessss https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cf5nuxZXIAEeoev.jpg:large

Looks cool! Also, what weapon is that in the picture?
Looked at the movesets of F
arron
Greatsword and W
olf
K
night's
Greatsword.
Can't really decide which one to get once I'm at that point. I might take whatever I choose to the end as my main unless there's something similar that beats those weapons on all fronts. Loving the battle art
sommersault beatdown
attack of the
WKGS
but the
breakdancing
attacks of the
Farron
looks cool, too!

Can someone help me decide? I don't plan on parrying much but the same probably goes for two handing my weapon so it basically comes down to which basic moveset I prefer?
Loving the reach of the
WKGS
R2 but the
Farron
R2 probably also slams enemies to the ground which is what I liked about the other one's battle arts... God damnit...

Get'sMad

I've played 15 hours since it unlocked 26 hours ago. Unemployment is messed up.

ha (well not really)

feeling this post

I got laid off the other month and have been sitting on an okay severance and savings and have just been playing the game since the Japanese release, which I got out of boredom/impatience even though I can't read/know 3 words in Japanese.

godspeed man...looking for new jobs really blows.

Having a really hard time with the
tower structure with three fire bomb spamming guys above a large red robe mob that smashes a pot down on you
. Dunno if that was specific enough, but I can't find the way up to the first three enemies and I'm out of arrows. It makes it super hard to progress while getting spammed by firebombs.

wrongway

Weird, is my game wonky or is co-op just buggy at the moment? I just did the 2nd area's boss again and it was flaky too. First time, the host, the other phantom, and all mobs just slid around with no animations. Second time was mostly the same except the other non-host player had animations. The boss is also apparently completely broken by this -- not having any attack animations, he doesn't deal any damage. D:

krakov

Having a really hard time with the
tower structure with three fire bomb spamming guys above a large red robe mob that smashes a pot down on you
. Dunno if that was specific enough, but I can't find the way up to the first three enemies and I'm out of arrows. It makes it super hard to progress while getting spammed by firebombs.

Hint: look down.

Big Brett

ha (well not really)

feeling this post

I got laid off the other month and have been sitting on an okay severance and savings and have just been playing the game since the Japanese release, which I got out of boredom/impatience even though I can't read/know 3 words in Japanese.

godspeed man...looking for new jobs really blows.

I'm fresh out of college with a pretty useless degree (at least in my cynical eyes) so... i dunno. My situation is okay, I'm okay, but it gets depressing not being able to get a job, lack of jobs etc.

but yea, thanks man. good luck to you too. let's enjoy our free time with some dark souls!

Cyborg

I must say I never felt so lost in a Souls Game. I was stuck for 1h in a FireLink shrine finding my way out. And when I did Im just amazing how many levels there are in one area. Its like a builiding with 20 floors.

Anyways, so I'm not alone...
Did From lose their touch with bosses and now they all fall into set types we all know how to deal with?
Seriously, I remember bosses being a decent challenge...? Or rather, not borderline facerolls.
A lot of the bosses in BB/DS3 are facerolls.

You know, after playing every single Souls game (incl. BB & DeS), it might just be that we have gotten better with the mechanics. I feel like I'm having little to no issue in predicting swings of the larger bosses, and that makes the fights somewhat trivial

They've done a pretty good job at designing so many bosses around a few simple attack strings and roll i-frames, but if you've been through all of them, you've seen most of what they have to offer.

can't say i've run into an actual faceroll boss where you can tank damage and mash attack to win though. If you're forced to use rolls and pattern recognition with proper attack timing, they're still doing their jobs.

Defeated the uchigatana dude easily to my surprise. Does the masters attire or whatever raggedy shit he's wearing got any hidden use? I stored it for potential usefulness.

First impressions: Yup. This is Dark Souls... oh... I'm dead.

Defeated the uchigatana dude easily to my surprise. Does the masters attire or whatever raggedy shit he's wearing got any hidden use? I stored it for potential usefulness.

First impressions: Yup. This is Dark Souls... oh... I'm dead.

I took it as a tongue-in-cheek thing. The master's armor is shit because the master doesn't ever get hit and thus doesn't need to worry about armor lol

Mcdohl

Going to sleep for today.

I just made it to the
Abyss Watchers
, but lost on my first try and decided to call it day.

Loving it.

Anyone know where I can pick up the zweihander so my real playthrough can begin? I'm almost at
road of Sacrifice
so I've gone through most of the previous areas but I rushed without exploring too much. I like the Claymore but it's just not doing it for me.

Anyone know where I can pick up the zweihander so my real playthrough can begin? I'm almost at
road of Sacrifice
so I've gone through most of the previous areas but I rushed without exploring too much. I like the Claymore but it's just not doing it for me.
I know the onion knight has one, though I'm not sure if you get it if you kill him.

He's the knight who is having elevator troubles in the undead settlement

Where should I be going after (early-ish boss spoiler)
Abyss Watchers
? The
skeleton zone
beneath that area seems like nooooot where I wanna be right now.

What's the opinion on boss souls? Use some for leveling or save them all for items? I'm early in the game (just finished my third boss) and wondering what would be the best thing to do. I'm using an average build; started with warrior, have focused on strength/endurance with some dexterity, vitality, and vigor. Thanks!

Where should I be going after (early-ish boss spoiler)
Abyss Watchers
? The
skeleton zone
beneath that area seems like nooooot where I wanna be right now.

There should have been another path in
Road of Sacrifices
. The bonfire is called
Crucifixion Woods
. Should be near the crabs IIRC. Just look for a hole in a castle wall to enter.

Finally was able to successfully co-op with my brother. We had met all the conditions for co-op early, it was just being stupid.

To finally get it to work, we had to get way the hell away from the bonfire, and keep laying down our symbols but it finally worked. Still not great, From.

Teknoman

Every Dark Souls game has me feeling like a dummy after the first boss. Which direction should I head after hitting the Firelink shrine if I dont want to take on katanaman?

Every Dark Souls game has me feeling like a dummy after the first boss. Which direction should I head after hitting the Firelink shrine if I dont want to take on katanaman?

Go inside the shrine and light the bonfire, you can progress from there. Firelink is pretty big but there's nothing to do in it this early.

You have to go through the boss room of the
crystal sage

Yeah I know, I'm just assuming they missed that boss and going from there.

There should have been another path in
Road of Sacrifices
. The bonfire is called
Crucifixion Woods
. Should be near the crabs IIRC. Just look for a hole in a castle wall to enter.

The
farron keep swamp
area? That's how I got to that boss in the first place, did I miss something?

I spent an hour looking so I'll just tell you:
THE BONFIRE TELEPORTS YOU TO WHERE YOU NEED TO GO!

Felt pretty silly after I realised that.

ramyeon

I spent an hour looking so I'll just tell you:
THE BONFIRE TELEPORTS YOU TO WHERE YOU NEED TO GO!

Felt pretty silly after I realised that.
I mean the Firekeeper tells you what to do. I know the first thing I did when I hit Firelink was talk to every NPC until I exhausted their dialogue.
I'm invading in
Smouldering Lake
and I keep getting put against a host + three white phantoms. 3, what the hell?
There's an item that lets you summon up to 3 phantoms at a time, but it opens you up to having two invaders at a time as well I think. Haven't tried it out myself.

Alright. Less than six hours of work left. I can do this!

Going in blind and have probably missed a ton, but I don't mind.

Killed four bosses and ended my sessions last night at the fifth. Did not beat yet, but man what a cool fight. I'm talking Lady Maria levels of atmosphere here!

Chose the Herald and I have been running with a shield and a broadsword. Still looking for That Weapon (whatever it ends up being).

McBryBry

Want you guys' opinions on something related to how you play.

My friend is the type who will use whatever guide or anything he can use so he doesn't miss a thing. I personally don't like that route, but I'd be guilty if I didn't Google an NPC to see where I'll find them next because I don't want to miss a quest line, or how hollowing works in this one since I don't understand it yet. Trying to take myself off of that this time though. Do you guys go full guide, completely dark or what?

Teknoman

lol yeah...felt dumb. I guess I started up too late last night, and while my reflexes were good my comprehension wasnt :p

EDIT: Completely dark unless something looks waaaaay too interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom