• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

I may be wrong. Been a while since i tried it
crazy.gif

Not sure if it was noticed or posted, but I realized my copy of DS3 for Xbox One was updated to 1.03. Could have sworn it was 1.01 a couple of days ago.

E92 M3

So I LOVE the two Future Press game guides for Bloodborne. I don't use them when I'm playing, I just love them as collectors items because they're beautifully designed, and have some great title features (the lore section is fantastic)'and I enjoy the interviews.

I'm really disappointed that Future Press isn't making the guide for DS3. Has anyone seen Prima's guide? Is it close to the same quality?

I don't expect it to be as good, but still buying it for collection purposes.

mulac

I don't expect it to be as good, but still buying it for collection purposes.

How funny, I was just looking at the DS3 guide on amazon and almost pulled the trigger. I bought the Bloodborne and Old Hunters guide and used each sporadically for trophy hunting or just to have as they were beautiful.

However for DS3 i think i'll use the youtube vids and online guides if i get stuck on the hunt for my Platinum and see how it goes.

E92 M3

How funny, I was just looking at the DS3 guide on amazon and almost pulled the trigger. I bought the Bloodborne and Old Hunters guide and used each sporadically for trophy hunting or just to have as they were beautiful.

However for DS3 i think i'll use the youtube vids and online guides if i get stuck on the hunt for my Platinum and see how it goes.

Best souls info is always online. I don't even open my guides lol. Just like having them in my collection.

I always assumed the same,
only real players could be summon as a blue spirit
. I could be wrong tho :p

Same. I didnt like their Witcher 3 guide.

They don't have that passion :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So I LOVE the two Future Press game guides for Bloodborne. I don't use them when I'm playing, I just love them as collectors items because they're beautifully designed, and have some great title features (the lore section is fantastic)'and I enjoy the interviews.

I'm really disappointed that Future Press isn't making the guide for DS3. Has anyone seen Prima's guide? Is it close to the same quality?

You should get the Bloodborne lithographs then. I've also been seriously considering getting it...even with the crazy shipping to Canada.

As for DS3, I've been pretty hyped, but I kind of regret watching as many playthroughs as I have. It'll be much nicer when I finally get to play and co op with it.

Get'sMad

I've played through the import a couple times now and it's a really great game. I'm looking forward to watching this thread unfold and the reactions from all those who have yet to play it.

enjoy!

Mupod

I haven't even seen a trailer for this game yet. I have watched some weapon moveset videos though, liking the look of a few straight swords.

WarAdept

Game comes out for us tomorrow in Australia.

So for those who have it already:

Has Magic/Faith been fixed for the worldwide release? Or is it still so broken that STR/DEX is the only way to play?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
So which starting class should I choose if I want to go with a Miracle / Spear build?

Also, how early are spears / halberds accessible?

I used to think Nameless King was a cool boss fight. However the camera in that fight is terrible & has severly dropped my opinion on that boss. Nothing like getting one shot in NG++ off screen because the camera wont adjust.

Yep I completely agree. It's an absolutely aesthetically gorgeous fight. Definitely the most epic artistically beautiful fight in the series. But that mechanic is just completely broken and can really ruin the fight. It's even worse if you are a caster, which means you are gimped to begin with. You have almost zero time to cast in between his attacks during the second phase because of how long cast times are, and because you are forced to back up more as you dodge, you often get backed into those invisible walls.

Game comes out for us tomorrow in Australia.

So for those who have it already:

Has Magic/Faith been fixed for the worldwide release? Or is it still so broken that STR/DEX is the only way to play?

Still broke.

So which starting class should I choose if I want to go with a Miracle / Spear build?

Also, how early are spears / halberds accessible?
I'm not sure that it really matters since you can get most of the miracles early on anyways. I'd actually recommend doing the pyromancer because it has very low luck, and luck is a useless stat unless you are building around it, and most of the other classes start with 13+ luck. Regarding halberd, pretty sure I picked one up at the very first vendor.

Zocano

Oh and here's some perspective:

Amazing bosses from DeS: Flamelurker, King Allant. Flamelurker getting a 9, King Allant getting a 10.
Amazing bosses from DkS: Taurus Demon, Ornstein & Smough, both rating 9.
Amazing bosses from DkS2: Glass Knight, Old Dragonslayer, both rating 8
Amazing bosses from BB: Blood-starved Beast and Father Gascoigne, both rating 9.

I have a hard time liking most (vanilla) Dark Souls 1 bosses but I'm surprised you didn't have Sif. He's probably my favorite and best DS1 boss. Mobility and spacing is super important for me and I think Sif excels super well at that.

And no Gehrman breaks my wee little hunter heart ):

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I have a hard time liking most (vanilla) Dark Souls 1 bosses but I'm surprised you didn't have Sif. He's probably my favorite and best DS1 boss. Mobility and spacing is super important for me and I think Sif excels super well at that.

And no Gehrman breaks my wee little hunter heart ):

He has Taurus Demon in that list but no Gehrman and zero DLC bosses. All of this is highly suspect.

As I understand it, using an Ember or beating or boss is the equivalent of being Human in DS1/2, allowing for co-op and summons, and opening yourself up to invasions. But, the matching is done on the servers, and from what I've seen from PvPers on YT/Twitch, it leans heavily towards linking invaders to people who have already summoned, meaning more than likely the invader will be up against multiple opponents. Plus the Way of Blue covenant, which will
summon an NPC to fight for you when you're invaded

It generally sounds like, if you don't want to be invaded, it's not that difficult to avoid even when playing online. Plus the servers also factor level and weapon level into account when matchmaking, so even if you do get invaded, the invader, in theory, should be a pretty even match.

Question... if you kill an invader, do you get anything? Ember?

Thanks for the reply. I hate that you get matched against people who have summoned when you invade. Oh well, should still be fun I hope.

GravyButt

Glad to see there is an offline option. Hopefully I can remember by the time I get around to getting the game (way to much going on planning a bday party for my daughter right now)

Zocano

He has Taurus Demon in that list but no Gehrman and zero DLC bosses. All of this is highly suspect.

I was running under the assumption no DLC bosses was intentional (given that there's no DLC bosses for DS3 yet). Also Taurus Demon is a fun first "true" boss fight to have so that didn't really stand out to me.

Afrodium

Banned
Ugghh, I really wish this was unlocking at 7 EST for PS4 as well. My Monday night is wide open but Tuesday not so much.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is a "Barbarian" build viable? I wouldn't mind going DW axes if it's not going to gimp me.

Neoweee

Is a "Barbarian" build viable? I wouldn't mind going DW axes if it's not going to gimp me.

DW as it existed in DS2 is gone. There's instead special weapons that are sets of two weapons that you can switch into a DW mode.

As for specifically DW Axes...

There is a set, but it isn't until literally the last area.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
DW as it existed in DS2 is gone. There's instead special weapons that are sets of two weapons that you can switch into a DW mode.

As for specifically DW Axes...

There is a set, but it isn't until literally the last area.

Ah OK thanks, I'll look into it.

dcassell

Banned
Messed around in Dark Souls II, having never played the DLC before. Now that I'm diving into the first DLC pack, I'm worried I'll never get to see all of it once III is out tomorrow! I've been waiting for this game all year. Can't wait to dig in after work tomorrow.

Tarkus

Messed around in Dark Souls II, having never played the DLC before. Now that I'm diving into the first DLC pack, I'm worried I'll never get to see all of it once III is out tomorrow! I've been waiting for this game all year. Can't wait to dig in after work tomorrow.
Dark Souls II DLC rejected
QLalc3v.gif

Moonkid

Just got word from a retailer that I won a copy of the game from one of their Facebook competitions. Feeling blessed 🙏

mulac

This preloaded yesterday onto my PS4 which is where my main game will sit as I want this Platinum.

However after reading the PC performance results and eyeing my gaming computer and brand new 165mhz GSync Asus screen...that Steam preload is tempting me...

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This preloaded yesterday onto my PS4 which is where my main game will sit as I want this Platinum.

However after reading the PC performance results and eyeing my gaming computer and brand new 165mhz GSync Asus screen...that Steam preload is tempting me...

Do it, the experience will be miles better for you on PC.

What I'm doing is buying the PC version first for the better performance, then getting the inevitable GOTY version with all the dlc down the line on PS4 and going for the platinum.

Ogawa-san

I thought long and hard about platinum vs. 60fps, ended up getting it on Steam. I'd love another platinum but 60fps is just too good, I can double-dip later when it's cheap enough.

Just got word from a retailer that I won a copy of the game from one of their Facebook competitions. Feeling blessed 🙏
Congrats :3

Whynotboth.gif?

E92 M3

You should be praising the Sun!

--

On another note, I find it interesting that the Day 1 edition for PS4 sold out on Amazon. I'm guessing even the standard will be the Day 1.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Who's #TeamDeprived with me?

Me!

Gonna create a hulking great hairy man with a magnificent 'tache and stay naked (or close to) for as much of the game as possible.

Problem is, I can't decide whether I want to go DEX and get the U
chigatana
asap, or go STR and clobber everything with dual C
aestus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom