• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a PS4 importer, let me say, English item descriptions hyypppeeee!

post-54731-chow-yun-fat-thumbs-up-gif-Img-uDN9.gif
I can finally read what the messages say when they pop up :D

bobawesome

Ugh. As with every Souls game, the hype gets me at the last minute. I tell myself I'll just hold off and wait for the game to get cheaper or wait to receive it as a gift.

I hate you, Yoshi, I hate you GAF. But most of all, I hate myself.
v_v

Can't wait to recreate my beautiful Bloodborne waifu, Arcadia, in DS3.

Sandfox

This is going to be my first full playthrough of a Dark Souls games(I sampled Dark Souls 2 about two weeks ago) and I'm excited.

I'm probably going to start with Knight and see how I like that.

E92 M3

Ugh. As with every Souls game, the hype gets me at the last minute. I tell myself I'll just hold off and wait for the game to get cheaper or wait to receive it as a gift.

I hate you, Yoshi, I hate you GAF. But most of all, I hate myself.
v_v

I paid 70 dollars for my early copy on Xbox and it's worth every penny. I even bought a CE for the PS4 as well.

K' Dash

So, my recent ban made me prepare for the launch of this game:

-Cleaned my PC thoroughly
-Bought a new SSD
-Bought 8GB of RAM, 16GB total now.
-Bought a new Xbox One controller
-OC'd my 2500K to 4.5GHz - was 4.2

Everything installed and ready to go.

780ti
16GB RAM
i5 2500K @4.5GHz
Crucial SSD 240GB for OS and current games.

Praise the Sun!

Hikami

Oh okay, so I'm not the only one. I was gonna go with "wait til it gets cheaper" but I just bought it a few minutes ago as soon as I heard it unlocks tomorrow on steam..

Pre-loaded and ready to go.

tcrunch

My gaming schedule for the next week/millenium:

+ Co-op with friend on PC.
+ Invade people on PS4!
+ Probably start SL1 run on PS4.
+ Greatbow run on PS4.

The real question is what class am I going to choose for friend co-op auugghghgh so many weapons!

MilkBeard

Really curious about the assassin and thief classes. I'll probably pick one of those as a start. I may go dual wield, or maybe step out of my bounds and do faith or int as well. We'll see.

tcrunch

so..this is the first time i am rolling a DEX build , any tips on how to play? i have played STR /Faith hybrids and Pyro builds.

(intro area spoiler)
Explore around the hub when you reach it for a wonderful DEX surprise.

(mechanic spoiler)
There are many different kinds of infusions that change scaling and damage in the game. I suggest experimenting!

So with all the reports of how weak sorcery is in this game, I have a question.

I've been planning to play an Int build, and my stubborn self wants to stick with this. I guess at this point I'm hoping they'll buff sorcery soon. But, even if they don't...I'm wondering...

Let's say I choose to go Sorcerer and pump quite a bit into Int. If I infuse a weapon to scale with Int, and use that for melee, would that at least make the build viable?

I've played every Soulsborne game and played a good variety of builds, so I'm not obsessed with getting through the game using only spells. So I'm wondering, if I choose a Sorcery build and am not focused purely on spells, would a melee weapon that scales with Int still be a viable build? I realize it's early to be worried about this, but I want to have some assurance that my planned build won't be too gimped. Thanks for any input.

Tahnit

Banned
posted this in another dark souls 3 thread. still applies.

so i preordered from gamestop cause there is a pretty nice bonfire keychain that you get with your preorder. HOWEVER it now seems that I still wont be able to pick it up until the midnight launch tomorrow. BUT if i put my credit toward a steam card i can get the card and go home and start downloading ready to play right after work.

But i dont get the keychain. Decisions decisions.

Korosenai

Need some help guys. In Dark Souls 1, 2, and Bloodborne i've gone for pure strength builds, but for this game I want to switch it up. Should I do faith or intelligence, and then should I do strength or dexterity to complement that skill?

Man, I was gonna roll Assassin but now I am tempted to make my very first playthrough a Deprived run. I can still build into Dex, which was my original plan.

MilkBeard

Man, I was gonna roll Assassin but now I am tempted to make my very first playthrough a Deprived run. I can still build into Dex, which was my original plan.

Shit, since I've played all the Souls games, I might try depraved as well. Just to give some extra sense of urgency. I kind of like that feeling of trying to scrape by early on in the games.

big fake

Need help for NPC interaction gone wrong.

I had an enemy chase me to when onion knight comes and so booked it down the elevator tonfins HW is gone. CAN I EVEE INTERACT WITH AGAIN???

Rozart

Quality build on my first playthrough for me. I'm just excited to get back to my good ol' zwei again.

posted this in another dark souls 3 thread. still applies.

so i preordered from gamestop cause there is a pretty nice bonfire keychain that you get with your preorder. HOWEVER it now seems that I still wont be able to pick it up until the midnight launch tomorrow. BUT if i put my credit toward a steam card i can get the card and go home and start downloading ready to play right after work.

But i dont get the keychain. Decisions decisions.

Whaat. Lucky.

My PS4 tells me I can play Dark Souls III in 23 hours and 56 minutes. This is gonna be excellent! And I have the Day 1 Edition from Amazon shipping as well.

And screw it, I am joining #TeamDeprived. Gonna roll Dex!

MilkBeard

My PS4 tells me I can play Dark Souls III in 23 hours and 56 minutes. This is gonna be excellent! And I have the Day 1 Edition from Amazon shipping as well.

And screw it, I am joining #TeamDeprived. Gonna roll Dex!

I think I'm going #TeamDeprived as well. This will be my first time. I can consider myself a Souls vet, so why the hell not.

tcrunch

Ahh okay I will try that, I have a feeling he will be up there. Thanks, gonna try tomorrow!

He will be, I did the same thing on my first playthrough.

I've been planning to play an Int build, and my stubborn self wants to stick with this. I guess at this point I'm hoping they'll buff sorcery soon. But, even if they don't...I'm wondering...

Let's say I choose to go Sorcerer and pump quite a bit into Int. If I infuse a weapon to scale with Int, and use that for melee, would that at least make the build viable?

I've played every Soulsborne game and played a good variety of builds, so I'm not obsessed with getting through the game using only spells. So I'm wondering, if I choose a Sorcery build and am not focused purely on spells, would a melee weapon that scales with Int still be a viable build? I realize it's early to be worried about this, but I want to have some assurance that my planned build won't be too gimped. Thanks for any input.

Rather than infuse with magic, make it raw and use your enchant spells. One of the swords in the first non-tutorial area is quite good for this.

I really wouldn't play sorcerer on your first run though (I did).

I think I'm going #TeamDeprived as well. This will be my first time. I can consider myself a Souls vet, so why the hell not.

For my first characters, I chose Temple Knight in Demon's Souls, Pyro in Dark Souls, Wanderer in Dark Souls 2, and Professional in Bloodborne. Always did Deprived runs on a third or fourth playthrough, but I think it'll be more fun to do it for the first playthrough.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
So I only have 2 launch ps4 controllers. They are of dubious quality and I'm not even sure are as responsive as they once were due to button wear.

Has Sony released better model ones?
Are the newer off the shelf versions higher quality? Gotta make sure I'm going into this baby top class

GorillaJu

Just infuse a weapon with a non-scaling infusion. Raw is possibly best. Then you can focus on your spell casting and vitals stats.

A lot of enemies have high resistence to magic. Be prepared to melee a lot.

So I only have 2 launch ps4 controllers. They are of dubious quality and I'm not even sure are as responsive as they once were due to button wear.

Has Sony released better model ones?
Are the newer off the shelf versions higher quality? Gotta make sure I'm going into this baby top class

I have had no problems with the blue controller I own, but I have read some GAF posts saying mixed things about them. I think most posts I've read have agreed that the anniversary gray controller is the way to go.

Rather than infuse with magic, make it raw and use your enchant spells. One of the swords in the first non-tutorial area is quite good for this.

what class would you recommend for a Spellsword build?

Excuse my ignorance, but why would raw infusion be better than than magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom