• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope all these months of training have paid off.

treadmillroll.gif

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
From what I've read it works exactly like Bloodborne. You'll be able to use a password to match with a specific person regardless of character level.

Are you sure lvl isn't considered? Last night I was trying to jump into my friend's game and couldn't. I'm lvl 94, and he's 67.

It was acting like prepatch Bloodborne.

jrcbandit

Mix between DkS1 and BB. Has BB's password system with no level ranges, so I assume there's some sort of scaling going on.

No Soul Memory, regular coop/pvp takes two things into account: soul level, like in 1, and weapon's level. We don't know how much weapon's level matters, though.

I believe PVP is limited by the highest weapon you have enchanted. If you enchanted one weapon with +10 but then equip a +1 weapon, you will only face people who have also have enchanted at least 1 weapon to +10. I wonder if they have a system in place for when the game has been out awhile and there might not be very many people leveling with the same + enchantment levels.

mulac

What I'm doing is buying the PC version first for the better performance, then getting the inevitable GOTY version with all the dlc down the line on PS4 and going for the platinum.

That would have been smarter :)

Screw it - purchased on Steam for Main Game + DLC. Thats why god gave us two hands and two feet.

Galafar

Neo Member
Not really a spoiler question but I'll be nice to those wanting to go in 100% pure.

Is New Game + like Dark Souls II where even after you beat the final boss you're not forced into a brand new game?

I apologize if this was asked. I skimmed the thread for answers but there was no one asking this from what I've seen.

jonjonaug

Not really a spoiler question but I'll be nice to those wanting to go in 100% pure.

Is New Game + like Dark Souls II where even after you beat the final boss you're not forced into a brand new game?

I apologize if this was asked. I skimmed the thread for answers but there was no one asking this from what I've seen.

From what I've heard, yes.

yes

E92 M3

Yes,
after the credits you can choose to continue with current game and activate NG+ at a Bonfire

Beaten like Gywn with parrying

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Me!

Gonna create a hulking great hairy man with a magnificent 'tache and stay naked (or close to) for as much of the game as possible.

Problem is, I can't decide whether I want to go DEX and get the U
chigatana
asap, or go STR and clobber everything with dual C
aestus

I ran a DEX/Faith
Lightning uchigatana and fucking loved every second

E92 M3

I just realized something cool about
the boxart:
It seems to be the final boss!

A Souls first!

Not joke

Rozart

Aw shucks. Didn't know they took out tail cutting in this game. :(

But hey. Better knowing now than having to die over and over again as I try to cut some boss' tail.

TheBear

I was all ready to buy this and then had the realization I should wait at least for the DLC to be released or the eventual rerelease because every time I finish the game and then the DLC comes out and I don't have it in me to start it up again, and usually the DLC is great.
So this time, I wait.

Mindlog

Yar. Just pre-ordered earlier on PS4 because discs are boring as hell. Went to check how much was left to DL and its already done. Nice.

I know absolutely nothing.
Going to fart my way through either STR or Quality on my first run. Play it by ear. Let's go.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
This will be my first Souls game at launch, can't wait.

Hmm okay, but who jokes spoiler tag in this thread lol? I've been trying to use tags for everything.

I don't check everyone's post history to know how they use spoilers. Yours came off to me as some joke for whatever reason.

Be specific about what you are writing in spoiler tags. A better way to do it at least in my opinion.

Code:
I just realized something cool. Ending Spoiler![SPOILER] The box art seems to be the final boss![/SPOILER]

A Souls first!

theRizzle

Pre-load complete... already informed the wife that I will be arriving home from work shortly after 5 tomorrow, grab a quick bite to eat and retire to the game room/office where more likely than not I'll be cursing in rage at the computer at some point very shortly after that.

Feels good man.

E92 M3

I don't check everyone's post history to know how they use spoilers. Yours came off to me as some joke for whatever reason.

Be specific about what you are writing in spoiler tags. A better way to do it at least in my opinion.

I just realized something cool. Ending Spoiler!
The box art seems to be the final boss!

A Souls first!

I didn't even think that people take spoilers for jokes in the OT about a souls game.

Good advice, though.

Code:
I just realized something cool. Ending Spoiler![SPOILER] The box art seems to be the final boss![/SPOILER]

A Souls first!
Always assume the worst when everyone and their mother has beaten the game 3 times already.

ramyeon

I just realized something cool about
the boxart:
It seems to be the final boss!

A Souls first!

Not joke
This is the problem with the staggered release.

Ffs.

Edit: Seriously, use spoiler tags properly or don't post shit like this period. Especially not in an OT for a game that isn't even out in most countries yet.

SDR-UK

Shall hopefully have the game tomorrow morning and I cannot wait to experience what it has to offer. It shall be amazing!

Side note (disclaimer: I haven't read all the pages): Has a GAFSouls Community (PS4) been setup? If not, anybody think it would be worthwhile? Would be nice to use to get immediate help I think.

This is the problem with the staggered release.

Ffs.
I mean, maybe people can use the "Import |OT|" if they want to talk about later-game stuff right now (assuming that's what's in the spoiler). But yeah, I'd say people being able to play the game in English early through the Xbox store glitch was probably the biggest nail in the coffin. I don't think any other Souls game OT had the same concentration of spoilers (tagged or otherwise) within the first few pages.
Not that I'm personally invested in it or care, mind you. Just an observation.

Anung

Un Rama
Put 10 hours in and took down 7 bosses. Really digging it and I've finally got my Greatsword and stats decent enough to wield it with some speed.

The first few areas didn't really do much for me as they felt too iterative of Bloodborne (one area feels too much like the chalice dungeons). There's a lot more diversity where I am now. The music might be the best of the series. It's so good it even elevates the weaker bosses.

Some frame drops and slowdown but thats to be expected. Quite a bit of pop-in in some areas though D:

ramyeon

I mean, maybe people can use the "Import |OT|" if they want to talk about later-game stuff right now (assuming that's what's in the spoiler). But yeah, I'd say people being able to play the game in English early through the Xbox store glitch was probably the biggest nail in the coffin. I don't think any other Souls game OT had the same concentration of spoilers (tagged or otherwise) within the first few pages.
Not that I'm personally invested in it or care, mind you. Just an observation.
Late game stuff should definitely be in the Import thread for the time being, considering it hasn't even been released properly outside of Japan yet. That said so much could be avoided by just using spoiler tags properly.

charsace

You are going to struggle through the first half of the game. It affects hybrid builds because they don't have enough stats (50+) into intelligence. The thing is, you aren't going to actually get enough stats to make intelligence good until at least 50% of the way into the game.

If you are intent on doing a magic build, put your early points into stuff that helps you survive (vigor), and level up your strength and dexterity to the point that you can equip a halfway decent weapon. Then either make it raw or use one of the infusions that don't scale on it, and you'll want to use that weapon (and not sorcery) through the first half of the game. Later on, when you can stick 50 points into intelligence, respec that way. You are still going to struggle though. Cast times are so long that most of the end game bosses will wreck you.

You can run with the Raw Astora Straight Sword. only need 10/10 in dex/str to use this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom