• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

big fake

Knight/Warrior should be good, more so a knight. You are fairly powerful and have a great armor set and decent balanced stats for a first time run. But at the end of the day but how you act that determines the outcome in these games.

For the Xbox one digital version, what percent is it playable at? Said it since 20% but it normally lies.
At 29%, wost likely wont finish DL for another 12 hours.. whelp how slow my home net is lately

Neverfade

Anyone know if the box art under the Day One sleeve is the regular non-Day One box? I don't particularly care for the art on the DO sleeve and I give no shits about the extras, so wondering if I need to hunt down a non-DO copy.

I think the only reason I'd choose another starter class over knight is if they have anything special.

Someone here told me that assassins have a side step, I'm curious if that's exclusive to dex based builds.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Probably going Warrior for the self buff and because axes > swords in cool factor.

Going Pyro build for first character and then dex dagger/katana based for the second. God I can't fucking wait man. It's almost here fellow Sun Bros!!!

ramyeon

Going Mercenary for my first run through - I'll save a Deprived run for my second character when I have a better idea of what kind of weapon I want to main.

Grab a katana and be happy :)

(intro area spoiler)
Explore around the hub when you reach it for a wonderful DEX surprise.

(mechanic spoiler)
There are many different kinds of infusions that change scaling and damage in the game. I suggest experimenting!

fiveds.jpg

thanks for the tips, is it important for me to learn how to parry or not?

Roussow

I've never played any of the other Deprived characters in past games, but it seems odd the the stats are a flat 10 across the board, it's seems a little odd that other classes can have any base level stats lower than the Deprived.

Kieli

Heard that

#1 - Great armor ain't so good at stopping damage. Not that great armor was ever good in Souls, but still.

#2 - Magic sucks.

C'mon, FromSoft. :|

I've never played any of the other Deprived characters in past games, but it seems odd the the stats are a flat 10 across the board, it's seems a little odd that other classes can have any stats at a lower base level than the Deprived.

Unless you're min/maxing for PVP purposes, it doesn't really matter if you have an unimportant stat (for your particular build) 9 or 10.

I think the only reason I'd choose another starter class over knight is if they have anything special.

Someone here told me that assassins have a side step, I'm curious if that's exclusive to dex based builds.
Assassin starts with the estoc (thrusting sword), target shield (parry shield) and magic spook, which makes your foot step quiet and reduced (I barely notice any dmg) fall damage. The side step you mention is exclusive to dagger weapon arts.
Isn't it tied to the dagger weapon art?
Yep!

Assassin starts with the estoc (thrusting sword), target shield (parry shield) and magic spook, which makes your foot step quiet and reduced (I barely notice any dmg) fall damage. The side step you mention is exclusive to dagger weapon arts.

Yep!

Fuck it, some of those spells in sorcery look too good. I'd only be getting the supplementary spells such as spook/hidden body/chameleon.

I can always start as an assassin then start putting points into the necessary to be able to use the weapons I want of STR.

My collector's edition is showing as arriving Thursday from Amazon.

I'm no-joke going to double dip and go to GameStop tomorrow night if it isn't shipped out by tomorrow afternoon and changes to Tuesday delivery. Hype is too strong, Tuesday is my last day off this week, and I sure as hell do not wanna come home Thursday and only get to play a couple of hours before I go back to work on Friday... I do want the collectors materials, though... Will just give the spare copy to a friend, I guess.

My collector's edition is showing as arriving Thursday from Amazon.

I'm no-joke going to double dip and go to GameStop tomorrow night if it isn't shipped out by tomorrow afternoon and changes to Tuesday delivery. Hype is too strong, Tuesday is my last day off this week, and I sure as hell do not wanna come home Thursday and only get to play a couple of hours before I go back to work on Friday... I do want the collectors materials, though... Will just give the spare copy to a friend, I guess.

I double-dipped on the digital version since Amazon screwed me last year on Bloodborne and delivered it at 8pm on launch day. I had the entire day off and spent most of it just posting in the OT.

Hypron

Heard that

#1 - Great armor ain't so good at stopping damage. Not that great armor was ever good in Souls, but still.

Did you forget Dark Souls 1 where high poise made it possible to tank through attacks you had no business tanking?

GorillaJu

You guys are crazy if you start with anything other than deprived. It's the only way to roll. I don't think I've done anything but deprived in the last 5 years of Souls games.

ISee

Bout to pull the trigger on souls 3 from gmg, how's the pc version? Any problems when it released in Japan?

From what I've read so far it's a good port. There seemed be a problem in one area (heavy CPU load with slow downs) but apparently the newest 1.03 patch improved performance there.

You guys are crazy if you start with anything other than deprived. It's the only way to roll. I don't think I've done anything but deprived in the last 5 years of Souls games.
Certain starting equipment can be locked till decently far into the game if you don't choose a class. Not everyone cares about min maxing.

GorillaJu

Certain starting equipment can be locked till decently far into the game if you don't choose a class. Not everyone cares about min maxing.

Really? I can't think of anything that stands out. The club is a good early game weapon and there are always firebombs in the starting area. Can easily beat the first boss with a club and that tends to open up the game to whatever build you want, but leveling up is cheaper and you start with perfect balance!!

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
To the filthy importers who're already on ng+17. At what percentage of the game would you say you get
the avelyn?

thaDeeg

Neo Member
less than 24 hours. fuck yes. having beaten all the previous Souls games, guess it's time to roll Deprived, you guys have convinced me. start naked, get huge. as for the min/max starting character build... there's always respec right?

To the filthy importers who're already on ng+17. At what percentage of the game would you say you get
the avelyn?
(fashionsouls spoiler)
I want to say, depending on what optional areas you have completed, ~65 % (?). Keep in mind that estimate I mention will vary according to different people. Do you want me to tell you how to get it as well?

Afrocious

Hold up. DEX is actually viable this time around?

Bloodborne had DEX shafted in vanilla and its DLC. DS2 vanilla didn't care too much about DEX either. I know the DLC had that one whip sword thing that was nice.

mulac

8hrs to go here in Oz on PS4!

Sucks I have to be working this week so wont get to sit down properly till Friday to get into this...

Hold up. DEX is actually viable this time around?

Bloodborne had DEX shafted in vanilla and its DLC. DS2 vanilla didn't care too much about DEX either. I know the DLC had that one whip sword thing that was nice.

What do you mean? DEX is always viable in DS1 and DS2

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
(fashionsouls spoiler)
I want to say, depending on what optional areas you have completed, ~65 % (?). Keep in mind that estimate I mention will vary according to different people. Do you want me to tell you how to get it as well?

Thank you sir. That's not too bad. I'll try to find it on my own. I will however ask you this,
how early do you get a decent bow? I'm assuming hunter's black bow is in the game, but if not what's a decent early game alternative?

Hypron

The most disappointing thing about the game is that they didn't bring back the "Well, what is it?" gesture. How hard can that be?

Afrocious

What do you mean? DEX is always viable in DS1 and DS2

In DS2, Strength, Int, and Faith had way more weapons to use than Dex.

It was worse in Bloodborne. I don't know what happened between DS1 and 2, but man that was disappointing.

If DS3 has more variety in weapons for Dex characters, I'll feel confident in rolling a dex dude.

Dex was great in Bloodborne. Being able to take off a fourth of boss health with one visceral was Dex build's biggest advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom