• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
In DS2, Strength, Int, and Faith had way more weapons to use than Dex.

It was worse in Bloodborne. I don't know what happened between DS1 and 2, but man that was disappointing.

If DS3 has more variety in weapons for Dex characters, I'll feel confident in rolling a dex dude.

You're on crack. Dark Souls 2 has dozens of dex weapons.

Thank you sir. That's not too bad. I'll try to find it on my own. I will however ask you this,
how early do you get a decent bow? I'm assuming hunter's black bow is in the game, but if not what's a decent early game alternative?
Its hidden well but good luck! And about your second question (weapon spoiler)
you can actually find a longbow in the High Walls of Lothric, first area you can access from the bonfire, pretty easy.

In DS2, Strength, Int, and Faith had way more weapons to use than Dex.

It was worse in Bloodborne. I don't know what happened between DS1 and 2, but man that was disappointing.

If DS3 has more variety in weapons for Dex characters, I'll feel confident in rolling a dex dude.

You can force a weapon to have any kind of scaling now, so it doesn't really matter.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Its hidden well but good luck! And about your second question (weapon spoiler)
you can actually find a longbow in the High Walls of Lothric, first area you can access from the bonfire, pretty easy.

Sweet. Alright, thanks again. I shall refrain from further questions least the tread start looking like some weird redacted government document.

wrongway

You guys are crazy if you start with anything other than deprived. It's the only way to roll. I don't think I've done anything but deprived in the last 5 years of Souls games.

I think everyone should start Deprived for their first Souls experience. Gotta combine that inexperience with the extra difficulty for maximum shenanigans.

I did find that Deprived lost its luster for me with experience though. The extra difficulty didn't amount to much once I knew how to play, and aside from specific starting items, it doesn't take much time at all to catch up to the preconfigured classes. For DS3 I think I'll just start Pyromancer so I can get my fireball on and save good ol' Deprived for if I want to try a SL1 run.

Holy shit. This comes out in 16 hours. :D

K' Dash

tumblr_nx7q4b73rY1qjembyo1_400.gif

Rozart

I'm going to try and beat Laurence and finally platinum the BB dlc tonight. Got to channel all this hype and energy into something worthwhile. ;^;

0.0 go on

best response i've gotten

ty

what? It also remain the level of scaling (B,A....)

If it's so, that means it doesn't matter now what stat do you level.

Its probably worth mentioning that this works just like Dark Souls 2 infusion where a weapon will lose scaling in everything else some amount and add some to the respective infusion. So if something has S scaling in Str it isn't suddenly going to good for Dex, but like the claymore can suddenly become a Dex weapon if you want instead of just quality.

NEO0MJ

Wondering if I could go mixed strength and Dex. Is there a soul vessel-like item in this game to reset stats? If there is I'm willing to go more risky with my build.

KeRaSh

I really hate that the Japanese release and all the streams kind of took the wind out of DS3's sails for me. Two weeks ago I was so addicted I sometimes watched two streams at the same time because they were using different interesting builds. (I don't care about spoilers, I'm just in it for the gameplay.)
Now I barely even click on the OTs anymore.

I know I will enjoy the shit out of it tomorrow but I just wished my hype levels were reversed with the JP release slowly building it up until it reaches max levels the day before I actually get to play it...

ramyeon

I really hate that the Japanese release and all the streams kind of took the wind out of DS3's sails for me. Two weeks ago I was so addicted I sometimes watched two streams at the same time because they were using different interesting builds. (I don't care about spoilers, I'm just in it for the gameplay.)

I know I will enjoy the shit out of it tomorrow but I just wished my hype levels were reversed with the JP release slowly building it up until it reaches max levels the day before I actually get to play it...
This whole release has been a shitshow. Releasing early in Japan is one thing but the way they gave out copies for streaming and encouraged it so early before release just tells me that Bandai Namco just don't get it.

Mifec

From what I've read so far it's a good port. There seemed be a problem in one area (heavy CPU load with slow downs) but apparently the newest 1.03 patch improved performance there.

Those areas were legit broken before the patch, now they run like the rest of the game on PC.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So Bloodborne was my first "souls" experience, and I loved it. I mostly used Ludwig's Holy Blade, and started witih the Saw Cleaver.

What class/weapon/stats should I focus on in DS3 for as similar as an experience as possible?

So Bloodborne was my first "souls" experience, and I loved it. I mostly used Ludwig's Holy Blade, and started witih the Saw Cleaver.

What class/weapon/stats should I focus on in DS3 for as similar as an experience as possible?

I'm in the same situation, and am going with a sword knight as far, and feel right at home. Just a word of warning, You're going to want to get used to using a shield, even though they were worthless in bloodborne, that's not the case here at all.

klee123

Yep, the marketing department for DS3 have no clue whatsoever.

I mean that sorcerers are significantly weaker than STR and Dex builds. One single hit with a Greatsword is about double the damage of the strongest sorcery available in mid game.

thats horrible
hopefully they buff magic later, until then enhancement based magic only it is(and utility)

How early into the game can you do this?
Eh welp
depends if you discover the area before venturing to another area and vice versa. Regardless you have to go to that area. But I want to assume somewhere between 30-40% of the game. Its hidden well and I didnt find it on my first play through until the very end of the game. But thats due to me just missing it completely.

KeRaSh

This whole release has been a shitshow. Releasing early in Japan is one thing but the way they gave out copies for streaming and encouraged it so early before release just tells me that Bandai Namco just don't get it.

The PC copies were still embargoed so that streamers couldn't play past a specific point but the "leak" of the english Xbox One version made that completely irrelevant.

First there was the footage from the preview event.
Then we had the PC copies that were handed out to streamers.
And finally there were the streamed Xbox One versions.

It was a little too much exposure that far away from the US/EU release.

I basically watched two full Let's Plays already. The fact that I'm still buying the game is telling how much I'm looking forward to this.

GorillaJu

thats horrible
hopefully they buff magic later, until then enhancement based magic only it is(and utility)

If you go for a pure enhancement build you'll be golden. You can easily put the minimal stats into your Int and faith just for the buffs you want, hell you can even pump up your Int and Fth, infuse a weapon with good base dmg as raw (I like the
Astora
Straight Sword) and play as a spell sword until late levels when there are actually good sorcereries to use.

Some bosses are simply not meant to be killed with magic. Where as there isn't a single boss that is made easier by it.

Godan

Ok so just picked this up on steam. Is it possible to play this early (in UK) if i use a VPN and set it to New Zealand like I did with Fallout 4?

How's dual wielding in this? In DS2 there was a special stance you could activate if you were dual wielding and had high enough stats.

The most disappointing thing about the game is that they didn't bring back the "Well, what is it?" gesture. How hard can that be?

Yeah, wonder if they follow the community and the pvp scene especially at all. Must be the most used gesture of all times...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom