• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stiler

Oh man,t his unlocks at 6pm EST? That's a great surprise, I was expecting a midnight release or at the worst a 1pm est on Tuesday release.

fozzy

Today's wait is going to be a killer. Think I'll dust the insides of my PC so it's nice and welcoming for it.

Don't know whether to try OC my card and cpu after the news that the patch improved performance.

dawid

Hard time deciding between Knight and Warrior for starting class. The good thing about Knight is i won't have to put many extra points in dex and int just to try a bow or maybe a spell.

On the other hand those skills probably will be worthless and the lack of luck feels worrying should i have to farm embers..

kabel

Today's wait is going to be a killer. Think I'll dust the insides of my PC so it's nice and welcoming for it.

Don't know whether to try OC my card and cpu after the news that the patch improved performance.

Nice and welcoming?

You are playing Dark Souls!
Smear everything with blood and sand.

I see you and I have the same plans. Just got a 6 pack of compressed air from Costco and it's been a good while.

Can't wait to have them one second load times thanks to SSD.

Disktrasa

Banned
This is my Soulsstory;

Imported Demons Souls before it was released in my country, it was like -08 -09?

Did not like at all, sold it a few days later, did not look back, did not bother with DS1 or 2, then one day i watched some streams on a game called Bloodborne... Rest is history as the say.

I took a chance and bought Bloodborne, at first i just got my ass kicked over and over again, but thanks to the games awsome Coop i managed to get in to the game! I have been playing games +30 year and Bloodborne is on My top 5 GOAT!

With all that said; My hype for tomorrow is insane!

This is my Soulsstory;

Imported Demons Souls before it was released in my country, it was like -08 -09?

Did not like at all, sold it a few days later, did not look back, did not bother with DS1 or 2, then one day i watched some streams on a game called Bloodborne... Rest is history as the say.

I took a chance and bought Bloodborne, at first i just got my ass kicked over and over again, but thanks to the games awsome Coop i managed to get in to the game! I have been playing games +30 year and Bloodborne is on My top 5 GOAT!

With all that said; My hype for tomorrow is insane!

Glad to hear you jump back in. I have heard of lots of folks not taken in from earlier games but eventually won over.

I would still highly recommend playing the others, especially DS1. It is a special game, particularly the DLC.

impact

Banned
Hard time deciding between Knight and Warrior for starting class. The good thing about Knight is i won't have to put many extra points in dex and int just to try a bow or maybe a spell.

On the other hand those skills probably will be worthless and the lack of luck feels worrying should i have to farm embers..

STR/DEX to try out all the weapons first character and because fuck magic

MicSte79

Neo Member

I am playing as the Knight. His starting armour and shield is pretty bad ass. Plus he looks awesome.

GorillaJu

Aesthetics is the biggest difference.

Bedlam

Been playing for the last two days (although not as much as I wanted to) and I love it. The mood, the gameplay, the scenery ... all top notch.

The only thing I don't love right now is the linearity but I guess I will just have to accept it. :-/

It also reminds me of Bloodborne in that it's VERY difficult at the beginning (well, after the tutorial.)
Really? I found it a bit easier than other Souls games so far (3 bosses in) but maybe that's because I chose Pyromancer, which is a bit overpowered at the beginning as in previous Souls games.

MicSte79

Neo Member
I really love the art style in this. I am glad they have kept the gothic look from Bloodborne.

The winding stair wells and battles on rooftops right from the off has been a joy.

It also reminds me of Bloodborne in that it's VERY difficult at the beginning (well, after the tutorial.)

Game is slicker and faster paced than Dark Souls 2. The music is spectacular.

I have already died over 50 times. Welcome back to Dark Souls.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Soon there, guys and girls

Banzai

Are there many missables in this game? I like to get everything in a playthrough but I'm not gonna look at any guides first time through.
Just wondering if there is a lot of stuff like Licatial (sp?) quests in this one or if it's more like DkS1 where nothing was really missable (which I heavily preferred).

GorillaJu

Are there many missables in this game? I like to get everything in a playthrough but I'm not gonna look at any guides first time through.
Just wondering if there is a lot of stuff like Licatial (sp?) quests in this one or if it's more like DkS1 where nothing was really missable (which I heavily preferred).

Missable NPC quests and the items that go along with them.

fozzy

So glad I managed to stay strong and not spoil myself too much.

I've seen a little bit of footage of the opening area and watched one of the trailers with the bosses.

The trailer was cut quite quick so I can't remember much really.

GorillaJu

Hm. Expected I suppose. I'll just have to play and explore extra carefully. Thanks.

I promise you with 100% conviction that the NPC quests are too obscure to do on your first playthrough. Not only are they difficult to find without being extremely vigilant, there is a correct order to do everything in and if you don't you lose the quest.

Lastly, some NPC quests cannot occur alongside others. You have to which is your priority.

Soon there, guys and girls

Need to work on tuesday...Game unlocks around midnight, right? I guess I'll be destroyed tomorrow. Maybe I'll just make my character. I want to make him look like an exact copy of me...on the other hand a Guts look-alike would be cool.
(Sent you a pm, by the way! ;D)

Disktrasa

Banned
Glad to hear you jump back in. I have heard of lots of folks not taken in from earlier games but eventually won over.

I would still highly recommend playing the others, especially DS1. It is a special game, particularly the DLC.

Yeah, i tried ds2 to ps4, didn't like... Still considering buying ds1 to ps3 because all the praise it gets.

Siegmeyer

My order with TGC was dispatched Friday morning, but unfortunately didn't arrive Saturday. Just a few hours until the postman arrives and the anticipation is killing me. Just done a 20k (exercise) bike ride, now I think I'll get the hoover out and give the living room a blast. Can't sit still!

Demons Souls was 👌🏻
Dark Souls was eh
2 is boring and bloodborne is great

Do I get this one?

Wat.

Demon Souls is eh.

Dark Souls is GOAT. Arguably one of the best videogames ever made.

Dark Souls 2 is fantastic, albeit strangely dissimilar. It offers something worth experiencing regardless.

Bloodborne is a beautiful, nigh unplayable mess that really shouldn't have been relegated to PS4 exclusivity. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Bloodborne. Unfortunately, the frame pacing issues made it impossible for me to play more than a few hours.

Impulsor

Same, I can't decide.

I wanna do a str build, so yeah, dunno what to do. I suppose warrior would be the wiser choice in the long run.

Nere

Wat.

Demon Souls is eh.

Dark Souls is GOAT. Arguably one of the best videogames ever made.

Dark Souls 2 is fantastic, albeit strangely dissimilar. It offers something worth experiencing regardless.

Bloodborne is a beautiful, nigh unplayable mess that really shouldn't have been relegated to PS4 exclusivity. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy Bloodborne. Unfortunately, the frame pacing issues made it impossible for me to play more than a few hours.

Saying bloodborne is unplayable is an exaggeration.

hichanbis

Banned
With my brother we tried a Dex/Bleed run with a thief + bandit dagger. It was fun and we arrived at the
second
boss,
Vordt
. And guess what, like the
first
boss, the son of a b***** can't bleed :(

I really hope it won't be the case for most of the bosses because it's really not fun to kill a boss with a dagger, especially when you can't parry him.

Impulsor

Saying bloodborne is unplayable is an exaggeration.

I myself, do notice the framepacing, but it never posed a problem for getting my platinum. I enjoyed the game a lot and never thought it's as bad as people said it was.

This said, this will be the first time I play a Souls game @ 60fps on my PC.

So IDK, I may vomit or get sick or something if I play bloodborne after playing DS3 on PC.

:p

Nere

I myself, do notice the framepacing, but it never posed a problem for getting my platinum. I enjoyed the game a lot and never thought it's as bad as people said it was.

This said, this will be the first time I play a Souls game @ 60fps on my PC.

So IDK, I may vomit or get sick or something if I play bloodborne after playing DS3 on PC.

:p

Same, fps drops were noticeable sometimes but nothing that hindered my enjoyment with the game. Only when I checked gaf did I found out that people had such a problem with fps drops and were saying the game is unplayable due to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom