• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Late post, but Im going to make some art to chronicle my playthrough of the game (as much as I can) Stayed up late to finish the first piece. Wanted to share before I went to bed and woke up for work in 5 hours, aaah

tumblr_o5m89nSB1Y1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Auctopus

What is the level recommended to fight
Nameless King
and
the 2 princes at Lothric Castle
?
I'm lvl 80 and they kick my ass :(

Level 80 is way higher than you need, where have you been putting those skill points? ~SL50 is final boss time.

Late post, but Im going to chronicle my playthrough of the game (as much as I can) and stayed up late to finish the first piece. Wanted to share before I went to bed and woke up for work in 5 hours, aaah

Yesssssssss. You were the guy who had the thread of sick Souls art weren't you? Cause this already feels a step above that.

yuraya

The fight with the
Abyss Watchers
is so incredible.
The concept behind it and how they are just in there killing each other over n over again until you show up is so good. You just can't help but think of all the players who been playing these games over the years and dying so many times. Now with this fight its the same. Its almost as every Souls player is an Abyss Watcher. They did such a great job with it and the music. Glad I was playing with my headphones when I walked inside that fog gate for the first time.

Easily one of my most favorite fights in the series along with O&S and Artorias.

pupcoffee

Was really enjoying these fancy new enemies until the environment gave way to more trash mobs. I'm a little tired of the game because it's lacking tension. There could be a few more hard enemy encounters between checkpoints. Bonfires reliably appear after long quiet moments and mild stretches of enemies, I'm basically predicting them every time. It doesn't necessarily feel like Dark Souls or Demon's Soul were less generous with checkpoints. I think it is more to do with the way a lot of the bonfires simply become useless pretty quickly.

NEO0MJ

Three tries to take down the tree that likes to spread its legs. Parrying sure is fun though, especially with the Uchigatana. Too bad my success rate is like 1%.

Go for the dangling nuts! Bust them and release their juice upon the battlefield!

G_Berry

Banned
How do I do the covenant stuff? I'm with
watchdogs of Farron
but have no idea how this works. Farmed a bunch of mats to offer them but how does the online work? Am I meant to attach people? And how?!

Moff

I am a pyro and I am using my pyro flame in the right hand with the shield in the left hand, am I doing it wrong? are most people using the flame in the left hand together with a weapon like the game tells you to?

vac

Neo Member
If you guys could stop posting so much that'd be great! Practically a full time job keeping up with this thread...I'm supposed to be doing my real job
cry.gif

Auctopus

I am a pyro and I am using my pyro flame in the right hand with the shield in the left hand, am I doing it wrong? are most people using the flame in the left hand together with a weapon like the game tells you to?

Pyro/Sword in right - Shield in left.

co1onel

Late post, but Im going to make some art to chronicle my playthrough of the game (as much as I can) Stayed up late to finish the first piece. Wanted to share before I went to bed and woke up for work in 5 hours, aaah

Wow this is stunning. Can't wait to see what else you make throughout the game.

Demo85

Banned
Well I goofed, got a question
Got all the way to Irithyll without getting the Doll from the Cathedral, got so confused I googled it and had all the locations spoiled for me. So I figure while i'm here, how the heck do you get to the Consumed Kings Garden? Only other way I know out of High Wall is if you kill Dancer and go up the ladder

...now I feel stupid for not changing from the default.
I always get hit because I've swapped my shield out lol.

Derpot

Level 80 is way more than enough for both of those two bosses.

Not sure about the first but I was about 70 at the second and beat it.

Level 80 is way higher than you need, where have you been putting those skill points? ~SL50 is final boss time.

What. Really.

Well, in this run, I focused on STR/DEX and I dunno, they're goddamn horrible.
I guess it means I need to git gud. Urgh. I hate bosses who have 2 phases like those.

Wow, this is amazing! Love the coloring!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
old demon king
down with summons, I dont even care, fuck this zone (lol)

d00d3n

A question regarding removing the dark sigil: I noticed that I got to keep the stat bonuses after removing my five sigils. So essentially, you pay to level up the five levels that the stat bonuses would have cost? I didn't keep track of my level, but I assume that removing the sigils raised my level by 5 as well?

Styles

Just realised that *mid(or late? no idea) game boss spoilers*
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods is a mixture of Gwyndolin and Nashandra.

Loves it.

Auctopus

What. Really.

Well, in this run, I focused on STR/DEX and I dunno, they're goddamn horrible.
I guess it means I need to git gud. Urgh. I hate bosses who have 2 phases like those.

I focused on STR/DEX too. More STR then DEX then upgraded my broadsword to a +9 Heavy.

Nameless King
is considered one of the trickiest in the game,
Lothric
I found to be one of the easiest. That doesn't mean that I did him first time though!

You basically wanna play it safe in the first fight 'cause he's pretty easy and the only thing to look out for is the Light beam attack and the teleport. He has quite a long recovery phase after his big attacks so there's plenty of time to get a couple swings in.

In the second phase, you want to be doing all your damage on his back. That way you do more damage to his brother. As soon as the big one dies, 2h your weapon and lay the smack down on the younger brother.

J-Skee

Another question: can weapon gems be moved around like in Bloodborne or once you infuse them, it's permanent to that weapon?

d00d3n

Another question: can weapon gems be moved around like in Bloodborne or once you infuse them, it's permanent to that weapon?

There is a special gem for removing other gems. I believe that the gems you remove are destroyed, though ...

Styles

One major annoyance I have with the game thus far is the constant FREEZING every time it autosaves. I hope From patches it asap, because it is SO distracting.

Alric

A picture two other Gaffers drew of the same scene. Click the picture to see more of their stuff.

Zocano

I've died about 20 times trying to fight 2 of these things down in a some sort of basement. It's impossible. I know there is some good treasure.

pro-tip: use a bow and pull only the back right one and only fight in the corner you enter from

problem solved!

From has a tendency to put secret shit behind bullshit encounters that aren't reasonable by any standard (even by the git-gud standard).

pro-tip: use a bow and pull only the back right one and only fight in the corner you enter from

problem solved!

From has a tendency to put secret shit behind bullshit encounters that aren't reasonable by any standard (even by the git-gud standard).

Can it get alerted once I do that?

Zocano

Can it get alerted once I do that?

As long as you keep to the corner and out of its sightline you're fine. Second you move a bit too far forward, you get the aggro. You need to make sure you pull the first from as far away as possible because you don't want the second one to see you at all.

King_Moc

Banned
Was
Wolnir
a real fight? Because I'm not sure
he even has attacks
. Looked scary as hell though.

I found that if you went for his left hand (your right) first, then his second phase is quite tough (he gets a sword, and it's very hard to get attacks in). If you go for his right first, then he's a complete pushover.

jaekeem

Just realised that *mid(or late? no idea) game boss spoilers*
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods is a mixture of Gwyndolin and Nashandra.

Loves it.

actually
aldrich ate gwyndolin

Well I goofed, got a question
Got all the way to Irithyll without getting the Doll from the Cathedral, got so confused I googled it and had all the locations spoiled for me. So I figure while i'm here, how the heck do you get to the Consumed Kings Garden? Only other way I know out of High Wall is if you kill Dancer and go up the ladder

that is the only way to reach that area

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
someone help me kill this fucking
giant sword guy in smouldering lake
before I lose my mind? ;_;

you can set up passwords for summons now right?

Zocano

I found this enemy the hardest in the game. I'm yet to actually kill one.

If you stand by its hind legs and hack away it will pretty consistently only do the one swiping back attack so all you have to really do is get a feel for that attack and done. They're all trivial after that point.

lock on is not your friend a crutch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom