• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

Anyone having problem getting summoned? It failed more than twice for me and it takes forever, it seems to be back to the DK1 dark days.
Are they having server problems or what? Shame cause DkS2 was so good in that regard.
You'd get summoned in seconds almost every time.

Edit: failed 4 times, actually.

Zocano

Pretty sure none of the enemies there respawn forever, tho. Some respawn once or twice and that's it.

Terrible area though, I agree with you there.

I would have liked it to be more... catacomb-y. I thought a different but similar area did that much better as far as being maze-like and confusing.

Honestly that area could be the teleport and a fog door to
Nameless King
and be the best area in the game other than Lothric Castle.

I'm not as hype on that fight as others are. I prefer (late-game optional boss)
Champion Gundyr
much more. Subsequent playthroughs tempers my enjoyment of that area.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why havent I bought a million arrows yet? am I stupid?

I even have the
dragonrider
bow AND the stats to use it

aravuus

I even have the
dragonrider

Yes you are

Being able to pick off enemies from a distance and/or baiting them one by one makes some of the more gank squad esque encounters sooo much easier

e: how did you get the bow btw?

Zocano

I've said it before in the import OT but the game, while consistently good, never hit any of the series' highs. But consistently good is in turn a really good quality to have when Dark Souls 1 and 2 both fail pretty well at that.

e: how did you get the bow btw?

It's deep within an optional area (midd-ish game)

Only dipping my toe into this thread because I'm playing 100% blind. Is the PS4 video sharing switched off for this game? Or is it just something up with my individual PS4? Because when I press share it only shows the last game I played.

Sorry if it's already been brought up. I'm super weird when it comes to spoilers so won't dare read too much in here yet

Make a blessed long sword (or weapon of choice) just to use to finish off mobs.

Thanks, but the problem with the idea is I still don't have the items that would even hint to the existence of blessed weapons and Catacombs are my only way to progress.

NO, don't spoil where and how, Just as a fact, I can't take advantage of the advice, but still thank you

Sizzel

I DID IT IM THE GREATEST!

Welcome to sweet, sweet FUGS city. Even after the last JPN update ATR nerf it still wrecks. I skipped through two-handed ( initially to lower STR reqs and later because it was awesome) +5 and just crushed everything. Spec for strength, get your rings on and laugh at everything from here on out. Pale pine resin FTW.

Brakke

Banned
Welcome to sweet, sweet FUGS city. Even after the last JPN update ATR nerf it still wrecks. I skipped through two-handed ( initially to lower STR reqs and later because it was awesome) +5 and just crushed everything. Spec for strength, get your rings on and laugh at everything from here on out. Pale pine resin FTW.

This post is totally incomprehensible. Use actual words, my dude.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

I dont like it :/

Ive fallen out of love with giant (well super giant) swords this time around after doing it in DS1 and 2.

speaking of, where do you find the weapon infuse for other stats (like dex on a str weapon), I hear its the best infuse (only infuse? I cant do the others) for the
Wolf Knight Greatsword
which is my favorite weapon and I dont think im going to be changing tbh.

which means I should start putting points into dex aswell, how does that work? you need to have str and dex at the same number for that infuse?

Firelink Shrine near the end of the game.

I talked to
the Firekeeper and she said Ludleth was witholding information on something that was precious to the Firekeepers
. Anyone know what she's talking about?

KeRaSh

Guys, guys.
Wolf Knight's Greatsword
or
Farron Greatsword?

Haha, I think I've spent around an hour or two trying to decide between those two yesterday and I think I'm going with the
WKGS
. It's a little shorter but faster and uses less stamina than the other one. I really like both movesets so neither of them has an advantage there. The one I prefer has a nice long stab as the R2 move so it makes up for the shorter reach.

2AdEPT

geez I died a lot more on
Vordt
than I am willing to admit...then there's this guy who did him with the first weapon he finds or something...it was a shield.

I even have the
dragonrider

I gave the friggin Loretta bone to that vendor guy from the settlement and now he is so depressed he wont sell me my fire arrows anymore!!! Combined with the fire clutch ring I was a boss for a while...fun while it lasted. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Day 3 regarding my Steam code being scratched away and still no response from Namco Bandai support

Bunch of incompetent fuck heads, holy shit what a disaster of a publisher.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man I was loving this but the
catacombs
&
burning lake/demon ruins 2.0
are sucking the fun out. I can't even lvl easy cuz nothing gives much souls. I'm only lvl 43 but I don't think I can go anywhere else but the two bosses in the zones.

I need a new secondary I think. Claymore is too big for corredors and fire sword is useless. More farming :/

Rhaknar

so apparently the
wolf knight greatsword
cant be infused. well shit :/

jaekeem

What's up with Y
hor
m? I picked up the sword and the thing does no damage at all.

spoiler on how it works, don't read if you wanna figure it out

hold down l2 and charge and press an attack while ur holding it down. u do this wind attack that takes off 1/5 his hp

Am I missing something or do a lot of the greatswords feel awful in pve?

Like They don't seem to knock a lot of the armored mobs into a stagger/hitstun like they used to do in DS1 and DS2.

Feel free to suggest weapons to try i'm at the end of game and have 40 str/40 dex.

pa22word

so apparently the
wolf knight greatsword
cant be infused. well shit :/

Special weapons usually can't throughout the series =\

Am I missing something or do a lot of the greatswords feel awful in pve?

Like They don't seem to knock a lot of the armored mobs into a stagger/hitstun like they used to do in DS1 and DS2.

Feel free to suggest weapons to try i'm at the end of game and have 40 str/40 dex.

Weapon arts seem to be pretty useful for STR weapons, might try that? I know most weapons that have the stance > stinger can be pretty deadly.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Haha, I think I've spent around an hour or two trying to decide between those two yesterday and I think I'm going with the
WKGS
. It's a little shorter but faster and uses less stamina than the other one. I really like both movesets so neither of them has an advantage there. The one I prefer has a nice long stab as the R2 move so it makes up for the shorter reach.

Yeah I did the same. I think it has more utility overall.

Auctopus

Alright, and
can I also roll through big brother's light beam sword attack of death? I haven't tried that yet.

Sorry for the late reply. No, you can't. You'll have to roll to the side.
When he raises his sword, lock on and strafe to the side and roll as the sword comes down

Day 3 regarding my Steam code being scratched away and still no response from Namco Bandai support

Bunch of incompetent fuck heads, holy shit what a disaster of a publisher.

Only thing they've done right is release this...

13029619_1074468939292816_6935566634731981273_o.jpg

vocab

I feel like you need to have a second quick weapon if you go ultragreat sword. There's some enemies that dont give a shit about your big ass weapon.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You've got quite a lot to do still, don't worry :p

Just reached U
ntended Graves
(late game optional area,
pretty cheap they recycled the beginning area :/
) and lol, you can summon
Katana dude
there as a phantom! Let's see how this goes :D

Welp,
Champion Gundyr
certainly was underhwelming,
didn't even transform. But Katana dude didn't do anything either, expected him to pull of some cool moves
;_;

E: Actually scratch my remark about the area, once you get past the boss, it gets pretty interesting. Will definitely have to read up what the lore behind this is

Yeah, there's some cool lore reasons for that area.

Ark

Fuck this fucking piece of shit game.

Abyss Watchers phase 2 is TOTAL BULLSHIT. He fucking mirror rolls and his aoe is fucking infinite I swear. I've been on this guy for over an hour already, had to rage quit. I've never had this much trouble with a boss in any Souls game. Jesus fucking christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom