• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so is there any hidden zone like the painting world that no sane person would discover how to enter it?

jaekeem

so is there any hidden zone like the painting world that no sane person would discover how to enter it?

there's one hidden zone that I probably never would've discovered without knowing the mechanic behind its opening

the rest are pretty straightforward imo

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I see. Alright then

edit: this doesn't work like the other
battle arts I've seen. Thought it was like the straight swords

Yeah, you have to charge it, basically, before letting loose.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'd say A
rchdragon
P
eak
qualifies, no way that I would have been able to figure out how to get there without a guide.
there's one hidden zone that I probably never would've discovered without knowing the mechanic behind its opening

the rest are pretty straightforward imo
na no new tricks, you'll know what area you need to get to and later on youll know how :p
Eeeeh. Not really.

lol so which is it :D

Zocano

It's only obscure in that you kinda have to (suuuuper vague thing about optional area location but I think it's hardly that even at all just spoilering just in case)
go back over an old area but it's actually kinda straight forward otherwise.

Skii

Does anyone else on PC have a glitch where comparing items doesn't show which stat is better or worse with the blue/red colours? It must be a glitch as there is no other buttons for comparing.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
guys with good memory, remember in
smouldering lake
, when you go all the way down pass the
rats and frogs
, basically on your way to
turn off the spear machine
. there was a little path on the left leading down that has a
npc with a gigantic sword and shield
. That guy... REKS MY SHIT. is there anything down there that I need to worry about?

Also, is that
giant worm
even killable? I mean im sure it is but how?

Man FUCK this zone

1) that guy is a piece of shit, and actually magically killed himself in the lava in my game.

2) Stand on the side of the fog door on the raised stone. When he comes up, wait for him to stop moving and smack him. He'll never turn to attack that side.

thetrin

Does anyone else on PC have a glitch where comparing items doesn't show which stat is better or worse with the blue/red colours? It must be a glitch as there is no other buttons for comparing.

Do you mean comparing stuff in the shop with what you're wearing? If so, that's not a glitch. It's just an oversight in all versions.

I think the one others are saying is super easy to never figure out.

Skii

Do you mean comparing stuff in the shop with what you're wearing? If so, that's not a glitch. It's just an oversight in all versions.

No, I'm talking about two items that you actually own. I got an armour drop from one of those knights in the high wall of lothric area and couldn't even compare it with my current armour. The lack of colour makes it really hard to quickly judge whether a new item is better than what you're wearing :/

It definitely is a glitch though as I've watched videos of other players that are able to compare properly... unless they've reassigned the button needed for comparing now.

Rhaknar

aw man you cant tell the lady that
you killed horace
? oh well at least she gave me the
evil eye ring
, I was wondering if it was in the game (or actually, where it was, because at this point im assuming every past item is in the game) I guess her quest is over?

also to whoever asked earlier where I got
dragonrider bow
, it was somewhere in
smouldering lake
, not sure where, that place is a jumble of emotions in my head

Whelp, at least I now know what is the worst Souls boss battle ever

How do you like fighting giant skeleton, with spawning small (most of them invinsible) skeletons that can clip and send you into him just by moving his arm, because of the weird physics...
Oh and good luck figuring which skeletons are real, there's absoolutely no tell...

Randam

Destroy the lone bracelet first (the one on the boss's right hand), move on to the other hand, destroy the first bracelet of that hand and then start moving back to where you spawned. When he has one bracelet left. That's always been the moment he starts moving up (and thus bringing the fog forwards) for me, and when he finally stops, the fog shouldn't be a problem anymore.

e:
no fuck, didn't realize you were talking about the breathing part. With that one, just stay around under his head/between his hands, a bit down
got him now.
got lucky (like I seem to always do at one point) and I could attack his hands when near his body without getting onshoted buy the fog.

I sometimes think I just got lucky at one point and that is why I beat the bosses.

even now, I still have trouble with bosses I fought a dozent times.
Fuck catacombs... At least first DkS 1 had a decensy to have necromancers that you can kill to stop respawning

they respawn?

jaekeem

Whelp, at least I now know what is the worst Souls boss battle ever

How do you like fighting giant skeleton, with spawning small (most of them invinsible) skeletons that can clip and send you into him just by moving his arm, because of the weird physics...
Oh and good luck figuring which skeletons are real, there's absoolutely no tell...

wait, what?

when I fought him all the skeletons he summoned were visible and real. just zergrush him down. he dies pretty fast.

ramyeon

Minor Irina of Carim spoilers.

Shit. I accidentally gave Irina one of the forbidden tomes that I found in Cathedral of the Deep. Am I screwed?

Shifty

Man, invading is so fun. I decided to give it a go for the first time after meeting the (early game NPC)
suspicious individual near the high throne in firelink
. Now I've killed (early-mid game enemy)
the darkwraith in Londor
and am rolling with a proper red eye orb.

Can't believe I never gave the online a proper look-in for Dark 1 and Bloodborne. Such fun.

Deku Tree

In the beginning of the wall. At the start of the game. How do I beat those guys that transform into a big shadow worm thing and bash you? Or w/e they are called. They rush really fast and two shot me. They move out of my camera area and smash me and I'm dead in like a second. Feels cheap. I just avoid them so far and run past.

Finishing up the game today I hope. Currently at..

Dragonslayer Armor seems reasonably fun. Died a few times getting the timing down for my GS hits. Wish I could have that armor.

Vorheez

Wow... Just got to
Boreal Valley
, and it might be the most impressive view in the series. Gorgeous.

Would you say I'm about halfway done?

Rhaknar

yooo the heal from the
evil eye ring
is actually super substancial, loving it

Moonkid

Got it today, finally! The first few areas were a little underwhelming for me aesthetically. The design is there in spades, pretty massive areas too, but it reminded me of Bloodborne a little too much. Having said that, I did love seeing more Berserk influences and a bit more blatant at that too. As far as settings go, can I expect things to get more varied? It's not doing much for me so far which is a bit of a bummer.

Skii

Yeah I'm definitely experiencing a glitch when comparing items. That fucking sucks I'm going to be against switching items because of the effort I need to go through to compare items. That massively ruins a Souls experience.

So, I defeated the idiot, but it was annoying. Luckily I recorded it. If I upload it, can somebody add Benny Hill music ot it? Cuz that's what the battle was like

Running away from skeletons in a circle

Rhaknar

why would I rush to get my souls? You always die when you rush

why would I rush?

ramyeon

Fashion Souls!
9KZeUfh.jpg
Loving this getup, reminds me of my outfit I used throughout the majority of Bloodborne - Knight set with Cainhurst Armour leggings and bracers.

In the beginning of the wall. At the start of the game. How do I beat those guys that transform into a big shadow worm thing and bash you? Or w/e they are called. They rush really fast and two shot me. They move out of my camera area and smash me and I'm dead in like a second. Feels cheap. I just avoid them so far and run past.

either kill them before they transform or stand back and firebomb them; they are weak to fire

vladdamad

The view from the bonfire right before the very final boss (I presume) is one of the most awe-inspiring things I've seen in a video game. Absolutely breathtaking.

Rhaknar

lol that
lizard in the lake (the one that chases you on the bridge earlier)
in the
snowy village
can actually 1 shot me if im not embered. what the fuck

Man that was messed up. After I beat Y
horm
I got
teleported and landed myself straight into another boss fight with the Dancer. I used a homeward bone to get the fuck out of there but then I had no idea where the boss room was. Had to it up. It really should have said you zoned to the High Wall. Anyway that was kind of a weird fight, it was easy and difficult at the same time. The difficulty owing to the obscene damage output it has in the second phase. I could be doing really well then I get hit once, have to find a way to fit in a heal and while I was trying to do that I'd get bopped. Took about 5 shots to get it down. The black phantom right after the boss fight was ridiculous.

Zocano

why would I rush to get my souls? You always die when you rush

why would I rush?

Souls begin to mean nothing and are easy to be viewed as superfluous when you start think of them in terms of X minutes of farming. I broke that chain of pressure back in Demon's Souls days when I just equated every soul loss with simple X runs of 4-2 reaper.

Also viewing levels as padding to make the game easier rather than a necessary step to success helps too.

usp84

In the location C
athedral of the Deep
the was a big room with a single object in it.
Then out of nowhere a creepy spider like being appeared adn it scared the shit out of me
so i didnt see what the thing i picked up was.Does anyone remember what it was?

psychotron

Do you lose HP with every death in this one? I'm not seeing a marker on my health bar showing the loss. I've only died twice so far, but still.

aravuus

That's the worst article about Dark Souls ever, and games in general, holy shit. (German)
http://www.zeit.de/digital/games/2016-04/dark-souls-3-hardcore-gamer-casual

Well, now I'm gonna need a translation!

Surely there's at least one bored GermanGAFfer here

lol that
lizard in the lake (the one that chases you on the bridge earlier)
in the
snowy village
can actually 1 shot me if im not embered. what the fuck

Yeah, have fun with that one lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom