• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorheez

In the location C
athedral of the Deep
the was a big room with a single object in it.
Then out of nowhere a creepy spider like being appeared adn it scared the shit out of me
so i didnt see what the thing i picked up was.Does anyone remember what it was?
Pretty sure it was a ring, if I remember correctly

Ummm....
Why does patches have the Catarina set? He better not have killed my onion bro

Man that was messed up. After I beat Y
horm
I got
teleported and landed myself straight into another boss fight with the Dancer. I used a homeward bone to get the fuck out of there but then I had no idea where the boss room was. Had to it up. It really should have said you zoned to the High Wall. Anyway that was kind of a weird fight, it was easy and difficult at the same time. The difficulty owing to the obscene damage output it has in the second phase. I could be doing really well then I get hit once, have to find a way to fit in a heal and while I was trying to do that I'd get bopped. Took about 5 shots to get it down. The black phantom right after the boss fight was ridiculous.

But you already had to visit the room and talk to the NPC to progress after Vordt, it should have been pretty obvious where you were.

Deku Tree

either kill them before they transform or stand back and firebomb them; they are weak to fire

Can I set the firebombs to a button on the controller without going into my menu? I couldn't figure out how to do that. It's kinda hard to throw firebombs when I have to surf the menus to get to them each time.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, have fun with that one lol

................ he had just a SLIVER left and I panicked and started mashing. When does panick mashing work in souls games fam? Ill tell you when. NEVER thats when.

FUCK

derFeef

Well, now I'm gonna need a translation!

Surely there's at least one bored GermanGAFfer here

He's bascially saying "Hardcore gamers" need DS3 as some kind of self-gratification and hate "Casual games" and "Casual gamers" wo think it's too hard. Then he throws a bit of Gamergate on top of it because reasons. I almost puked.

edit: for some reason he thinks Dark Souls is a way to monetize without giving a reason or examples.

psychotron

No, you only lose embered status and the buffs that come with it. If you die unembered then you just lose your souls.

That's pretty great. So I can just save embers for bosses when I may need to summon. Even though Human Effigy's were plentiful in DS2, it did suck losing health each death. I had to keep a ring equipped the whole time to reduce the amount of hollowing per death. Now if I can just find a ring of regeneration early on I think I'll be set.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is there a drawback to taking free levels off that guy in the shrine?

5 bosses down! Only 2 have managed to kill me so far lol.

Iudex Gundyr
Vordt
Cursed Greatwood
Crystal Sage
Abyss Watchers

Now onto the Cathedral.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
eat shit
lizard cunt motherfucker
. heart is racing lol >_<

I like these mini-boss type mobs

Randam

In the beginning of the wall. At the start of the game. How do I beat those guys that transform into a big shadow worm thing and bash you? Or w/e they are called. They rush really fast and two shot me. They move out of my camera area and smash me and I'm dead in like a second. Feels cheap. I just avoid them so far and run past.

kill them befor the transform.

5 bosses down! Only 2 have managed to kill me so far lol.

Iudex Gundyr
Vordt
Cursed Greatwood
Crystal Sage
Abyss Watchers

Now onto the Cathedral.

mine would be

But you already had to visit the room and talk to the NPC to progress after Vordt, it should have been pretty obvious where you were.

I don't know about that. I talked to what's her face then took one step forward and a boss fight triggered. Didn't get my bearings at all. I looked around Irythll first based on the bosses name and didn't turn up anything. I'd spent all of 5 seconds in that room before, it isn't particularly recognizable, especially if there's a boss on your ass.

ys45

So I started this yesterday managed to beat first boss without dying but holy shit, for a first boss it was far from being a push over .

Some enemies are fast as in Bloodborne but the problem is I feel like I'm slow compared to them .
So I'm having a hard time with the
Knights
in the first area they hit freaking fast and unbalance me easily with the 3 hit combo and if I try to roll out of the way I end up running out of stamina , actually I end up out of stamina in both methods .

Also that
Katana undead
near the shrine how the hell are you suppose to beat that thing ?

Is there a drawback to taking free levels off that guy in the shrine?

Free levels at

First time you accept a free level.
Die twice and return.
Die four times and return.
Die eight times and return.
Die sixteen times and return.

Then I think something new happens.

And the hollowing can be reversed, it not cheap.

Boogdud

I'm not real far into the game, just to the crucifixion swamp (nhl playoffs, yadda). Anyway, I'm getting really, really sick of fighting friggin undead villagers. I mean ffs 95% of the enemies have been groany undead guys with pitchforks, swords, daggers, trees, whateverthehell else. Is there going to be some relief?

Brohan

This asshole disconnected himself cause i was beating him, so freaking lame.

Didn't get my reward either... 10 minutes down the drain for nothing.

Anybody else had this thing where game only started feeling like Dark Souls game at around
Catacombs area

Previous areas and enemies in them and general pace of the combat they dictated felt more like bloodborne.

Where's the sorcery trainer at?

Had pyro and miracles guys at Firelink for a while but no sorcery.

Don't even use sorcerers but I'm curious.

Siegmeyer

Can I set the firebombs to a button on the controller without going into my menu? I couldn't figure out how to do that. It's kinda hard to throw firebombs when I have to surf the menus to get to them each time.

Yep. Any consumables/throwables can be set to your equipment menu (where your Estus Flasks are), then you can cycle through the equipped items by pressing down on the d-pad. Pressing Square uses whatever item is selected, be it Estus, Firebombs, Throwing knives etc.

Make sure you lock on to an enemy before throwing.

Danielsan

So last night I found the
Pilgrim
in Fire Link Shrine, the guy who offers to
draw out your true strength
lying death in his usual spot.
Is this because I did not let hem do his thing?

Tak3n

Banned
That fucking knight at the bottom on the tower in Undead Settlement
The Frost Guy
can just fuck off!

also loved
the giant fire beast bit

Lakitu

st5fu
Need some help regarding a possible questline and NPC encounter in C
athedral
of the D
eep
:
I was trying to find a way to find a level to access the narrow bridge in the middle of the other two to get access to a point I couldn't get to before. I died exploring and I came up and the lifts were all up. Only to find Onion Knight there, went on the bridge and he tricked me.

The bridge went down and I missed the opening thanks to the fucker. I already killed the giants though and he seemed pissed about it. My question is this, can I find another way to access that bridge again? I saw an enemy or something on the other side.

MicSte79

Neo Member
Can't believe I've never used a Pyromancer in a Souls game before. He kicks ass!

Love cheesing the tough enemies with fire balls. Plus he's handy with a sword too.

Great for n00bs like myself.

Siegmeyer

I found one in
Crucifixion Woods
. He won't talk to me further because my INT is too low, so he hasn't moved to Firelink yet.

GavinGT

Banned
Man that was messed up. After I beat Y
horm
I got
teleported and landed myself straight into another boss fight with the Dancer. I used a homeward bone to get the fuck out of there but then I had no idea where the boss room was. Had to it up. It really should have said you zoned to the High Wall. Anyway that was kind of a weird fight, it was easy and difficult at the same time. The difficulty owing to the obscene damage output it has in the second phase. I could be doing really well then I get hit once, have to find a way to fit in a heal and while I was trying to do that I'd get bopped. Took about 5 shots to get it down. The black phantom right after the boss fight was ridiculous.

It was even worse pre-release. It put you into the next fight but didn't teleport you, and then if you left you had even less idea where to look for that boss again.

cyba89

H
igh Lord Wolnir
is down. Boss was good but I was not a fan of that area. Now either try the
Old Demon King
again or do the
Irithyll
area first.

Rhaknar

oh boy... P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
is gonna be one of those bosses isnt he? ;_;

I'm not real far into the game, just to the crucifixion swamp (nhl playoffs, yadda). Anyway, I'm getting really, really sick of fighting friggin undead villagers. I mean ffs 95% of the enemies have been groany undead guys with pitchforks, swords, daggers, trees, whateverthehell else. Is there going to be some relief?
Oh don't you worry. That shit changes and pretty soon.

You'll see some shit.

Brohan

Does the lingering dragoncrest ring work with miracles? It says that it increases the duration of spells.

Edit: Yes it does. Increased the duration from 60 seconds to about 75.

I love it!

Its a great callback and a nice gesture to those who never bought a PS4 and played Bloodborne

You at least get a taste of what you missed

Also go buy a PS4 and play Bloodborne

zma1013

I was having a lot of trouble with the first area but then I got a good shield and have been trucking along ever since. The second area seems quite a bit easier at the moment. The enemies pose very little threat it seems.

Can I make One tiny Nitpick?

WHy did they kill the Binoculars/Crossbow combo!

You can take any actions while in binoculars now and crossbows force you to load every bolt... whats the incentive to use them? They dont seem to be superior to longbows in anyway now

Jack cw

I was having a lot of trouble with the first area but then I got a good shield and have been trucking along ever since. The second area seems quite a bit easier at the moment. The enemies pose very little threat it seems.

Just wait until the
fat ladies
and
giants
with the
saw cleavers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom