• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaekeem

seriosuly what am I missing on
Aldricht
? when he/she has like 25% left I cant do anything, its just
wisp / arrow / lasers spam
, there no break? I dont get it

are you focusing on attacking his tail? after you dodge his spell barrages just zerg rush down his tail. he's pretty squishy from my experience, and all of his attacks are pretty slow/have long wind ups so they aren't too hard to dodge.

Could anyone point me towards the
sun bro
alter. I got plenty of
medals
and nowhere to offer them?

the alter is found *lategame boss spoiler*
right across from the dragonslayer armour boss fog gate

Skatterd

Thanks!

Good to know

Have any insight on summon restrictions in certain zones? We could not get 2 summons in the Path of Sacrifice. When we alternated our sign would show up instantly but never both at the same time

Im guessing certain zones restrict capacity?

Summoning 2 phantoms? There's a few places where you can't summon at all (White Soapstone will be greyed out) but I'm guessing the signs have to cycle through. Summon one person and then have 2nd put sign down. If it doesn't show up, set a new password to summon them and reapply

Also worth noting that you have to use a dried finger to summon 3 phantoms.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are you focusing on attacking his tail? after you dodge his spell barrages just zerg rush down his tail. he's pretty squishy from my experience, and all of his attacks are pretty slow/have long wind ups so they aren't too hard to dodge.

what you said applies till 25% like I said but then its just spell spam and I have to dodge all the time. clearly im doing something wrong

Last night the
wraith
in the poison swamp area dropped its
armor
. Do you know if you can get the complete set by returning and farming it?

If you continue to the end of the swamp area
you should come across a bonfire with two darkwraiths very close by. That bonfire is also a nice little souls farming spot depending on your progress

what you said applies till 25% like I said but then its just spell spam and I have to dodge all the time. clearly im doing something wrong

The biggest threat is the
arrow shower which you'll have to run away from. I'm not sure if there's an exploding aoe attack but that'd count as well. Other than that just get in there and go ham. I was surprised that it just let me go nuts but that seemed to work

Nephtes

Speaking of connections to DS2, I'm not sure where
Mirrah
fits into DS3's world but I'm glad their swag armor is in the game.

I'm still on the lookout for the
Faaram set
that keeps popping up in the loading screens along with DS2s tag line of belonging to knights that have "Gone beyond death".

Best set in DS2. Can't wait to see its next gen look.

myco666

seriosuly what am I missing on
Aldricht
? when he/she has like 25% left I cant do anything, its just
wisp / arrow / lasers spam
, there no break? I dont get it

Try staying close to Aldrich. If you are far away from him he will spam all those projectiles. When he does the arrows try looping the arena so that you end up rather close to him. The melee stuff he does is pretty easy to dodge.

what-ok

the alter is found *lategame boss spoiler*
right across from the dragonslayer armour boss fog gate

Thanks. I am only at the Abyss Watchers. I guess I will be able to max the covenant once I get there. (=

Dimmle

I'm still on the lookout for the
Faaram set
that keeps popping up in the loading screens along with DS2s tag line of belonging to knights that have "Gone beyond death".

Best set in DS2. Can't wait to see its next gen look.
Faaram
set is so good. DS2 was a top tier Fashion Souls.

E92 M3

from what I've read basically

aldrich was a saint that made a habit out of eating people. eventually, he ate so many over time that he slowly transformed into a gelatinous blob. he ends up eating gwyndolin through the help of pontiff sullyvan, whom detests the old gods. as he devoured gwyndolin aldrich had dreams of priscilla, and uses her scythe as an attack when you fight him. he also ate nito I think, you can see nito in his model right below gwyndolin.

Thanks, that is very interesting.
Pontiff sounds like a real douche lol

THIS GAME

HAS THE SPOOKIEST AND SCARIEST
SKELETON BOSS
I HAVE EVER SEEN

Isn't an awesome atmosphere, though?

take a lightning urn and that drink onion bro gives you also to trade remember it DS2 style trade use leave wait for dialogue end pick up DO NOT QUIT RELOAD

Oh yeah,
I've traded a lot, but didn't know about the seed

Iorv3th

So I think I got one of the NPC's killed early game after getting L
orettas
bone.
I told greirat that he could go look for items. The guide said that he would be ok in undead settlement but it didn't give me the option of where to send him. I think he might have went further and got killed because I don't have patches yet

Well in Bloodborne they changed it so that you could be any level or gear setup and matchmake regardless

It would just scale the other players to the Host

DS3 does this too? Seems janky sometimes

Yeah I got summoned as a blue sentinel last night to a lower level game and my damage was reduced.

Summoning 2 phantoms? There's a few places where you can't summon at all (White Soapstone will be greyed out) but I'm guessing the signs have to cycle through. Summon one person and then have 2nd put sign down. If it doesn't show up, set a new password to summon them and reapply

Also worth noting that you have to use a dried finger to summon 3 phantoms.

Oh snap so you can summon 3

Can anyone test the summon limits in each area? We had ZERO success summoning 2 phantoms for the
Crystal Mage fight

jonjonaug

So I think I got one of the NPC's killed early game after getting L
orettas
bone.
I told greirat that he could go look for items. The guide said that he would be ok in undead settlement but it didn't give me the option of where to send him. I think he might have went further and got killed because I don't have patches yet
He'll come back after you beat a boss or two I think.

I beat C
hampion
G
rundyr
before. Man he definitely hit the gym
since the tutorial
. Moveset was one of the coolest I've seen. The
shoulder charge
was bullshit to dodge though. Plus he can legit combo you after you get knocked in the air. Fucking crazy

On the N
ameless King
boss fight and it is giving me a real rough time. Probably the most difficult boss I've faced so far. I can get through the first half basically without taking damage but once the delay on attacks in the second half coupled with the fact that he doesn't always follow through on his full combos is making it really hard to predict.

what-ok

If you continue to the end of the swamp area
you should come across a bonfire with two darkwraiths very close by. That bonfire is also a nice little souls farming spot depending on your progress

Thanks. I must have missed it. Any landmarks to look for so I know if I am heading to the
bonfire
at the end of the
swamp area
?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I AM THE GREATEST DARK SOULS III PLAYER IN THE WORLD

at least thats how we all feel after these fucking hard bosses are dead. LET ME HAVE THIS FAM! ;_;

JimmyJones

Banned
I've just managed to beat
High Lord Wolnir and pass the forcefield into Irithyll
. How far into the game am I? I'm not sure if I've missed any bosses or areas so far? I've killed
Iudex, Vordt, Greatwood, Sage, Deacons, Abyss Watchers and Wolnir.
I noticed there's a hidden pathway under the wooden bridge before
Wolnir
. I got wrecked by the fire demon though. Anything good through there?

Thanks, that is very interesting.
Pontiff sounds like a real douche lol

Isn't an awesome atmosphere, though?

[/SPOILER]

Yeah I'm still getting to grips with the lore but
Pontiff is mentioned quite a bit and it seems he has links to other areas. Hopefully we'll see him get fleshed out some more in the DLC, although I wouldn't really want to fight him again. That battle was one of the hardest in the game for me

jaekeem

. How far into the game am I? I'm not sure if I've missed any bosses or areas so far? I've killed
Wolnir

like 35%

there's a
hidden level
down there

E92 M3

Wolnir

Only a whole huge area, nothing too crazy :p

Yeah I'm still getting to grips with the lore but
Pontiff is mentioned quite a bit and it seems he has links to other areas. Hopefully we'll see him get fleshed out some more in the DLC, although I wouldn't really want to fight him again. That battle was one of the hardest in the game for me

Ah yeah, the DLC will be great. He was a really cool fight, though.

Kind of surprising how many people I have encountered that summon help the first time they do a boss fight. I just wish they would skip the damn cutscenes.

Dimmle

Tip for using spoilers: give some quantitative indication of how far you are in the game outside of your spoiler tag or provide context in another way so that we know whether the spoiler is safe on an individual basis.

Also jeers to hosts who hide while their Blue Sentinel does all the work. Cowards!

Rhaknar

so about that easily missable secret / optional zone, have I missed it yet, should I go there, whats going on? Just finished
Anor Londo
and now I guess I have to go to the
Irithyl Dungeon
but I want to know what this zone you guys are talking about is.

Vuze

Cam for the
princes
(last lord of cinder) was a little annoying indeed, but the fight itself was not too bad I think.
Lack of targeting reminded me of MH4U/MHX where you lose the "lock on" when monsters dive or some such haha. Felt equally dis-oriented.

jaekeem

so about that easily missable secret / optional zone, have I missed it yet, should I go there, whats going on? Just finished
Anor Londo
and now I guess I have to go to the
Irithyl Dungeon
but I want to know what this zone you guys are talking about is.

there are
two
that you could easily miss

the first early on
is below the bridge in carthus catacombs. hit the bridge to make it fall and it becomes a ladder

the second is
access through the bottom of the dungeon. but you need to progress further to unlock the necessary "keys"

Butchers Knife any good? At first glance it has an A for STR and it also seems to have a nice and speedy moveset for such a big weapon.

Worthwhile?

Ricker

Anyone try co-op with the White Soapstone yet ?...trying with a friend,it says the client(me who has defeated the boss)needs to use the Stone and the host(friend who hasnt kill boss) is suppose to see the sign so I can join his game,he summons me I guess...we have the password set and all...nothing happens...we tried a few combinations of that but nothing...this is on PS4.

Thanks. I must have missed it. Any landmarks to look for so I know if I am heading to the
bonfire
at the end of the
swamp area
?

It's through the door that opens when you
put out the three flames
. The bonfire also links back to the area where you fight the *enemy spoiler*
Black Knight
in the first part of the swamp.

Rhaknar

there are
two
that you could easily miss

the first early on
is below the bridge in carthus catacombs. hit the bridge to make it fall and it becomes a ladder

the second is
access through the bottom of the dungeon. but you need to progress further to unlock the necessary "keys"

the first one youre talking about is
smouldering lake
and ive done it. As for that second, the "
bottom of the dungeon
" is super vague :eek:

jaekeem

the first one youre talking about is
smouldering lake
and ive done it. As for that second, the "
bottom of the dungeon
" is super vague :eek:

ok read this if you want to know exactly where it is. don't if you want to figure it out for yourself.

there is a place at the bottom of irithyll dungeon where you see a bunch of dead people and a dragon sitting down. you access the secret zone by interacting with that place.

psychotron

I know I'm way behind most but how can I get the
claymore that is apparently on the bridge where the dragon lands and starts spewing fire? Wait for him to shoot the lower area and run up the stairs toward him like mad? Also, I found a cell key...am I correct that it opens that jail cell I found where a guy is just chillin?

Chorazin

Sorry
Slave Giant
, you were a cool guy but that
Hawk Ring
is just too sweet for my archery using dude to pass up. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom