• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

I know I'm way behind most but how can I get the
claymore that is apparently on the bridge where the dragon lands and starts spewing fire? Wait for him to shoot the lower area and run up the stairs toward him like mad? Also, I found a cell key...am I correct that it opens that jail cell I found where a guy is just chillin?

I was able to
eat a fire blast and it didn't even come close to killing me. Plenty of time to pick up all the loot.

And yes it's for the guy in the cell nearby.

myco666

Butchers Knife any good? At first glance it has an A for STR and it also seems to have a nice and speedy moveset for such a big weapon.

Worthwhile?

Didn't really feel like it was a good weapon. Battle Axe did more damage at +4 and is equally fast. Butcher Knife had more reach but didn't really feel worth it when you had to slice one or two times more with it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok read this if you want to know exactly where it is. don't if you want to figure it out for yourself.

there is a place at the bottom of irithyll dungeon where you see a bunch of dead people and a dragon sitting down. you access the secret zone by interacting with that place.

cool

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The first proper boss is incredibly easy. Very strange, uninspired design, too.
Vordt.

C'mon weekend! I haven't had much chance to play and JUST got started on Lothric 2 days ago.

Jealous of you guys that have had a chance to play this quite a bit. LOL

Ricker

Anyone try co-op with the White Soapstone yet ?...trying with a friend,it says the client(me who has defeated the boss)needs to use the Stone and the host(friend who hasnt kill boss) is suppose to see the sign so I can join his game,he summons me I guess...we have the password set and all...nothing happens...we tried a few combinations of that but nothing...this is on PS4

Meneses

i practically went through the game without any problems but this boss seems impossible

nameless king

Yeah, only boss that gave me trouble.

I can give you the same advice someone gave me: try not to panic when dodging, it's easy to get caught in a roll loop and lose position / timing.

It's a hard fight.

Neoweee

Butchers Knife any good? At first glance it has an A for STR and it also seems to have a nice and speedy moveset for such a big weapon.

Worthwhile?

#TeamButchersKnife

I think it is likely to get a nerf, honestly. FUGS was too OP in the initial release and soaked up a lot of flak, but the BK is crazy. Great damage, great scaling, good speed, good poise damage, and it is 40% longer than it has any right to be. It even hits well into its back swing, so fuck aiming. Give it the imbue for even better Strength scaling and go all in.

Honestly, I don't know what is going on with Strength and Dex in this game. I think Strength would be better generally even if it didn't give more damage reduction than non-Vit stats, but it does, so not only do you do a crapload of damage but you also take less damage.

My second playthrough is using Broadsword, which is an awesome weapon that is also kind of like a worse BK.

cheezcake

Sooooo, what's the highest scaling someone's found for dex?
Sharp Great Scythe has A scaling barely gets more damage than a Sharp Uchi with B

mizuk_i

Anyone know how to reach this item? Can see it from above the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire.

dOXLjyS.jpg

Navy Bean

#TeamButchersKnife

I think it is likely to get a nerf, honestly. FUGS was too OP in the initial release and soaked up a lot of flak, but the BK is crazy. Great damage, great scaling, good speed, good poise damage, and it is 40% longer than it has any right to be. It even hits well into its back swing, so fuck aiming. Give it the imbue for even better Strength scaling and go all in.

Honestly, I don't know what is going on with Strength and Dex in this game. I think Strength would be better generally even if it didn't give more damage reduction than non-Vit stats, but it does, so not only do you do a crapload of damage but you also take less damage.

My second playthrough is using Broadsword, which is an awesome weapon that is also kind of like a worse BK.

I used the BK in my first run and it's pretty damn good...but, a STR build with the Greataxe does so much damage it's ridiculous and borderline OP. Plus, I love the look and moveset.

Anyone know if there are some specific ports I should be opening for Dark Souls 3? I've been playing this game since launch but certain times I've felt that the online interaction is low. I've only been invaded twice, my summon signs usually take a decent chunk of time before being used, and in some areas messages don't pop up as often.

Is it because of the time of day I'm playing? I usually play after midnight EST and two nights ago I was standing in front of the
Abyss Watchers fight
(great fight btw, and probably my favorite piece of music in the game so far) and found almost no summon signs, as well as when putting my own sign down, I got summoned after maybe ten minutes of waiting. I even tried at the bonfire and from there all the way until the boss room there were no summon signs.I know it isn't the most populous time but I was thinking the fervor of online activity that comes with a new Dark Souls would leave me no problem finding other players even at such a time.

MicSte79

Neo Member
So if I invade an area and kill an opponent, I am rewarded with an ember AND their souls?

What object do I need to invade another world?

Anyone know how to reach this item? Can see it from above the Dilapidated Bridge bonfire.

dOXLjyS.jpg

You have to go back to the area with all the little dudes that spit darts on you across the rooftops. If you manipulate the camera around that area, you can see the outcropping with the item on it and navigate your way over to it.

GulAtiCa

Fun stuff, not sure I'm a fan of red phantoms being able to heal though.

Me too. Not a fan of co-op people being able to heal too. I guess I prefer the DkS2 method. I hated it in Bloodborne.

Given Jellycrackers had +3 Estus Flasks ready to go and surely an upgraded Large Club (what +# is it?), makes me think he had more of an advantage against the host. Esp if the host was still low level considering the area (considering that's the 2nd main boss (or was for me)).

Though, I might just be jealous, since I have trouble doing 1v3 / 1v4 with a +2 Deep Battle Axe. lol

Mupod

I did recently find the butcher knife but I'm gonna stick to my guns on a quality build. In other gams I always ended up caving, over-leveling and using some heavy ass str weapon with heavy armor and miracles. All I really need is my lothric knight sword and maybe a bow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
went back to kill those
giants
in
cathedral of the deep
. Underwhelming :/

Vanpastel

I have found a weird bug, in
Road of Sacrifices
when I try to lure the attacking NPC to
the second bonfire
the game crashes, three times I tried, three crashes.

E92 M3

You have to go back to the area with all the little dudes that spit darts on you across the rooftops. If you manipulate the camera around that area, you can see the outcropping with the item on it and navigate your way over to it.

Since we're doing this lol, I got some answers last time, but still couldn't find it.

Any tips for this:

y63Yk34.jpg

Mupod

is level 40 with a +3 weapon too high to get summoned at
Abyss Watchers
? I only got one bite last night in 15 minutes whereas other bosses I've been summoned instantly. In sunbros now too whereas before I was only using the regular soapstone.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Anyone try co-op with the White Soapstone yet ?...trying with a friend,it says the client(me who has defeated the boss)needs to use the Stone and the host(friend who hasnt kill boss) is suppose to see the sign so I can join his game,he summons me I guess...we have the password set and all...nothing happens...we tried a few combinations of that but nothing...this is on PS4

I thought you couldn't be summoned to an area where you already killed the boss?

Ferr986

Didn't even notice there was the Season Pass available as a standalone.

Just got it, came with a dynamic theme. It has the title screen music but is somewhat different than the in-game version. I like this version even more!

Rhaknar

wait wait wait a minute

IIrithyll Dungeon
is that fucking place from
Demon's Souls with the tentacle head guys
... is that even legal lol?

Iorv3th

Kind of surprising how many people I have encountered that summon help the first time they do a boss fight. I just wish they would skip the damn cutscenes.

Well if you are in ember form and have a lot of souls why not?

He is in ember form right?

dOXLjyS.jpg

When you first see the mob by the
bonfire go right across the bridge. Don't go through the building but around the right side of it, there are like 5 blow dart guys over there, kill them and take the ladder up and on the right side you can drop off the building to a ledge you can't access any other way. There is a hanging body there with the item, you have to knock it down and then it will be on the ground near the elevator

Farming Wolf's
Blood Swordgrass
:'(

Just found that and am going to start tonight.

I thought you couldn't be summoned to an area where you already killed the boss?

You certainly can. I helped people clear an area and boss I have already beaten. Though I was a sunbro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom