• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladdamad

Finished the game, started a new save in order to co-op some of the early bosses. Am I correct in thinking that once I beat, say,
Vordt
in my own game I will be unable to play the same boss in co-op afterwards? Or can I beat him, make a dash for
Sun
covenant in the next area and come back?

Nephtes

is level 40 with a +3 weapon too high to get summoned at
Abyss Watchers
? I only got one bite last night in 15 minutes whereas other bosses I've been summoned instantly. In sunbros now too whereas before I was only using the regular soapstone.

What I don't understand is, why doesn't From just let anyone be summoned for any fight regardless of level or weapon level and just "scale down" the damage output and damage resistance of the guest phantom?

They clearly do this when you have the password set to allow friends to join up even at VERY disparate levels and progress in the game...

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
26359778211_4f6013fc88_o.png

:p

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
How do you do the jumping attack in DS3, did they change it from DS2?

(not the jump off a ledge attack)

Ferr986

What I don't understand is, why doesn't From just let anyone be summoned for any fight regardless of level or weapon level and just "scale down" the damage output and damage resistance of the guest phantom?

They clearly do this when you have the password set to allow friends to join up even at VERY disparate levels and progress in the game...

That's how it worked in Bloodborne after numerous patchs AFAIK.

I think they'll do it later.

EDIT: Wait, not, thats only for password coop.

Non password still has the level ranges.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's not identical and there aren't any tentacle heads. It's just
FROM Jail Level rev.9.783

dude it even has the
green tint. the layout is almost identical you start in the top level with jailers with lanterns walking around
. If this wasnt a From game, people would say they could get sued lol

sqwarlock

Beat the first boss (Iudex Gundyr) last night. Survived with remaining health no bigger than this symbol: |

Heart was pounding, threatening to burst through my chest. I realized I'd stopped breathing near the end. That feeling is why I love Dark Souls.

the souls series is pretty much critically acclaimed. demon's souls and dark souls both got an 89, dark souls 2 got a 91, and dark souls 3 90.

and bloodborne even though it's not a souls game, same type of game and same dev, got a 92 and...i'm pretty sure is regarded as one of the best Ps4 games

Zaki2407

Okay, just bought the game. Never played souls game before, but I played bloodborne and I love it.
Tried this game for about an hour or so. Gameplay wise, this is Bloodborne 2. It felt so similar. The big difference for now is that you can use shield. So, instead of running and attacking like crazy in Bloodborne, now I can be more strategic and patient during battle. Can't wait to play some more.

Navy Bean

Yeah, I've dropped down there, but still couldn't find the damn thing lol. I must be missing something obvious. Is the item good?

Don't remember, but I assume every item I can't get is a Titanite Slab lol. There is a
Sunbro
sword in the room near where you drop down.

the souls series is pretty much critically acclaimed. demon's souls and dark souls both got an 89, dark souls 2 got a 91, and dark souls 3 90.

and bloodborne even though it's not a souls game, same type of game and same dev, got a 92 and...i'm pretty sure is regarded as one of the best Ps4 games

And it's all very much deserved. They consistently make my favorite games.

inspired is such a dumb and overused non-descriptive word to throw around.

It's not, though. It simply means that the area isn't as good as the Tower of Latria, and it isn't particularly creative since they've made that area a couple of times now. That's not to say it's awful, hence the use of "uninspired."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man I was actually against people saying DS3 was too fan service-y but yeah, after
Anor Londo
and now this place, maybe they have a point :p

Still loving it tho #fuckit

I have yet to find a single, decent strength scaled weapon and I'm at
Farrons Keep
. Is there anything I should go back and sniff out or should I have gone with the Dex build I was originally going to roll with?

This game is fucking awesome.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just beat the second boss in one try. I didn't have this easy of a time in DS2 or BB. Still absolutely loving it.

Just two very superficial, nit-picky UX complaints. Fully quitting out of the game is a pain and I wish the number telling you how many souls you got for the kill lasted longer. The death animation barely begins and the number is already fading away!

Anyone have a suggestion for a really good PVP weapon? I want to try farming covenant but my Shield + Butchers Axe isn't working at all.

Farron Greatsword
will throw people off of their game. :]

Farrons Keep
. Is there anything I should go back and sniff out or should I have gone with the Dex build I was originally going to roll with?

Have you found the Berserk sword
(aka "Greatsword")
yet? That's what I'm using right now, two-handed. I loved it in Dark Souls II so I'm running with it again.

Neoweee

Farrons Keep

There's always room for Quality builds, or shifting scaling with the various imbues. But two good weapons:

- Butcher Knife (First section of sacrificial road): Great STR scaling.
- Broadsword (High Wall of Lothric): Very good quality wepaon.
- Various clubs n' shit: (Settlement or Vendors in town): STR? MORE STR!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ENBs playthrough has disappointed me fiercly so far

Nephtes

man I was actually against people saying DS3 was too fan service-y but yeah, after
Anor Londo
and now this place, maybe they have a point :p

Still loving it tho #fuckit

Not to mention:
- the random stray demons
- Seigward
- Andre
- Abyss Watchers use Artorias's sword
- Smouldering Lake
- A giant who tossed large objects at you from another part of the map
- fucking Unbreakable Patches... (Dick)

I like the fan service though... :)

I think I reached fan-service overload when (pretty late spoiler I think)
I had to fight Ornstein for the third game in a row. It was more like Kevin Nash Ornstein but whatever.

Just beat the second boss in one try. I didn't have this easy of a time in DS2 or BB. Still absolutely loving it.

Just two very superficial, nit-picky UX complaints. Fully quitting out of the game is a pain and I wish the number telling you how many souls you got for the kill lasted longer. The death animation barely begins and the number is already fading away!
Yep. Now I'm staring at the lower right hand side of the screen to see how much Souls I got.

Xeroblade

Greirat
died, So I missed out on buying the
zweihander
. I heard they can drop from a certain enemy but I have only found one in the Undead Settlement. Is there another area with more of those type of enemies wielding that particular weapon?

There's always room for Quality builds, or shifting scaling with the various imbues. But two good weapons:

- Butcher Knife (First section of sacrificial road): Great STR scaling.
- Broadsword (High Wall of Lothric): Very good quality wepaon.
- Various clubs n' shit: (Settlement or Vendors in town): STR? MORE STR!

I knoooooow, everytime I hover over levelling up Dexterity though I think about how nice it would be to wear more rings or beat more goons into the ground. Thanks man, I'm gonna go snooping!

Rhaknar

what the FUCK is that shit on the
wall in one of these cells
?

simpsons-fire.gif

he didnt even aggro tho lol

Late-game item spoilers.

The
dragon transformation
in this game is a bit of a disappointment. After the
beast
and
kin
ones in Bloodborne I was really hoping it would be considerably more fleshed out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom