• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborg

I've been called out for this a few times on GAF. Is it unplayable for like, 99% of the population? Nah. I'm sure you can get used to it, or at least push it to the back of your mind in an attempt to enjoy the game. That said, I can't. I've tried. I want to. But I obviously don't want to enough to get past it. The juddering catastrophe that is the framerate ruins an otherwise beautiful, fantastic Souls-esque game.

I'd love to play it someday, but I can't see myself getting into it again unless they patch it, release it on PC, or if there's a competent PS4 emulator in a few decades.

I just dont see it. It didnt effect my playtrough (platinumed the game) at all. I think mainstream realy doesnt care about it. Am I mainstream? Nah! But I just dont care about all the technical stuff! :)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So judging from the few screens I saw, they got rid of the chromatic aberration from Bloodborne?

Robiin

You said you have 2 days off. I would just sleep. You don't really enjoy anything in that state , atleast IMO (that shit happens to me sometimes). I would rather being able to fully enjoy the first time with the game in a good state.
Yeah, you're probably right. With a game like this, with a bad mindset it just becomes frustrating. Sucks though, I was counting the hours since the pre-load went live!

Auctopus

Are there many missables in this game? I like to get everything in a playthrough but I'm not gonna look at any guides first time through.
Just wondering if there is a lot of stuff like Licatial (sp?) quests in this one or if it's more like DkS1 where nothing was really missable (which I heavily preferred).

That's not happening.

Kweh

Does the character’s appearance slightly change the more souls you collect? I couldn’t help notice my character was getting “darker”, but wasn’t sure.

Pretty cool if so.

Mogwai

Yeah, though I never managed to make that work. You have any luck with it?
It worked just fine in Bloodborne (the few times I used it). But I've also heard about plenty of people that it didn't work well for.

I would assume that it works better in DS3. From what I've seen in streams it works pretty good.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Does the character’s appearance slightly change the more souls you collect? I couldn’t help notice my character was getting “darker”, but wasn’t sure.

Pretty cool if so.

I believe that's the 'blood' effect on you, but it kinda looks like a shit-tar mixture instead.

Banzai

That's not happening.

Yeah, I know. I'm just gonna do what I've always done with Souls games: do my first playthrough free of worries about completionism and then do a second run as a mage-character where I read up on stuff on wikis. Sounds like that might be necessary for a magic character in this game anyway.

convo

I've been called out for this a few times on GAF. Is it unplayable for like, 99% of the population? Nah. I'm sure you can get used to it, or at least push it to the back of your mind in an attempt to enjoy the game. That said, I can't. I've tried. I want to. But I obviously don't want to enough to get past it. The juddering catastrophe that is the framerate ruins an otherwise beautiful, fantastic Souls-esque game.

I'd love to play it someday, but I can't see myself getting into it again unless they patch it, release it on PC, or if there's a competent PS4 emulator in a few decades.

Yet you will find people who still have Demon's as their favorite in the series just through atmosphere and story.What can you say to the guys who got over Valley of defilement?Deny their existence and make your sentiment the dominant one on this planet?
Real emotional ties aren't made through technical perfection alone.

I get the impression that some people would rather want things like BB and DeS, which are not perfect on the technical side, to rather not exist than having to bother playing them in an "inferior form". Which is crazy, there is so much to lose than to gain.

Mdk7

I've been playing this for a couple of days (unfortunately not as much as I wanted), and yesterday I went to bed at 3AM because of this game... So a nice 4-hour sleep for me, LOL.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've been playing this for a couple of days (unfortunately not as much as I wanted), and yesterday I went to bed at 3AM because of this game... So a nice 4-hour sleep for me, LOL.

Yeah I know that feeling, last week I was a zombie every day at work. Couple of nights I stayed up til 2-3 AM.

Beat the final boss yesterday, and I'm also joining the team that thinks it's the best end boss in the franchise.
It's like a fan fiction boss, but in the best way possible

Nuszka

I'm liking this game more and more with every playthrough. Started a new character but instead going the recommended route I took the other way... The bloody hard way , getting one shot by everything ... Someone on reedit made a good post about how open the game is from the start and the freedom it gives you. If you find any posts saying about it being to linear , it comes from the fact of not knowing the game well enough.

Styles

Less than 12 hours until it unlocks on Steam:

t1460412000z0.png

ZXLRI2G.gif

aravuus

I'm liking this game more and more with every playthrough. Started a new character but instead going the recommended route I took the other way... The bloody hard way , getting one shot by everything ... Someone on reedit made a good post about how open the game is from the start and the freedom it gives you. If you find any posts saying about it being to linear , it comes from the fact of not knowing the game well enough.

What way is that, if you don't mind elaborating? In spoiler tags, obviously.

Cob32

Where did you go? unless your referring to
that turn off in the tutorial area that has "turn back" sign.

Nuszka

Wonder how my jap copy will work after they activate the EU servers , will I get connected with players ip based or firstly within the Japanese server.

Nuszka

What way is that, if you don't mind elaborating? In spoiler tags, obviously.

I'm sitting on the phone in a parking lot while wife is doing te shopping lol. Worried that I might mess up the spoiler tags. Will do a post when I get home.

Mdk7

Yeah I know that feeling, last week I was a zombie every day at work. Couple of nights I stayed up til 2-3 AM.

Beat the final boss yesterday, and I'm also joining the team that thinks it's the best end boss in the franchise.
It's like a fan fiction boss, but in the best way possible

The only thing I'm not really crazy about - apart from the fact it's been HARD for me to get back to the idea of using a shield after Bloodborne, I was really digging the fast action and the aggressive approach they introduced there and I kind miss it somehow! - is that I am experiencing a bit of deja vu, art wise.
I'm still pretty early in the game, I beat
4 bosses, the last one was the sorcerer in the woods that used purple crystal attacks
so of course it's a still "in progress" opinion, yet I am definitely seeing some repetition as far as places, colors, architecture and overall feelings are concerned.
Some areas really look like they could belong to BB/previous Souls games, so despite being a sincere joy to look at, I'm not experiencing that astonishing WOW/surprise factor that I always associated with these games.
I hope that they will create something slightly different in the future, leaving dark fantasy behind for a while in order to take the series somewhere else (sci-fi? steampunk? I personally dream of something inspired by Beksiński's works...) just like they did with Bloodborne and its Victorian/Lovecraftian setting.

Mafro

I've seen it in a stream maybe the location is loading?
Or the area is off limits because you are missing something?

This is weird and I haven't figured it out yet, my best guess is that the area is still loading.
The devs assumed you would mainly use the hub for levelling, weapons etc.

It's loading the outside area. I kept thinking I was getting invaded lol

It's loading the outside area.

it cuts down loadtimes for when you just travel back for a quick level up/upgrade.
Thanks, and yeah I totally thought I was getting invaded the first time it happened.

It means that the area is loading.

Seijuro

The clerk in my local electronics store just told me I was 2 hours early for todays shipment... That's when work starts for me... Bad timing :(

Nuszka

Ok, will try
instead if fighting the first proper boss in the game on the bottom of the steps in lothric , you go up to the lady that gives you the banner and the covenant sign, then you kill her ... Trigger a boss fight and have access to the end game areas, so far from what I know there were no consequences of my evil deeds:)

aravuus

Ok, will try
instead if fighting the first proper boss in the game on the bottom of the steps in lothric , you go up to the lady that gives you the banner and the covenant sign, then you kill her ... Trigger a boss fight and have access to the end game areas, so far from what I know there were no consequences of my evil deeds:)

I knew you could kill the woman to initiate a late-game boss battle early (dancer?), but it also lets you get to late-game areas early? Damn, definitely gonna do this on my second PC playthrough then!

So several people have said that magic, pyro and miracles are a bit crap in this, but how are the weapon buffs? Would it be worth pursuing one of these paths just for something like Sunlight Blade?

derFeef

Never played a pure melee in this games. I might go with Warrior this time. Brute force heavy weapons, sounds fun.
Pyro was man jam in DS though...

Anyone know if the tree/roof glitch outside firelink shrine was patched out?
If you mean
jumping on the roof from the tree outside, you can still do that. I did it yesterday

BTW my friend mention that his covenant items disappear going into ng+. Anyone else have that issue?

Vitten

Got the game yesterday and just a quick starter question: was there really only one path to go to after the tutorial level and arriving in
Firelink shrine: the warp to the castle
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom