• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

mizuk_i

Hmm i got that item earlier by the blow dart guys but the item is still there. Just knowing it exist will bother me for awhile thanks for the help anyway.

taybul

Does anyone else feel like DS3 is more...accessible (not to use another 4-letter word)? Bonfires are far more frequent and bosses aren't as difficult as previous iterations this early in the game. Also I'm running around in barely any armor (using a ring that increases atk with less equip load) and I can still take quite a few hits.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Reposting for a new crowd, it was super late last night!

During my Dark Souls III playthrough I'll be doing a semi daily sketch, based on how my experience is going! I'll have to manage playing the game with taking a couple of hours per drawing, but it should be fun!

tumblr_o5m89nSB1Y1qed0geo1_1280.jpg

Zocano

It's not, though. It simply means that the area isn't as good as the Tower of Latria, and it isn't particularly creative since they've made that area a couple of times now. That's not to say it's awful, hence the use of "uninspired."

Inspired gets thrown around so much and while the connotation generally comes across (e.g. this thing is not great in some regard), the actual usage is often used to disparage something for not being "unique" enough as if that's such an easy metric to go by and is just a really lazy way to describe something without having to describe what one did or didn't like.

Jamesways

Lost to
Vordt of the Boreal Valley
after several tries, then I realized jolly cooperation would be the smart thing to do and was able to easily take him down them. Funny I found dodging his attacks in the second form easier than his first. The Lothric Knights that patrol the area before his chamber are still a bitch to fight and I dearly hope I do not have to meet them ever again.

I'm way behind in this thread, about 50 pages back. But just wanted to say it's amazing how quickly you can remember how to fight in these games.

I went from absolutely getting wrecked by the first Lothric Knight to farming the bejesus out of them with parries and backstabs at the end of the night. Love it!

I'm not very far in the game yet, just helping people with the
Tree
I love helping folks. Can't wait to be a Sunbro officially later. By far my favorite things to do in this. Other than grinding against knights to practice parries.

Beat it!

got the evil ending. I am now the new lord. I didn't do any of the optional areas since they (i assume) are for other endings. Time to replay! No idea what class to play. Maybe I'll pick a mage and make it hard. Anyway..... cheers to all! Was a _lot_ of fun.

Dimmle

During my Dark Souls III playthrough I'll be doing a semi daily sketch, based on how my experience is going! I'll have to manage playing the game with taking a couple of hours per drawing, but it should be fun!

Amazing! I call these guys "muppet babies."

Nephtes

It hollows you out? Damn. I don't wanna be a smelly old zombie.

you need to be for the super special ending ... And also follow a long and involved quest that begins when you get 5 Dark sigils via drawing out power from Yhole.

ISee

He is playing totally blind for once like how I'm playing. I did laugh that I beat crystal lizard in one go yet he jobbed to it

He was over thinking the lizard. Lizards are easy, mimics on the other hand... They still scare me. Can't wait for his first mimic ;)

zewone

This is awesome.

deoee

Can someone explain unspoilery how I can get to a certain boss

In Irithyll at the chapel there is a fog gate above the "throne/shrine" thing. A gate leads there which is closed and I can't seem to find a path leading up there :/

Aurongel

Anyone having trouble summoning folks on the PC? I keep getting "Unable to Summon Phantom" messages but other people can invade me just fine.

What gives?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
He is playing totally blind for once like how I'm playing. I did laugh that I beat crystal lizard in one go yet he jobbed to it

That's the thing - part 2 isn't blind at all. And his scepticism towards the lore is frustrating me. Like, calm the fuck down, it's only 50 minutes in ENB.

Kyuur

Kind of bummed. Having trouble getting summoning to work consistently for coop with my partner who I played through DkS1/2/BB with. Never had so many problems just getting signs to appear. :| The only thing I have left to try is port-forwarding to try and get NAT Type 1 (PS4), but my router is borked and not allowing it.

Anyone got any sword recommendations after the Claymore? Something that scales well? Farron's Greatsword a good choice? Also halberds, I like halberds.

How can i regain my normal appearance? Looks like i'm made of candle wax or something.
Pls my waifu is melting :(

Purging Stones are the easiest way, but you can cure hollowing entirely if you get the Bell Tower key for 20k in the Shrine, get the Fire Keeper soul there, give it to the level up waifu, then choose to heal the Dark Sigil when you talk to her. It'll cost more depending on how many times you leveled for "free" with Yoel of Londor. Alternatively, you can buy the Untrue Dead Ring from her which makes your appearance human.

Kind of bummed. Having trouble getting summoning to work consistently for coop with my partner who I played through DkS1/2/BB with. Never had so many problems just getting signs to appear. :| The only thing I have left to try is port-forwarding to try and get NAT Type 1 (PS4), but my router is borked and not allowing it.

using the co-op password system?

So is it just me, or is the halberd a little slower in this game? I feel like I'm getting hit by quick enemies a little more often compared to DS1. Either that or the enemies are just faster on average.

That tiny decline in speed, whether absolute or relative, seems to make a big difference, unless I'm just doing it wrong. And I could be, but I just finished a halberd-main DS1 run last week where I was beasting with the weapon.

I'm in need of tips. Mid-game. I've beaten
the big skeleton guy and the Abyss Watchers and am at the profaned capital. there's a giant boss nearby who one shots me and takes no damage. Am I headed the right way? Can I go anywhere without having to go through here or that damned dungeon again?

These two areas are totally ruining the game for me.

deoee

I can't tell you how often I was killed by accidental kicks.

Is it only me or did they change it in a way it happens way more often during normal fights...

Hystzen

That's the thing - part 2 isn't blind at all. And his scepticism towards the lore is frustrating me. Like, calm the fuck down, it's only 50 minutes in ENB.

Part 2 is becaus SSD fucked up so re recording but he is right with that scepticism and eye rolling over the fan service it something that bugs me in the game it so busy throwing references in your face that it doesn't feel like it has its own identity. Granted I not finished only done upto Crystal Sage the non stop DS references and call back does make your eyes roll

LiK

I can't tell you how often I was killed by accidental kicks.

Is it only me or did they change it in a way it happens way more often during normal fights...

Seems way easier to do kicks in this game than before. I wanna know if we can remap that action. It's annoying me especially during boss fights. I never kicked in previous games.

dealer-

I'm in need of tips. Mid-game. I've beaten
the big skeleton guy and the Abyss Watchers and am at the profaned capital. there's a giant boss nearby who one shots me and takes no damage. Am I headed the right way? Can I go anywhere without having to go through here or that damned dungeon again?

These two areas are totally ruining the game for me.

You are on the right track,
have you searched the entire boss arena during that fight
?

J-Rod

So is it just me, or is the halberd a little slower in this game? I feel like I'm getting hit by quick enemies a little more often compared to DS1. Either that or the enemies are just faster on average.

That tiny decline in speed, whether absolute or relative, seems to make a big difference, unless I'm just doing it wrong. And I could be, but I just finished a halberd-main DS1 run last week where I was beasting with the weapon.

To me, it feels like mobs attack faster. I haven't used a halberd in ds3 (rip ds2 mastodon halberd ; ;), but I've noticed whatever weapon I use seems relatively slower than the enemy's.

Fuck I need a break after going through the Cathedral. Dark souls 2 killed my hype for this game.

Also is the Drang Armor set the Llewellyn armor from Dark Souls 2?

I think I have messed up. Mid game spoilers (I think):
I killed a maggot dude in the cathetral near Rosaria's Chamber, who I now think was actually a npc because he didn't respawn and he dropped Red soapstone.

So, how bad I dun goofed?

Kyuur

using the co-op password system?

Yeah, feel like we've tried everything.

- Host is embered, or both of us are embered
- Region matchmaking on / off
- Different passwords
- Different locations
- Replacing signs
- Being in the
Sunlight
covenant
- Moving between areas
- Signs are showing

It's not that it never works, but when I only get to play for 4 hours during the evenings, and 2 hours of that is spent trying to summon eachother, it gets annoying. There were problems in 2/BB at launch, but not like this. We were in Undead Settlement yesterday, coop'd, I accidentally died falling off a ledge, spent 30 mins trying to re-find eachother and nothing.

Does anyone else feel like DS3 is more...accessible (not to use another 4-letter word)? Bonfires are far more frequent and bosses aren't as difficult as previous iterations this early in the game.

Praise the mass-market!

A few friends I know are finishing it after 2/3 days. These are not the 50+ hours experiences that stay with you and that you remember fondly for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom