• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess without spoiling exactly but to save me from going nuts-- Can I access the area around the dragon from High Wall Of Lothric/the early game or will get there later on (my progress is at the Cathedral/Swamp cross roads, making my way through the swamp)

I just noticed there are items there.

RMQJUE5.png

You will find a long ladder soon.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I guess without spoiling exactly but to save me from going nuts-- Can I access the area around the dragon from High Wall Of Lothric/the early game or will get there later on (my progress is at the Cathedral/Swamp cross roads, making my way through the swamp)

RMQJUE5.png
swamp area where you're supposed to light 3 torches. Find a tower in the middle of the swamp shit, climb it and then you should find it

RMQJUE5.png

You can get there eventually. It's a few zones away though.

Specifically (spoilers)
When you reach the area called "Farron Keep" there's a big ladder and a lift the leads you up there.

Derpot

RMQJUE5.png

Later, in the
swamp
. You're not that far :)

Lorcain

I went from absolutely getting wrecked by the first Lothric Knight to farming the bejesus out of them with parries and backstabs at the end of the night. Love it!
It's like we were DS3 bro's last night, because that's exactly what I was doing too. Same exact learning curve and feeling of improvement. I'm looking forward to getting back from work so I can get some more practice in against those knights. It's such a rewarding feeling to be able to regularly pull off parries and counters against them.

I started as Deprived, so the knights have been a treasure trove of much needed loot for me. The sword and shield drop from them are really nice. I'm trying to get their armor set too. I know where the boss area is, I'm just not done sparring with the knights yet.

Shifty

I really don't like the shrine. It's dark, depressing, I always go in and out. The blacksmith is too far away.
Loved to let the game idle in hunters dream or Majula while doing something else.

Oh yeah, the audible moaning in the background was super relaxing.
:p

Mindlog

Not reading anything. Still early in the game, but something struck me. Using spoilers out of habit.
(First/Second/Third? area of the game with a significant spoiler around the second or third boss?)
I just beat the tree and was wandering around in the other direction. Came to the tower and found Siegmeyer of Catarina. Cool. First I was surprised that they made the platform going up so obvious. I'm not used to Dark Souls giving you such an obvious hint even though going up is obviously something I am going to try and do. This is Dark Souls 101. Then they give you the massively obvious hint with Siegmeyer also saying you should go up. My surprise escalated. So I go up the elevator and doing my Dark Souls 101 thing I note when I'm going to have to jump off because of course there is a secret platform. Just to be safe I ride the elevator all the way down.

Blew me away when Siegmeyer basically yelled; 'HEY, JUMP OFF THE ELEVATOR THERE IS SOMETHING OVER HERE!'
A very uncharacteristic handhold for this series. May as well have thrown in a trail of prism stones.

Melchiah

It's loading the area. If you fast traveled to the shrine, then ran outside really quick, the outside area wouldn't be fully loaded, so they used fog to mask the loading.

I presumed so, until I saw it does the same when just resting there, after fighting the katana guy.

jabuseika

RMQJUE5.png

Later.

Raxious

Not a bug.. Took me a while for him to show up.. Almost cleared the whole level before he randomly showed up.. Just go about your business, but don't kill the boss of the area just yet..

to late now :(

I'll try again in NG+, though I've been looking into it and seems I'm not the only one have issues with him.

So, in the area right after the
snowy bridge guarded by that dog you have to outrun
are you supposed to engage with the taller enemies there, or run by them? I tried a couple of times, and said, screw this, and booked it.... they don't seem to follow too much, so it seems like it might be intentional.. Is it? or Should I get gud and fight those jerks.

Liamc723

I'm looking at buying the Farron Greatsword using a lord soul, and I need help figuring out its attack power.

It says next to physical: 125- 50

What does the "- 50" bit mean?

Lorcain

So I read a guide talking about getting the Uchikatana early. Haha. That guy has like 1000 HP and at the beginning of the game he breaks your guard in like 3 hits because his attacks drain so much stamina. I can't imagine it's a simple matter for the average player at the starting level.
He's very focused on the artistry of his katana craft that he will often times combo right off the cliff. The developers were kind enough to even put a square tile that overhangs the cliff near the bottom of the stairs from which to stand, with your shield up, as he makes his way down and falls on his own, is pushed off, or falls after you do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this fucking zone is nightmare enducing from the enemies, the vibe and especially me FUCKING DYING OVER AND OVER AGAIN FUCK THESE
BRANDING CUNTS

I actually just rage quit for the first time, I cant do this anymore right now lol

I actually love the zone which is ironic

redbourne

Neo Member
PS4

I decided to start as a deprived to get even more challenge to a rookie player. Having a great time.

However, I decided to see if I benefit for being faster with the wooden shield unequipped. Fun yes, but I don't see a way to re-equip. I have it in my inventory only, with the option to leave or discard.

"Use" is faded

As a rookie player, am I missing something?

_h8bit

Banned
I am absolutely loving this game so far. I actually bypassed
Cathedral of the Deep
somehow and went and did
Farron Keep through the Smouldering Lake boss first

All I have to say now, is fuck that
lizard dog on the bridge
. I think i've only managed to get him down halfway as a sword/shield user, but i've not the slightest clue how a caster would manage this fucker.

Since Luck is a stat that actually does something this game and it improves poison and bleed attacks, I want to pump up Luck and find a weapon that does Poison AND Bleed and get immediately destroyed by every boss and enemy that is immune to both of those.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
PS4

I decided to start as a deprived to get even more challenge to a rookie player. Having a great time.

However, I decided to see if I benefit for being faster with the wooden shield unequipped. Fun yes, but I don't see a way to re-equip. I have it in my inventory only, with the option to leave or discard.

"Use" is faded

You're in the inventory, not the equip screen. The first option when you press start.

this fucking zone is nightmare enducing from the enemies, the vibe and especially me FUCKING DYING OVER AND OVER AGAIN FUCK THESE
BRANDING CUNTS

I actually just rage quit for the first time, I cant do this anymore right now lol

I actually love the zone which is ironic

They remind me of the squid faces of demon's souls haha

But yeah that place is a pain in the rectum

RMQJUE5.png

Hey, it's a literal dickhead

Concerning an early weapon placement.
I love that the claymore is obtainable roughly the same way it was in DaS. Fun nod to the first game, and the weapon that got me through my first DaS run.

I'm actually really happy with the levels of variety weapon wise in the early game overall.

Secret mechanic spoiler;

Does the Dark Sigils and hollowing carry over to NG+ or do you revert back to normal and not have to "pay" for your free levels to remove them?

xinek

Glad I went against the general advice to go straight melee -- I'm having a blast as a pyromancer! Just got some new pyromancies and also some miracles that I can totally use because I've also been leveling Faith. The biggest problem is how to level -- having to figure out the best point distribution has been a bit of trial and error. Been rolling with a straight sword infused with a fire gem for my main weapon, and it's still doing really well at the
poison swamp
area. Hoping to find a sword eventually that scales with Faith, or Intelligence if I can't find that.

But it's so nice to feel like I can approach encounters in so many ways, whether it's ranged or close, pyro or melee, then healing with estus or miracles. The heal miracle is especially nice to have in my pocket when sunbro-ing. Definitely recommended starter class if someone's been struggling with whether to go pyro. ^^

Was so nice to go back to earlier areas and just rip enemies apart with the
Fire Orb
! Until I saw how much FP it uses. Oh, well.

E92 M3

So, in the area right after the
snowy bridge guarded by that dog you have to outrun
are you supposed to engage with the taller enemies there, or run by them? I tried a couple of times, and said, screw this, and booked it.... they don't seem to follow too much, so it seems like it might be intentional.. Is it? or Should I get gud and fight those jerks.

time to git gud :p

Burt

I have a serious problem and hope I didn't break my game -- Aldrich spoilers

I beat him, but died after he died from his arrow attack. I saw the cutscenes, got ported somewhere, and then played my death animation and respawned at the bonfire at Anor Londo.

What do I do?

PS4

"Use" is faded

Go to the Equipment menu, not inventory. It's the first option you get when opening up the menu.

Fhtagn

I have a serious problem and hope I didn't break my game -- Aldrich spoilers

I beat him, but died after he died from his arrow attack. I saw the cutscenes, got ported somewhere, and then played my death animation and respawned at the bonfire at Anor Londo.

What do I do?

go back to where you got the banner in High Wall of Lothric, that's where you were teleported.

Thanks for all the responses!

swamp area where you're supposed to light 3 torches. Find a tower in the middle of the swamp shit, climb it and then you should find it

i was in there for hours last night, not sure how I missed it.

Think I'll abandon this "play offline" thing I've been doing.

Hey, it's a literal dickhead

on the right? yeah

if you're talking about my helmet....hey, it's the strongest one i can wear without fat rolling :(

I am absolutely loving this game so far. I actually bypassed
Cathedral of the Deep
somehow and went and did
Farron Keep through the Smouldering Lake boss first

All I have to say now, is fuck that
lizard dog on the bridge
. I think i've only managed to get him down halfway as a sword/shield user, but i've not the slightest clue how a caster would manage this fucker.

If you've done the Watchdog of The Old Lords fight in Bloodborne it's pretty similar to that

As for how a caster would fare, RIP

Sane_Man

I'm using a massive fucking great sword and I'm wondering what's best to infuse it with? The stats confuse me a bit.

A heavy gem takes the strength scaling from a C to an A and it has 275 base physical power plus +219 as the bonus. Or adding a Raw gem takes the physical power to 372 with no bonus. I'm fairly sure it's the heavy gem but want to make sure I don't mess it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom