• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iorv3th

I'm using a massive fucking great sword and I'm wondering what's best to infuse it with? The stats confuse me a bit.

A heavy gem takes the strength scaling from a C to an A and it has 275 base physical power plus +219 as the bonus. Or adding a Raw gem takes the physical power to 372 with no bonus. I'm fairly sure it's the heavy gem but want to make sure I don't mess it up!

Heavy gem will make it scale with strength, raw gem has no scaling. Seems like you have a strength build so go with heavy you would start with 494 dmg opposed to 372.

myco666

End game optional boss spoilers.
So Nameless King... That was something to get my heart racing. Hated the first part with King of Storm a lot but the second was so good. I think using something other than Battle Axe would have made it easier.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just love missing bosses and having to backtrack.

Big Brett

Random question I've never thought of, and I've played each souls iteration--

Does applying resin to your weapon rid of its scaling bonuses?

I can't find any good info online on the hollow stat. I read that eventually it doesn't allow you to coop if it gets to high. Also my covenant icon is now shattered, I think it is related. Any info on this would be nice.

Big Brett

I can't find any good info online on the hollow stat. I read that eventually it doesn't allow you to coop if it gets to high. Also my covenant icon is now shattered, I think it is related. Any info on this would be nice.

My hollow level is maxed (99) and I am being summoned perfectly fine.

Ricker

I thought you couldn't be summoned to an area where you already killed the boss?

Well I keep hearing people saying they help with Bosses so I thought co-op would work but maybe thats the problem...and yes we where embered...guess we will try in the second area after the proper first Boss...I am stuck in that area though,jesus christ,not sure how to tackle it...
the place where god knows what and who is firing goddamn Mortars or whatever at me lol...I tried going around the other way but at one point there's 3 guys on a roof throwing fire bombs and a new type of guy patrolling so I can't really stop and fight him....

Any tips in there....?

The lack of lifegems already makes it a better game for me, although they are a bit too generous with the bonfires. But the balance is pretty good early game.

Birathen

Anyone had any luck as a Blue Sentinel? I thought it would be fun trying them out since Ive overlooked them in past games but I cant seem to get summoned.

The covenant sigil pulsing meen its active atleast?

Does it work in areas where I have beat the boss?

Portugeezer

Two hand your weapon and press L2. Some weapons like Uchigatana or Claymore have you hold L2 to enter a special stance and R1/R2 to do the weapon at attacks. Some shields allow you to perform the weapon arts without having to two hand your weapon, again it's L2. Read the descriptions of each weapon and shield and it will describe the weapon art.

thanks

drotahorror

Is there some sort of
invisibility
ring? I saw a video of it and the person did not say the name of it.

Also, I got invaded for the first time someone using a sword that looked like a charge spin attack. What was it? fyi, he got rekt.

Dimmle

Question about a certain familiar NPC, S
eigward
, and the second part of his quest line: how is the part with
the fiery Demon
supposed to end? I
stealthed past him and started exploring the houses nearby and suddenly I hear the stomping cease and I receive a Fire Gem and the Demon is just gone. Did he somehow suicide or did he give me a thoughtful parting gift before leaving?

Birathen

Well I keep hearing people saying they help with Bosses so I thought co-op would work but maybe thats the problem...and yes we where embered...guess we will try in the second area after the proper first Boss...I am stuck in that area though,jesus christ,not sure how to tackle it...
the place where god knows what and who is firing goddamn Mortars or whatever at me lol...I tried going around the other way but at one point there's 3 guys on a roof throwing fire bombs and a new type of guy patrolling so I can't really stop and fight him....

Any tips in there....?

You can still get summoned as a white phantom/sunbro if you beat the boss. The other types of summons/invasions im unsure about.

Really hope there is a fix coming for the phenomenon of hosts, phantoms and invaders that float about with no animations.
It makes really difficult to fight against, especially magic.

I mean, am I appearing like that to them? I spent a little time last night checking my connection, open NAT, all that jazz so I hope it's not on my end but at least it's pretty rare.

Still, DS2 never had this on 360 or XONE so I hope they can sort this out soon

E92 M3

Anyone had any luck as a Blue Sentinel? I thought it would be fun trying them out since Ive overlooked them in past games but I cant seem to get summoned.

The covenant sigil pulsing meen its active atleast?

Does it work in areas where I have beat the boss?

The Sigil pulses, but I never get summoned. I don't think people are equipping the way of the blue lol. I'd love to help some poor innocent soul with an invader.

Big Brett

P
ontiff
was a fantastic fight. Fought him a few times as a phantom, then got him 3rd try on my own. Really great fight, felt like the true spirit of Dark Souls bosses.

Ferr986

Any tips in there....?

Coop totally works after the helper defeated the boss.

DSmalls84

I keep finding upgrade mats like titanite shards and refined gems. Are these items limited or can you farm or buy them? So far I haven't spent any because I didn't want to waste them on a bad weapon.

redbourne

Neo Member
PS4

I decided to start as a deprived to get even more challenge to a rookie player. Having a great time.

However, I decided to see if I benefit for being faster with the wooden shield unequipped. Fun yes, but I don't see a way to re-equip. I have it in my inventory only, with the option to leave or discard.

"Use" is faded

As a rookie player, am I missing something?

You're in the inventory, not the equip screen. The first option when you press start.

The shield is no longer there either. Just my loin cloth and club. I would give you a pic if I knew how.

edit : Figured out how to share the pic

yVyFMZl.jpg

Burt

Is there some sort of
invisibility
ring? I saw a video of it and the person did not say the name of it.

Also, I got invaded for the first time someone using a sword that looked like a charge spin attack. What was it? fyi, he got rekt.

There are two, as far as I know. There's an invisible roll ring, and a ring that makes you invisible when you're far away from other players. Location in next spoiler--

I know one of them is a reward for the Rosaria's Fingers covenant, forget where the other is from. Rosaria's covenant can screw you with others, so be sure before joining.

Is there a PvP arena in or are they going to put it in DLC?

Veelk

Banned
Can someone tell me what the caps on the levels are? Does everything still softcap at 50? Would appreciate it
Didn't get a definitive answer on this, trying again.

Also, one thing I really appreciate is the auto had option. It killed me in bloodborne to have the hud take up so much of the screen, but if I took it off, I was playing blind to all my stats. DS3 gives us the auto hud we deserve.

Rottmer

Neo Member
There are two, as far as I know. There's an invisible roll ring, and a ring that makes you invisible when you're far away from other players. Location in next spoiler--

I know one of them is a reward for the Rosaria's Fingers covenant, forget where the other is from. Rosaria's covenant can screw you with others, so be sure before joining.

Is there a PvP arena in or are they going to put it in DLC?
So far, no arena that I've seen but everyone likes to PvP just past
Pontiff Sulyvahn
bonfire.

Sane_Man

I keep finding upgrade mats like titanite shards and refined gems. Are these items limited or can you farm or buy them? So far I haven't spent any because I didn't want to waste them on a bad weapon.

You can buy them at a certain point in the game. Large ones too. You also drop a shit ton.

squadr0n

Can anyone recommend a place to get a good shield in the early parts of the game. I started with the Assassin class so all I have so far are the really small shields that dont black incoming damage completely. Also would like some help on finding some decent armor as well, where do people get the armor with the red cape that some of the harder knights are wearing in the first area?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
With gem infusion, what are the positives and negatives? If I infuse a sword with a dull gem, does it make it so I can't infuse it with other gems later?

Plum

Holy goddamn shit the (area after forest area boss spoilers)
giant skeleton is so fucking terrible of a boss. Once you've got him to the third phase it's practically impossible to get to his bracelets to hit them. Pretty much instant kill dark spells and fucking hordes of skeletons are terrible. Easily the worst boss so far. I've tried summoning but the two guys I summon just die really easily, usually near the tail end of the battle.
Probably my favorite boss in terms of design so far as well. Guy looks great.

Forgot to ask, any tips? Seriously I'm burning through my embers like butter here. This isn't challenging, it's frustrating now.

Dimmle

Question about a certain familiar NPC, S
eigward
, and the second part of his quest line: how is the part with
the fiery Demon
supposed to end? I
stealthed past him and started exploring the houses nearby and suddenly I hear the stomping cease and I receive a Fire Gem and the Demon is just gone. Did he somehow suicide or did he give me a thoughtful parting gift before leaving?

Anyone with an answer for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom