• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menome

PS4: Is anybody willing to trade me the armour that Y
uria
drops when killed? I may be able to swap some items from the early-game/Crow-swap if you've missed them and I've not sold them. I'm as far as having defeated the A
byss
W
atchers
boss.

charsace

Anyone have a good recommended weapon for a pyromancer? I'm fairly early in the game still (undead settlement) so my options are limited. I'm currently using the deep hand axe or whatever it's called (with the dark attribute). I don't want to waste my upgrade stuff on weapons I probably won't use.
Raw astora straight sword kicks ass the first half of the game.

KHlover

Banned
Let him come to you. Go for his right hand only. Watch out for mist.

I would explore that area a bit... Then turn around and go back down and do more stuff
in the swamp

Yeah, exploring the vista a bit further was a really useful venture. Yay for early +4 weapon thanks to that
and Snuggly :D
;)

Plum

You can avoid his mist if you get far enough to the right (his left, the side w/two bracelets). Try to avoid letting him back you into the wall by going to him and not making him come to you. Generally, the skelly spawns happen if you are taking too long to break bracelets. I prefer to get the single bracelet arm out of the way first. Especially if you have help, it's nice to go ahead and get it out of the way.

Thanks for the advice. I think my biggest mistake was waiting until the third phase to try and break the single bracelet. I'm going to go in solo, be patient and break that first. The other two shouldn't be too difficult after a death or two.

I asked this a few pages ago but didn't get a response so trying again here.

I've been playing this game since launch but certain times I've felt that the online interaction is low. I've only been invaded twice, my summon signs usually take a decent chunk of time before being used, and in some areas messages don't pop up as often.

Is it because of the time of day I'm playing? I usually play after midnight EST and two nights ago I was standing in front of the Abyss Watchers fight (great fight btw, and probably my favorite piece of music in the game so far) and found almost no summon signs, as well as when putting my own sign down, I got summoned after maybe ten minutes of waiting. I even tried at the bonfire and from there all the way until the boss room there were no summon signs.I know it isn't the most populous time but I was thinking the fervor of online activity that comes with a new Dark Souls would leave me no problem finding other players even at such a time.

Cramoss

Guys, I have not enjoyed a Souls game this much since DaS1.

Xqv5lwG.gif

If you don't plan to invest points into scaling at all, wouldn't a RAW weapon make more sense?

Doesnt RAW scale with all your stats? All of my stats will be pretty low, most likely the minimum needed to wield the weapon. I dont plan on having INT/FAITH for buffing either.

E92 M3

I've been playing this game since launch but certain times I've felt that the online interaction is low. I've only been invaded twice, my summon signs usually take a decent chunk of time before being used, and in some areas messages don't pop up as often.

Is it because of the time of day I'm playing? I usually play after midnight EST and two nights ago I was standing in front of the Abyss Watchers fight (great fight btw, and probably my favorite piece of music in the game so far) and found almost no summon signs, as well as when putting my own sign down, I got summoned after maybe ten minutes of waiting. I even tried at the bonfire and from there all the way until the boss room there were no summon signs.I know it isn't the most populous time but I was thinking the fervor of online activity that comes with a new Dark Souls would leave me no problem finding other players even at such a time.

Are you on Xbox and what is your level?

Chorazin

Can anyone recommend a place to get a good shield in the early parts of the game. I started with the Assassin class so all I have so far are the really small shields that dont black incoming damage completely. Also would like some help on finding some decent armor as well, where do people get the armor with the red cape that some of the harder knights are wearing in the first area?

You'll find some decent shields early on, including one with 100% physical resistance. But, if you're working on a dex based character you're better off dodging than blocking.

That's the thing, I do only attack the right hand side (got it mixed up, sorry). I get him down to one third left and by god I just can't get to that final bracelet, not even with 3 people. The skeleton spam and mist just fuck me up every time I try.
Try to hit his left (sword) arm first so when he gets in his insane phase, the right arm is easier to reach

KHlover

Banned
Doesnt RAW scale with all your stats? All of my stats will be pretty low, most likely the minimum needed to wield the weapon. I dont plan on having INT/FAITH for buffing either.

Afaik it's the exact opposite, RAW doesn't scale with ANY of your stats. Unless they changed that in DS3

Catvoca

Banned
I'm really enjoying the game but it feels like I'm cruising through it. I just beat the first of the lords of cinder or whatever, the A
byss Watchers
, and so far I've downed 2 bosses on my first try, and every other one on my second try. I guess i've played the other games too much, and swording and shielding it is crazy good in this game. I hope some of the later bosses get a bit more challenging!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yay got that amazing ring from the 2
lizardshark fuckers
in a
nor londo. you can split them by shooting the right one and fighting at the ladder, otherwise I wouldnt be able to fight both tbh

If your a Sunbro looking for medals and the deacons is taking too long you should try putting your sign down on the steps up to the Old Demon King, I got 25 medals (and like 200k souls overall!) there today with less than 30 secs between summoning, people appear to be struggling with that boss solo but he's a doddle with another phantom pulling aggro.

Just remember to bring a fire res shield and you can block through almost all his special attacks. I set up my sign at the deacons earlier today and didn't get squat, I'm guessing a lot of the community has moved on from the cathedral.

The only concern you have is the host dying with all the flame and shit lol,

charsace

That's the thing, I do only attack the right hand side (got it mixed up, sorry). I get him down to one third left and by god I just can't get to that final bracelet, not even with 3 people. The skeleton spam and mist just fuck me up every time I try.
Go for his right hand with the one bracelet first then go for the hand with 2 on it.

Rurunaki

It might have to do with the way matchmaking was done with the game compared to DaS2. Afaik, weapon level comes into play in this iteration of the game.

No Raw removes all scaling and buffs the base damage.

Ah ok. So RAW or Elemental. I can experiment around with both, is elemental still worth it though? It was worthless in DS1 DLC so I am wonder if they nerfed it for good.

Also back to the original question, which early weapons are good for low DEX/STR (20/20) builds. Probably Quality weapons or STR weapons but willing to try DEX stuff as well.

Iorv3th

Anyone had any luck as a Blue Sentinel? I thought it would be fun trying them out since Ive overlooked them in past games but I cant seem to get summoned.

The covenant sigil pulsing meen its active atleast?

Does it work in areas where I have beat the boss?

The Sigil pulses, but I never get summoned. I don't think people are equipping the way of the blue lol. I'd love to help some poor innocent soul with an invader.

Yeah it was working great for me last night, got summoned like 4 times until i took it off. It probably depends on the amount of people using it. Because it only summons one person. Also what systems are you on and whats your NAT?

The problem is that I can't ever invade. Auto invasions don't seem to be working right or something.

Maybe your NAT setting is bad? You have PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold right?

In all of my Souls playthroughs, I've never so much as touched a spear.

Went with herald as my class (starts with spear), and it's going alright so far. Managed to beat the first boss on my first try and take out the
katana guy
near Firelink (several tries). Haven't played much yet, obviously, but I've already started trying to parry more than I would be with a usual sword. It's different, definitely, but still fun. I'll see how it goes for a while longer.

Timeaisis

Anyone using Crystal Sage Rapier? Looks sweet as hell, but I'm afraid of screwing my build by buffing INT too much at the cost of DEX. FWIW, I love thrusting weapons.

Any fans of the series who didn't finish Bloodborne but in love with Dark Souls 3/older Souls games?

Bloodborne was the first Souls game that I didnt finish. I went back a few days ago and for some reason, I just dont have the hook to keep going (Last boss I beat was that slug thing that sent out a ton of spiders)

Played through, and adored Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, skipped Dark Souls 2. I'm wondering if I'm just tired of the series or if Bloodborne was not my thing

Damn, I've been laying down my summon sign to farm some souls-- I mean, help other players with certain areas/bosses, and it baffles me how some of them have these amazingly cool looking characters. I'll admit I haven't really picked apart each area but the armor I have at my disposal looks like peasant rags compared to the awesome stuff the people I meet are wearing.

How am I supposed to fashion souls when my best looking armor set is the starting Knight armor I have?

Also, how the heck do I get rid of this hollowing thing? The bastard who caused it is dead now, but I looked it up and someone's supposed to take his place and sell me an item that I can use to remove it but they haven't shown up yet. I didn't know about how you could farm the free level-ups so I only did it once and thus only have one Dark Sigil.

Where is it?
I just found a pair of Darkwraiths. Is it a drop from them?

In the area right before the fight with the Abyss Watchers, there are big dudes in dark armor with swords that are attacking the other enemies. They have the potential to drop the sword, that's how I got mine. Sticking with my Broadsword+3 though :)

So conflicted if I want to accept those 5 free levels from the one npc. I know the
hollowing is reversible and even something about it relating to another ending
but still not sure.

Anyone using Crystal Sage Rapier? Looks sweet as hell, but I'm afraid of screwing my build by buffing INT too much at the cost of DEX. FWIW, I love thrusting weapons.

I use it in offhand...for the item discovery boost. Also, if your mainlining dex, you might want to throw some points towards strength before even bothering with int, a lot of the later weapons that you would consider "dex" have surprisingly high strength reqs too.

I think From is trying to make the quality build the one to rule them all. (which I don't mind, PVP has turned into straight Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, fuck lightning bros anyway)

Mupod

what happens if a (enemy type question)
darkwraith grabs you? No humanity for them to suck this time.
when you invade someone on steam, what name do they see? Character name or steam name?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Can someone, anyone tell me how to respec my character?

I've beat the game and still haven't figured it out. Spoiler tag the answer, please

what happens if a (enemy type question)
darkwraith grabs you? No humanity for them to suck this time.
when you invade someone on steam, what name do they see? Character name or steam name?

An annoyingly long animation plays, that's it as far as I know. (It does look pretty cool though)

E92 M3

I'm on PC and I'm Level 33.

Do you have matchmaking turned on? Maybe it is the time.

Yeah it was working great for me last night, got summoned like 4 times until i took it off. It probably depends on the amount of people using it. Because it only summons one person. Also what systems are you on and whats your NAT?

Maybe your NAT setting is bad? You have PS Plus or Xbox Live Gold right?

My NAT is open - I made sure of that. What is your level? Also what platform are you on?

No, I ran into a boss battle when I was invaded once.

Then I have no idea =/

Burt

I feel like they really borked the crafting this time around. You can only ever have one lead weapon, and twinkling titanite is so rare that not only can you only ever have one TT-based weapon, but most the time it'll get outclassed very quickly by the more incremental upgrades of standard weapons. The game acts like giving you enough regular titanite shards to upgrade every weapon for 10 playthroughs makes up for it.

Real bummer. So many cool soul weapons, and I just can't bring myself to buy them because I know they'll just sit there.

Risette

A Good Citizen
Yeah, most of the invasions I've done so far the host just disconnects.. Is there a penalty for that here? I remember Dark Souls 2 had penalties for people who disconnected.
There's a restore link to other worlds item (not playing right now and can't remember the name) like the Bone of Order in DS2 with a similar description, so probably.

Neoweee

Can someone, anyone tell me how to respec my character?

I've beat the game and still haven't figured it out. Spoiler tag the answer, please

Zone:
Cathedral
How:
Covenant, (and a bonfire is down there for convenience.)

Is it just me or is this the hardest SoulsBorne game so far? I have played them all (including Scholar) and I'm pretty sure I have died the most with DS3 even with the experience.

Mupod

In the area right before the fight with the Abyss Watchers, there are big dudes in dark armor with swords that are attacking the other enemies. They have the potential to drop the sword, that's how I got mine. Sticking with my Broadsword+3 though :)

yes those are the exact enemies I was talking about. I was gonna farm them and do some co-op when I got home.

I've been using my lothric knight sword for a while and I just want to see what my other options are for str/dex scaling weapons. I doubt I'll give up my super long range thrust attacks but never know until you try stuff out, and I have a ton of shards now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom