• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Geez luck based running goddamn it
Just incase people moan
damn Giant in cathedral of deep where got run past damn pure luck what move you bait him to do. Doesn't help poison arrows seem do fuck all

myco666

I thought you guys said
Deacons of the Deep
was easy!? I'm struggling like hell. Can't beat the second phase. I have a battle axe with a dark gem. Should I change weapon? Either they heal the boss or I get a curse and die. Any tips!?

Spam light attack. Literally just go in and mash R1/RB. They barely do anything damaging if you are in middle of the group. You get occasionally knocked down from the AoE. I also used Battle Axe so no need to change it.

Midgame location question:

I can see a bonfire on a balcony of a big cathedral when I stand on that spinning contraption that takes you up to
Anor Londo
. No idea how to get there tho. Did I miss something during the
Boreal Valley
?

You can just walk over there, the path is just invisible. Kinda creepy walking out there.

Xeteh

Reading a message stating "Bonfire ahead" after being out of estus flasks, killing so many enemies, unsure if you can make it further or not is one of the greatest feeling in gaming.

The reason I almost Homeward'd out was because there was a message like 10 feet away pointing to a dead end that said something like "Despair...". Thought I was out of luck.

Iorv3th

Overall, I am not a fan of weapon level being used for matching. It heavily restricts the pool.

Your too high of a level right now. Most people aren't going to get that high so you are going to miss out on a lot of that covenant stuff. That's why your not finding any matches. Probably also that people at your level aren't using way of blue covenant.

neoism

Is it just me or is this the hardest SoulsBorne game so far? I have played them all (including Scholar) and I'm pretty sure I have died the most with DS3 even with the experience.

yeah soo far to me it is BB was easy for me and even ds2 wasnt so bad other than one or two bosses lol.

ive probably missed about 20+ levels from dying so much...not sure what it is

Derpot

Seems that's the problem.
I thought the big skeleton was a lord of cinder for some reason, turns out I've not killed Aldrich yet.
Any tips which direction I should be headed? Seems I've missed an area

He's after Pontiff Sulyvahn in Irithyll. Go out the cathedral where you fought him, then turn left.

Frillen

Spam light attack. Literally just go in and mash R1/RB. They barely do anything damaging if you are in middle of the group. You get occasionally knocked down from the AoE. I also used Battle Axe so no need to change it.

Thanks, beat him on the first try using that tactic! You're a life saver!

Mandelbo

I thought you guys said Deacons of the Deep was easy!? I'm struggling like hell. Can't beat the second phase. I have a battle axe with a dark gem. Should I change weapon? Either they heal the boss or I get a curse and die. Any tips!?

The Deacons are probably strong against Dark weapons, since they're Deacons of the Deep after all, and the deep seems synonymous with dark in this game. Perhaps remove the dark gem or use another weapon.

Uthred

Cant load my game without it hard crashing, dat bonfire bug, guess I have to start again. The bugs are more frustrating than any encounter.

zewone

Is it just me or is this the hardest SoulsBorne game so far? I have played them all (including Scholar) and I'm pretty sure I have died the most with DS3 even with the experience.

I actually found this to be the easiest of the 5 (6 if you include Scholar).

I died a handful of times, and most of that was from bad jumps because I suck at platforming.

Jelle

Man, I knew this game would be not for the weak of heart, but sheesh, I'm constantly stressing out, lol.

I'm the type of gamer that likes to analyse situations and take time for choices. It's why I like games like Assassin's Creed and the Batman Arkham games, in which you often have the possibility to monitor your enemies, sneak up on them, strike and hide. I used Eagle Vision and Detective Mode all the time :p

That sort of thing kind of hard to do in DS3 so far, but I'm learning. I beat the first boss in one go, so I guess I don't completely suck at it. I did have just a tiny, tiny little bit of health left though..

I'm finding the atmosphere and graphics overwhelmingly good, by the way. It's oozing dedication.

Help me out here I'm so pissed off.
Early game:
So I delivered
Loretta's bone
to
Greirat
, and then noticed he was selling the Bastard Sword, which is exactly was I was looking for to finally ditch the Broad Sword. So I went on a quick quest to gather the required souls but now
he's only standing there curled up complaining about Loretta being dead
. What gives? I want the sword :/

Game is awesome so far btw

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fuck these
hand-faced fat guys
, why so much health?

The Deacons are probably strong against Dark weapons, since they're Deacons of the Deep after all, and the deep seems synonymous with dark in this game. Perhaps remove the dark gem or use another weapon.

Especially a weapon with nice big sweeping attacks. I was able to take them down on my first try using the
Exile Greatsword with fire infusion
took those jerks down pretty easy.

MGrant

Grading the areas after the intro I've played so far

High Wall of Lothric
B-    Boss: B-
Undead Settlement
C     Boss: B+
Road of Sacrifices
C-     Boss: D
Cathedral of the Deep
A    Boss: C
Farron Keep
D       Boss: A

I'm finding it pretty easy so far with the exception of the frost knight on the way to the third area, who kicked my ass pretty hard. When the game is good it's SO good, though.

blackw0lf

Man, I knew this game would be not for the weak of heart, but sheesh, I'm constantly stressing out, lol.

I'm the type of gamer that likes to analyse situations and take time for choices. It's why I like games like Assassin's Creed and the Batman Arkham games, in which you often have the possibility to monitor your enemies, sneak up on them, strike and hide. I used Eagle Vision and Detective Mode all the time :p

That sort of thing kind of hard to do in DS3 so far, but I'm learning. I beat the first boss in one go, so I guess I don't completely suck at it. I did have just a tiny, tiny little bit of health left though..

I'm finding the atmosphere and graphics overwhelmingly good, by the way. It's oozing dedication.

Dark Souls 1 is probably better for a person who like to take the time to assess enemy movements. In 3 combat is faster so you really don't have as much time to assess the situation.

E92 M3

Is this based on equipped weapons and weapons carried in your inventory? Or just equipped only?

I believe it's inventory.

I have the game on Xbox and PS4 (forgot to cancel pre-order lol) and can co-op so much easier on PS4 at level 35-40 than on Xbox at level 80. Not sure why but on PS4 there are summon signs everywhere compared to Xbox.

I'll be switching to PS4 once all of the achievements are obtained. Xbox seems to be too barren.

Where/how? I haven't run into any of that

Once you find the ashes towards the end of the game :)

Your too high of a level right now. Most people aren't going to get that high so you are going to miss out on a lot of that covenant stuff. That's why your not finding any matches. Probably also that people at your level aren't using way of blue covenant.

I've been trying to play as slow as possible. I guess, now I have no choice but farm knights =/

jonjonaug

Help me out here I'm so pissed off.
Early game:
So I delivered
Loretta's bone
to
Greirat
, and then noticed he was selling the Bastard Sword, which is exactly was I was looking for to finally ditch the Broad Sword. So I went on a quick quest to gather the required souls but now
he's only standing there curled up complaining about Loretta being dead
. What gives? I want the sword :/

Game is awesome so far btw
Sometimes he's just sad. Just leave and come back.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I thought you guys said Deacons of the Deep was easy!? I'm struggling like hell. Can't beat the second phase. I have a battle axe with a dark gem. Should I change weapon? Either they heal the boss or I get a curse and die. Any tips!?

I literally just spammed R1 in the general direction of the
glowing mob
, I found it completely faceroll and was expecting a phase 2.

sora87

Absolutely. Never died this much and made so little progress, also no area made me just straight up quit the game and not turn it on for the rest of the night like Farron, yes even that area in DS1.

So I have a bunch of items that I should give to the master pyromancer and the sorcerer, but I have no idea where they are? Did I miss them, I'm up to
Boreal valley area
. And no, the pilgrim won't accept the items even though he sells sorceries.

silva1991

someone asked what is FP used for? the first thing that came to my mind is spells. he found out that weapons arts also cost FP and he got so mad accusing me of telling him totally wrong information

good lord some people.

Two quick questions GAF,

Any idea how to tell when I've parried successfully?
And
Why is when I store stuff in my storage box, its usually back in my inventory when I go to the bonfire? Seems a bit odd...

Slixshot

Banned
That's the thing, I do only attack the right hand side (got it mixed up, sorry). I get him down to one third left and by god I just can't get to that final bracelet, not even with 3 people. The skeleton spam and mist just fuck me up every time I try.

you don't need to hit the bracelets. It's all right side :)

Doop

So I have a question about
Greirat. When he says he'll go out and steal shit, does he mean from other NPCs in firelink shrine? If I say yes, what happens? I haven't done it and haven't really talked to him a long time, so I'm just curious. Should I go back and say yes?

NPC spoilers.

Iorv3th

Two quick questions GAF,

Any idea how to tell when I've parried successfully?
And
Why is when I store stuff in my storage box, its usually back in my inventory when I go to the bonfire? Seems a bit odd...

About parrying, the enemy will usually be open for attack after you do it and if you hit r1 after it should do a critical hit, similar to if you stab them in the back.

So I have a bunch of items that I should give to the master pyromancer and the sorcerer, but I have no idea where they are? Did I miss them, I'm up to
Boreal valley area
. And no, the pilgrim won't accept the items even though he sells sorceries.

If you talked to them in their original locations, they should now be in Firelink. Check to the left and right of the blacksmith.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
About parrying, the enemy will usually be open for attack after you do it and if you hit r1 after it should do a critical hit, similar to if you stab them in the back.

There's also a very distinct audio cue, it's a sort of "BONG" sound.

What is your build? Vigor to 25, Strength, and a Shield is my general advice for the game. I actually felt like it has a very good difficulty curve that way.

Toughest one to me, too, and I like that a lot. I came hot off of a replay of Bloodborne, which I cooped the entire way with a friend. I beat the vanilla game 3 times last year, so I was acting sort of as an assistant/tour guide to my friend, who was doing his first playthrough. It was, however, my first-ever playthrough of the DLC, which was fantastic and surprisingly challenging...

But man, Dark Souls III has been kicking my ass and making me feel good when I actually progress. I didn't quite hit so many roadblocks in Bloodborne. Feels like when I played Demon's Souls for the first time all over again, and that's a great feeling for me.

I found it the easiest. died the least and no boss really frustrated me. Might be even with BB in difficulty. But BB has some outlying bosses.

yeah soo far to me it is BB was easy for me and even ds2 wasnt so bad other than one or two bosses lol.

ive probably missed about 20+ levels from dying so much...not sure what it is

I actually found this to be the easiest of the 5 (6 if you include Scholar).

I died a handful of times, and most of that was from bad jumps because I suck at platforming.

Absolutely. Never died this much and made so little progress, also no area made me just straight up quit the game and not turn it on for the rest of the night like Farron, yes even that area in DS1.

Interesting to see such varied responses! I wonder if builds matter a lot for difficulty.

There's an item in the Crucifixion Woods, left to the stairs where you drop to Farron Keep. It's on a stupid ledge, can't jump on it. There's nothing quite around it. How do I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom