• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.

KLoWn

Yo!

I'm planning on buying this game but I'm hearing that it's current state is pretty shit, with crashes and all. Has there been any word on when this is going to be patched?

Thanks

pablito

After you kill 3 lords of cinder. Just make sure you don't join Rosetta's fingers and stay on Yuria's good side until then.

Is that a considerable portion of the game later? If so I'll restart, so I can start the covenant grind earlier.
3rd boss into the game
will be much easier to get back to. Although I'm not looking forward to grinding for that 20k key again lol.

Uhh so i am stuck.

I've killed 5 bosses 1st one,
Vordt,Tree, Sage and Deacons.Did i miss something in the Cathedral?I even killed the two Giants and the one big door led to nowhere.Also i still havent figured out how to open one of the doors next to the Bonfire.What do the levers at the giants even do?

Any help?

There is another path at the road of sacrifices that leads to a different area, go through the swamp.

Sifl

Ok, I'm stumped. Late game questline spoilers:
How the hell do you free onionbro in the dungeons? I feel like I've ran everywhere in this place and can't get to him.

J-Rod

Is that a considerable portion of the game later? If so I'll restart, so I can start the covenant grind earlier.
3rd boss into the game
will be much easier to get back to. Although I'm not looking forward to grinding for that 20k key again lol.

It's probably <50% of the game, but still a pretty long way from where you are. It probably would be quicker to start over. And you can avoid purchasing that key with some fancy jumps.
Look for a white tree. You can dash up it and jump up to where the crow is.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
So I held off on these games as I never got one around release and thus would miss out when they're at their prime in terms of the multiplayer features, but as a Dark Souls virgin what's some good beginner's advice to keep in mind? And more specifically, what are some good tips for Dark Souls III specifically?
The game isn't hard, just punishing because the enemies hit hard. The distinction is that you don't require much mechanical skill to do well; you just need to keep your cool and think about your moves.

I've always viewed this series as an adult Zelda because the dangers are actually dangerous. There are tons of mysteries points of interest. Keep curious, cautious, and patient and you'll have a great time.

Get'sMad

Ending/quest line spoilers but I finally did the whole
Yoel/Yuria/Anri thing...it's so weird, creepy, sad and awesome all at the same time. I was all :( approaching Anri's body in Darkmoon Tomb.

The amount of side paths and secrets in this game is amazing. I'm 4 bosses in and have already spent a ton of time just exploring and finding gear, items, enemies etc.

Brilliant game

justjim89

Can someone give me clues, not necessarily direct answers, for the following:

-How do I get the elevator in the tower to go up?
-How do I find Loretta for the thief's quest?

So illusionary walls are only triggered by hitting them right? There are no walls that are triggered by clicking the use button or whatever else?

Thanks.Is the area that i am now a dead end?

Yep, although you can find a way to open that other door near the bonfire, but it's just a shortcut to a boss that you've already beaten.

J-Rod

How the hell do you free onionbro in the dungeons? I feel like I've ran everywhere in this place and can't get to him.

On the rooftop where a human enemy with enchanted maces (I think it was maces...) attacks you. I think it is above the toxic swamp and the freaky baby hand monsters. You can jump into a window from that rooftop.

sooo yeah the swamp area is tooo fucking big.

enemies give shit amount of souls like what the fuck. im only level 31 and still havent found a good place for a few dozen levels or something.

pvp is laggy as fuck.. &#55357;&#56862;

im on ps4 and there is this werid flickering or something happening in the background areas far away that wasnt in BB

the rolling animations look off... over all i prefer BB character control

still love it and this to me is the hardest DS. but my god the begining is really a slooow burn.

It's not an amazing spot, but
I used the dilapidated bridge bonfire spawn to farm a few levels when I got bored. You can run from the bonfire to the large mob, kill it, and run back in about 20-30 seconds. Each kill is worth 320 souls, so roughly 640 a minute.

Fhtagn

This one stumped me for a LONG time too.

There is a jump to be made.

From outside.

Blue roof over the toxic swamp. Look for a hole in the wall.

Soulflarz

Banned

Dunno about 2 but
....the elevator you stand on will only go between two floors

go on the elevator and kill yourself to get an idea of what I mean

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I held off on these games as I never got one around release and thus would miss out when they're at their prime in terms of the multiplayer features, but as a Dark Souls virgin what's some good beginner's advice to keep in mind? And more specifically, what are some good tips for Dark Souls III specifically?

Keep your shield up, and don't be afraid to roll toward an enemy while it strikes, you'll come out without getting hit more often than not.

Don't kill NPCs and don't use boss souls.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hi I need help where in the fuck did I just fight
Dancer?
Late Game spoiler

Teleport to Vordt's fire, head up the steps to where the woman used to be. That's where Dancer is.

stOex

I'm very disappointed with the PC port - 5 crashes around a few select bonfires in the game. 4 of those crashes shut down the game, the last one froze my machine completely. I'm usually not the guy to complain about video games and I rarely ever post something like that or anything at all, but man, it really sucks balls and I hope that it'll be fixed soon.

Contemplating buying the game again on PS4 as it's supposedly stable on console.

K' Dash

The amount of side paths and secrets in this game is amazing. I'm 4 bosses in and have already spent a ton of time just exploring and finding gear, items, enemies etc.

Brilliant game

I'm in the same spot as you, but still rocking the first Knight armor, have not found anything better and everything I find while exploring is for other classes :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a boss where you have to equip a item in a series with terrible inventory and no pause?

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm very disappointed with the PC port - 5 crashes around a few select bonfires in the game. 4 of those crashes shut down the game, the last one froze my machine completely. I'm usually not the guy to complain about video games and I rarely ever post something like that or anything at all, but man, it really sucks balls and I hope that it'll be fixed soon.

Contemplating buying the game again on PS4 as it's supposedly stable on console.

700 series card?

Fhtagn

sure, vague clues:

1a.
did you play bloodborne's dlc?
1b.
what goes down must come up.
answer:
run across it sending it down while you stay up, then take it upwards.

2a.
there's a revival happening in town.
2b.
Loretta has a nice view, but she's not on speaking terms with anyone
Answer:
she's dead, you find a bone flute of hers on her corpse in the undead settlement near all the hemmick charnel lane-esque fire worshippers, hanging in the air above.

deoee

Are you on Nvidia?

Latest drivers are shit.

Littlebigbenny

Neo Member
He always dies after a certain point of game progression. Don't remember exactly when, but after a particular boss.

Further info/spoils:

If you accept his gift (free levels) 5 times before he dies another npc will show up in his place.

Thanks. Too bad I didn't
visit him earlier!

justjim89

Dunno about 2 but
....the elevator you stand on will only go between two floors

go on the elevator and kill yourself to get an idea of what I mean

So I'm looking for a different lift? The
Catarina guy
made it sound like it was possible for that one to go up the tower instead of just down.

sure, vague clues:

1a.
did you play bloodborne's dlc?
1b.
what goes down must come up.
answer:
run across it sending it down while you stay up, then take it upwards.

2a.
there's a revival happening in town.
2b.
Loretta has a nice view, but she's not on speaking terms with anyone
Answer:
she's dead, you find a bone flute of hers on her corpse in the undead settlement near all the hemmick charnel lane-esque fire worshippers, hanging in the air above.

Thanks, that's a big help.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
a boss where you have to equip a item in a series with terrible inventory and no pause?

What's this? Refresh my memory. I don't remember a single fight like this.

Catarina guy
made it sound like it was possible for that one to go up the tower instead of just down.

Hit the button and jump out before it goes.

Soulflarz

Banned
Catarina guy

yes and no

That one spot in the tower can go up and down!
...literally
go downstairs, kill yourself, respawn, go back on the elevator, maybe you'll figure it out :3

So am I in for some good mindfuck after the halfway point of the game? In the vein of Bloodborne?

No, lore is trash.

So
Yoel
died but Yuria hasn't shown up yet, am I missing something? Progression wise my furthest point is CoC but I'm working on the cathedral right now. Crestfallen, invasion guy,Eyegore and
Onion bro
I haven't seen for a while either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GTX Titan Black, yes. I have a spare 970 available, would it make a difference in performance?

You probably won't get those crashes, for now. If you don't mind limping along, so to speak, while they patch.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I hope I get
Siegward & Anri's quests right this time.
I always wonder how many people see those quests through to the end without looking stuff up.

Ogawa-san

Yep. At least the one in Demon's Souls had places you could hide for a bit so you could swap it out.
___Yhorm___
will just tear you and the entire place apart before you can find it in the inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom