• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain to me how to read the stats? For example:

ijZfEhl.jpg

shpb32A.jpg
what does that 78+9 mean? How would a 78+9 be different from a 77+9? how about a 77+9 to a 77+10?

How about this one:
What does 159-63 to 174-69 mean?

I want to buy weapons and gear and upgrade them but I feel completely lost.

Thanks for guiding a blind man.

Trace

Banned
Why do I feel like I'm leveling suuuuper slowly

Because the leveling speed is closer to DS1 than DS2. 20 hours in DS1 I was at like 80 SL, 20 in DS2 I was at 150. 20 hours into DS3 I'm around 65. It's definitely pretty slow, makes each level more meaningful I guess.

105.Will

159 - 63 means the sword does 159 damage, but since you don't have the required stats to use it, its taking away 63 damage. The required stats are represented by the numbers at the bottom. Red means you do not reach requirements

Stupid tree with pus sacs for balls killed me a lot this afternoon. Almost had him once but couldn't kill him.

Also turning off Auto-Target really, really helped me enjoy the game more. I can't remember previous games doing that, but it annoyed me until I realized why.

UberLevi

Can't express how many times I've been screwed over because my item bar randomly decides it wants to equip something other than my Estus Flask and I don't notice until I try to heal.

105.Will

Can't express how many times I've been screwed over because my item bar randomly decides it wants to equip something other than my Estus Flask and I don't notice until I try to heal.

i just run with an empty bar, except estus. Nothing like trying to putting a summon sign down during a boss fight

The dark sword you can get from the 2 knights in front of the Abyss watchers is probably one of the best one-hand swords in the game, you can even upgrade it to scale A with strength.

Sane_Man

So I've finished the game but I never got the mimic helmet which I really want to farm. Does this mean I missed a mimic? I need that hat!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Can someone please explain to me how to read the stats? For example:

what does that 78+9 mean? How would a 78+9 be different from a 77+9? how about a 77+9 to a 77+10?

How about this one:

The second number is the adjustment for your stats. If your stats are insufficient, it subtracts damage. If your stats are above the reqs, it adds damage.

Shield damage is fairly irrelevant though.

So I've finished the game but I never got the mimic helmet which I really want to farm. Does this mean I missed a mimic? I need that hat!

I think I got mine from a mimic in the
Cathedral of the Deep
, but I'm not sure if it's a random drop or if that specific one has it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Is there any use for the
Tower Key
in the game or did I waste 20,000 Souls? I used it for one Tower close to the Firelink Shrine and that was it.

Jintor

Returned it on steam. Controller wouldn't work. Might get it again with the steam controller bundle.

I had this problem with a 360 controller. If your 360 drivers are up to date, I looked in control panel > device manger and disabled the HID-Compliant Game Controller under Human-Interface Devices and that fixed the issue.

Is there any use for the
Tower Key
in the game or did I waste 20,000 Souls? I used it for one Tower close to the Firelink Shrine and that was it.

You can get plenty of good stuff from the two towers you unlock, and there you can find the only item that can cure you if you took those free levels from the pilgrim. There is an estus shard also there somewhere.

UberLevi

Holy shit. Finally got to fight the P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
that I've been hearing so much about. Got my shit pushed in on the first try because I had no estus by the time I traversed the fog. Managed to get him on my second try. Was a nerve-wracking few minutes, loved it.

Sane_Man

I think I got mine from a mimic in the
Cathedral of the Deep
, but I'm not sure if it's a random drop or if that specific one has it.

I'm fairly sure I got that one but not 100% so I'll check it out. I found a guide which lists the locations but it's not complete and I think I have all the ones it lists.. annoying!

well i have done playthroughs of all the melee builds now. Cant say I am looking forward to magic builds with the current state of it, but I am going to start with pyro since that seems to be the least bleh.

konjak

Anyone know the name of the classic ring that makes you look normal (no color) as a white/red phantom? Seems they changed the name, and I don't want to go through a list of rings and spoil them all yet. I'm pretty damn sure I saw someone use it in this game.

The fucking
ice knight demon thing
at the
bottom of the tower in the Undead Settlement
is rocking my shit. Hard. And I can't figure out how the elevator works to get my souls back.

void666

Banned
So, illusory walls: hit or activate? Are there many illusory walls? I haven't found any yet.

I just discovered the catacombs. Is it me or does it looks a lot like chalice dungeons?

Wagram

Oh for fucks sake. Think the Anri quest-line has glitched out on me. Spoilers for the Ithiril church of Yorshka bit:

There was no assassin in there to "not kill". Wasn't in the corner as statue. Nothing :( No dark ending for me I guess!

It's possible this happened to me as well. Nothing was there and she straight disappeared. Perhaps she'll appear later.

Currently in the C
onsumed
K
ing's
G
arden
. I should go into the boss room here first before proceeding upward, right (lorewise I suppose)?

Fought C
hampion
G
undyr
today. What a trainwreck.
The charge attack he does in Phase 2 is fucking insane. I've never been able to dodge it and the follow-up attack. I always either die or just take 50% damage.
I beat it but jeez.

Soulflarz

Banned
Can I infuse my sword with multiple things like fire AND poison? or is it one infusion at a time?

one at a time, and a gem to undo it

honestly, I still suggest fire or no infusion

Fire is useful the entire game, no infusions useful that one time you fight the dark weakness guy and youll be begging for the extra damage

The fucking
ice knight demon thing
at the
bottom of the tower in the Undead Settlement
is rocking my shit. Hard. And I can't figure out how the elevator works to get my souls back.

I just beat him. He's scary as fuck but you want to roll into him and stay behind him and as close as possible. If you try to back off he will just relentlessly attack you with huge combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom