• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't express how many times I've been screwed over because my item bar randomly decides it wants to equip something other than my Estus Flask and I don't notice until I try to heal.

Holding Down for a second auto equips whatever is in the first slot of your item bar. No need to scroll through it, keep the Estus in front and you're good.

Animator

/\/\ Holy shit had no idea

So I've finished the game but I never got the mimic helmet which I really want to farm. Does this mean I missed a mimic? I need that hat!

The first mimic I killed in the beginning of the game
in the room under the dragon
dropped it for me.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Fuck yes! Felt like a bad ass beating
deacons of the deep first try lol. That was probably the easiest boss fight I've played in a from software game, bloodborne being the other one. I thought it was really cool looking though. Then I finally got someone to join my game and we took at those fuckin abyss watchers man. About time. Been a good night!!

U
ndead
S
ettlement
is fuckin huge. Finally progressed to the next area after 6 hours, probably of which 3.5-4 were spent here. I still have one more building to explore but I keep getting wrecked by the pair of evangelists near the top.

The next area is already hard lol, the enemies are super cool looking but my god are they agressive. Only tactic I'm finding works on them is just lay on them immediately and try to kill them before their wings sprout/my stamina runs out.

Holy shit. Thanks for this. Has this been in the past games?

Not sure, honestly. But it's crazy helpful in a panic.

I just shot a bunch of those weird
goat tree stump giants
and they dropped
Pharis' Bow and hat!

I admit I cheesed the fuck out of it, though. No way am I going down there.

Soulflarz

Banned
Fuck yes! Felt like a bad ass beating
deacons of the deep first try lol. That was probably the easiest boss fight I've played in a from software game, bloodborne being the other one. I thought it was really cool looking though. Then I finally got someone to join my game and we took at those fuckin abyss watchers man. About time. Been a good night!!

Easiest boss
Pinwheel.
Pin
wheel

Rezbit

Seeking some weapon help in terms of upgrades, potential weapon name spoilers etc:

Wondering what to spend my rare titanite slabs on. Already have a +10 Washing Pole but looking to upgrade a Halberd. Thinking either the +10 Red Hilted Halberd or the Black Knight Glaive. Is any in particular better you think, or just down to moveset preference?

Playing offline and just found
the illusory wall, item and how to get onto the lower roof at Firelink
on my own and felt so utterly cool and satisfied! Gotta say, another gameplay session down and this game is growing on me so much more every time and my criticisms are melting away slowly.

Caim

A
byss Watchers
fight was insane. It came down to the wire with me running out of Estus and then the
second phase
happened. Favorite boss in this game so far.

TheFlow

Banned
Soulsbros, I need your help. I can't figure out for the life of me, why some weapons I have, either don't show up on the weapon infusion screen. As in I click infuse weapon, and some weapons I have in my inventory (like the Pontiff Knight Curved Sword) aren't in the list. Or some weapons, like Uchigatana, I can't use my sharp stone on it?
Andre requires certain items in the game before he can make you advance weapons and such.

UberLevi

Holding Down for a second auto equips whatever is in the first slot of your item bar. No need to scroll through it, keep the Estus in front and you're good.

That doesn't help me whenever my item bar has switched unknowingly. I feel like my shit gets swapped around when I die and I don't notice until it's too late.

Logash

Thinking of going battle mage the rest of the game cause I like me some armor. How far should I build my atune/Int compared to str/end

shanafan

New player to Dark Souls here, so I know this is probably a basic question.

What is the purpose of Fading Souls? I have 7. When I use one, I gain 50 souls. What advantage does that pose to me? I could just leave them in my inventory.

Carm

How do I get up to the item in the screenshot below? Near third boss I believe. Took a photo of the TV... I'm guessing the SS is huge, to lazy to turn on PC to transfer from PS4.

http://imgur.com/gr5dwJX

Edit: Nevermind found the staircase up, went past it lot and never noticed it, damn thing blends into the environment to much.

TheFlow

Banned

What is the purpose of Fading Souls? I have 7. When I use one, I gain 50 souls. What advantage does that pose to me? I could just leave them in my inventory.
Any souls you get outside of boss are meant to be used so you don't have to farm enemies for them. Easy way to get a quick level later on

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.

Eventually, you'll find soul items that will be worth 1,000+. They're useful if you're short a handful of souls to level up or make purchases. Don't consume boss souls.

Raegal

They exist just to get a few extra souls, and there are similar items that give you a more reasonable number of souls. They are mainly useful for quickly getting a few more souls to buy a level or item you can almost pay for.

LiK

dat stupid
tree
boss took me a couple of tries. decided to just summon cuz i hate these types of bosses in the Souls games. had to summon 3 times before i got a pair of dudes who knew what they were doing. the other phantoms all died before me.

Nose Master

Just don't use lock on. Makes that segment of the fight so much easier

Yeah, it's still awful bullshit. That first phase is objectively the sloppiest shit. It's like they didn't even test it. You either go in untouched or waste 10 estus because "HEY CHECK OUT THIS ROCK THOUGH". I just want to attempt the second phase, not this RNG camera fight.

Manus

Wow being able to get the Covetous Silver Serpent Ring without the key so soon is crazy. Got it right after I got to Firelink. Wonder if it'll get patched.

Ogawa-san

Just got to the last boss, two deaths in.

Feels like Nameless King (which I did beat after like 40 deaths), the same "do I have time to do something or is he still comboing me?" lottery that got old already.

I don't remember either DS2 or BB being like this, but a handful of bosses in DS3 are relentless. They stop attacking for just long enough for you to think you can do something, and then they turn around and hit you before your animation even starts.

Moonkid

I somehow missed the
Cathedral area
and went straight to
Farron's Keep
. I'm now on
the Catacombs
but I'd rather try a different section because I can tell this is going to be tedious. How do I get to the area I missed?

Coda

Just got to the Farron Keep, this place is crazy! I luckily was able to run through and grab most of the items down there though despite the crazy slo-mo flowers.

Loving the atmosphere of this game, it's so bright color palate wise and dark at the same time with some great lighting and smoke effects.

los5hNU.jpg

Cq0gKzB.jpg

Also me at the beginning of the game. :)
j2id19k.jpg

Spoiler for late-game optional boss:
Not sure if anyone's aware, but Oceiros, the Consumed King's tail can be cut off, but I didn't see anything drop, unfortunately.

2Crisis

Why the heck is there a fog gate blocking to outside after every time I use the bonfire in fire link???

It goes away after I talk to every npc in there, but c'mon, wtf.

3v3 PVP is some of the funniest stuff I've seen in Dark Souls. I think it was available for Scholar of the First Sin too, but I never bought it and I disliked the pvp in DS2 after a while. In DSIII I've actually stopped progressing my first run and just kept doing invasions with my +3 fire uchi pyro.

Here's a couple 3v3 pvp pics. Taken before Farron's Keep.
First 3v3 was against this guy and his two sunbros. All invaders survived and I killed one of the sunbros with a jump attack from the ledge next to the stairs.

Tyrone Johnson here started as a disguised box next to the middle bonfire with sunbro Motha****a Jones, and after an exchange of parries and ripostes I had to retreat to the water section with a sliver of health, where the 2v1 turned first into me+crab vs them, and after a while a second red and a Farron guy appears and suddenly Tyrone and Jones decide to book it, straight to the 2 NPC fighters, so now it's a 5v2 (the crab gave up).

Tyrone decides the best course of action is a hasty retreat down the ladder, and everyone follows him. Gay...orio next to me decided ladders are too slow...

Tyrone is smart about it and waits for me at the base of the ladder, but I decide to jump attack him and we trade damage.

Gay...orio's dismissal of the ladder proved fatal. Meanwhile everyone else is now battling it out at the bottom of the ladder, and Tyrone isn't looking so hot anymore.

And so ends Tyrone's journey from a box to a dead guy at the hands of one of the NPC's. Motha****a Jones survives to tell the tale.

Why the heck is there a fog gate blocking to outside after every time I use the bonfire in fire link???

It goes away after I talk to every npc in there, but c'mon, wtf.

I think it's more a loading screen than an actual fog, but just my theory. Goes away with time, not by talking to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom