• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
After playing and beating bloodborne multiple times I decided to give this a shot. I was expecting the combat to feel faster, but man is it taking a bit to adjust.

1337Sauce

So if I'm playing coop with a friend and he dies, is the quickest way for us to join back up again to go back to the bonfire he respawns at, and place my sign on the ground again?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dodge/ignore them or multitask and pay attention to both while trying to kill him :) It's tough! But I BELIEVE IN YOU

Hello, old friend! Hope all is well :)

hey there buddy :) Hope you're finding DS3 well.

SRTtoZ

So what kind of builds are people running right now? How is magic compared to DS2? Are STR/Faith builds as good as vanilla DS2? I'm starting this up tonight.

I can never shake the feeling that I'm leaving one or two secret areas behind when I get to a new area but I try my best to explore, these areas are huge, and I'm loving this game so far.

TyrantII

DkSIII is like a night and day difference to DkSII. It's very apparent who gets it and who didn't.

Really happy with the game so far, especially the combat and return of good animations.

mujun

I can never shake the feeling that I'm leaving one or two secret areas behind when I get to a new area but I try my best to explore, these areas are huge, and I'm loving this game so far.

To the best of my knowledge there aren't that many areas and they are easy to go back to.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So what kind of builds are people running right now? How is magic compared to DS2? Are STR/Faith builds as good as vanilla DS2? I'm starting this up tonight.

I'm running Sorcerer. It's very underpowered compared to DSII. DSII allowed you to be a pure caster, but here it's very much a secondary tool. It's just too slow. Even normal soul arrows, with a ring to boost spell casting time feels like it takes 5 full seconds to go off. Enemies are extremely fast and honestly, the new FP system means you are very limited in amounts of casts.

Once you get a good +5 and upwards staff and 50+ Int...you start doing good damage. But yeah, you'll definitely need a good infused weapon (raw,crystal) and get your dodge cap on.

Steel

Banned
Is there a reason I SHOULDN'T use a Raw Stone to upgrade the Uchigana? It's only at +2 right now. I'm a Merc focusing on DEX.

For the short term it's fine. You'll get a damage boost. For the long term? Take it off later. It gets rid of the stat scaling, so you leveling up dex won't increase the damage of your uchi.

Does anyone know if it is worth it to infuse fire or dark on a strength weapon for a strength build? Probably not, huh? Like does the elemtal damage make up for the lower base damage and removed scaling?

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Just invaded someone that already had 1 black phantom and 2 helpers. And he used the item that aggros the enemies against us. 5 way free for all in the swamp featuring monsters!

Late Game Spoilers. I think I broke my save file.

So, I died at the same time Aldrich did. Died immediately after the cutscene. I don't know where I was teleported to, and see no bonfire to fast travel to. Is my game broken?

Veelk

Banned
Goddammit. Facing the
Abyss Watchers (final form)
with a claymore is like fighting Maria with a large and slow weapon. I always fought her with a quick weapon and considered it a fair game, but I can't even get close to the motherfucker with a claymore. Even if his hit doesn't get me, his
flames
will.

Skab

So is there a trick to getting summoned as a Blue Sentinel?

I've been invaded plenty, but have yet to be summoned to help anyone. Is there just very little way of the blue's out there, or do I have to be in a certain area or what?

-Opaque-

Does anyone know if it is worth it to infuse fire or dark on a strength weapon for a strength build? Probably not, huh?
Same deal as the raw infusion above, short term it may be worth it. Long term the scaling will produce more damage. But
there's an item that lets you undo infusions while keeping the normal upgrades.
Another thing worth noting is that infusing means it does 2 types of damage, which in turn means they are reduced by 2 types of resistances. So the damage boost may not be as much as it appears at first glance.

iddqd

Haha, fuck this game!

I'm in the "Skeleton area", creeping super slow because I'm loaded with 14.000 souls.
I read a sign on the floor warning me to "watch your back"

And still:
I continue only to get shoved by that ball thing, dead

HeelPower

Late post, but Im going to make some art to chronicle my playthrough of the game (as much as I can) Stayed up late to finish the first piece. Wanted to share before I went to bed and woke up for work in 5 hours, aaah

tumblr_o5m89nSB1Y1qed0geo1_1280.jpg
Amazing!

You have to
attack the pods you see on his feet, back and stomach in order to deal any damage to him.

I figured that, but I do really tiny chip damage and his limbs flail all over the place, not to mention the random enemies spawning everywhere. I assume I shouldn't even target the boss? Because it doesn't let me hit those.

Late Game Spoilers

So, I died at the same time Aldrich did. Died immediately after the cutscene. I don't know where I was teleported to, and see no bonfire to fast travel to. Is my game broken?

Was it the cutscene where
an old woman talks to you
? If so, go straight outside and down. You'll see the place where you fought
Vordt

Sane_Man

N
ameless
K
ing
down!! So fucking epic. Definitely one of the coolest ever Souls fights. Only slight annoyance was the camera during the first phase being a pain in the ass. Took me 12 tries which I don't think is too bad from what I've read.

If I put a sharp gem on my uchigatana would I still upgrade it with titanite or would I need more sharp gems?

I think the gems are just a sideways upgrade, meaning if you level it up with titanite shards to +2, it'll be Sharp +2 when you use a Sharp gem. Then you just continue leveling it normally

I figured that, but I do really tiny chip damage and his limbs flail all over the place, not to mention the random enemies spawning everywhere. I assume I shouldn't even target the boss? Because it doesn't let me hit those.
If you
attack the little pods/zits on his limbs they will eventually explode and deal a chunk of his health away and you just need to compete rinsing and repeating. They won't respawn so you have to hit different ones each time until they are all broken. I found it was best to focus on his back while he swings his front branches back and forth and then focus on them when he isn't attacking.

Evwrything about the lead up to the
Anor Londo
reveal was incredible. A few subtle hints, then it just hits you.

I don't agree with the complaints of "too much fan service". I think it was handled just right.

J4g3r

Lost my 28 hour save today thanks to a Windows 10 update corrupting my system.

Just gotten to
Lothric Castle.

Had to do a fresh install, wonder why it didn't save on Steam cloud...

Well...I wasn't going to get it, or at least wait for a big sale. But I got it off GMG. I did not like DS2, got the original and Scholar of the First Sin and while it looked amazing I just didn't like it compared to DeS or DS1 (which I platinum'd on ps3 no less). Tried to play DS2 several times and just couldn't bring myself to trudge through it.

Better get some more beer while it downloads.

So I need to go to the High Wall of Lothric? I died immediately after the cutscene. Couldn't even see where I was.

If you haven't picked them up yet, your souls should be in
Aldrich's boss chamber
. After, you need to go to the
chapel straight ahead of Vordt's bonfire

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
No Steam Cloud save in this game. Super annoying.

I mentioned this awhile back when someone said they were formatting. I upload my save to Dropbox every night when I'm finished. It's almost unbelievable it doesn't support cloud saving but it takes 2 minutes to do it yourself, you can even set up Onedrive to sync automatically (Google it, there are guides).

UberLevi

I'm standing next to
Siegward
near the
sewer area
in
Irithyll
. Anyone know if there are any nearby bonfires? I'm low on health and out of flasks, but don't really wanna go all the way back to the last bonfire.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found the
Distant Manor
bonfire.

I'm standing next to
Siegward
near the
sewer area
in
Irithyll
. Anyone know if there are any nearby bonfires? I'm low on health and out of flasks, but don't really wanna go all the way back to the last bonfire.

EDIT: Nevermind, just found the
Distant Manor
bonfire.

go back out the way you came in and look around more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom