• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT| Thy path has been tested, now fight unkindled ash

Status
Not open for further replies.
After defeating the
Giant Tree
boss in Undead Settlement and going into
Road of Sacrifices
, should I be going to
Cathedral
or
Farron Keep
?

You can do either. I explored the latter first (lots of good items to be found) but didn't do the boss there yet. I went to the former and it is a good fun challenge.

After defeating the
Giant Tree
boss in Undead Settlement and going into
Road of Sacrifices
, should I be going to
Cathedral
or
Farron Keep
?
Up to you, whichever you're feeling to be honest.

Farron isn't too hard to go through but it's the usual swamp area misery and the boss is the hardest at this point in the game. Cathedral is more of a pain in the ass to go through but the boss seems a lot more manageable. The nice thing about the warp system is you can basically start one and check out after making some progress and getting some bonfires

dmr87

Been playing for about 20 hours and so far the game is lacking cool looking lightweight armor (not counting your typical spellcaster robes etc), literally been playing in rags for the majority of the time. Now I could've missed something or I might find some later on but I'm just saying. Recently found some
Assassin armor set
but it looks like shit.

105.Will

Just had the most interesting invasion experience. A guy invaded me and waited until i killed the enemys in the area so we could have an honorable duel, but every time i killed one another would spawn in 15, maybe 20 seconds. He waited every time until i finished the enemy, so the duel went off and on for about 5 minutes

Hikami

Being a blue sentinel in this game is so much fun. I get summoned constantly.

OfzMHr8.jpg
8ssQGvd.jpg

Man, my connection must be shit. Went into someone's game to help with a boss and he was all stationary slidey and I couldn't enter the fog gate and just watched from the other side as he died. Feel bad about that one

also why are those hanging mummies (with items) going back to their initial state once you're at a bonfire? there was one i chopped off just before the cathedral. once i went down to get it it was nowhere to be found.

Citadel

Just had an awesome multiplayer moment a few minutes ago. So I'm on the
High Wall
and lay down my mad Sign and get summoned pretty much instantly. I went into the Host's world with the intention of helping the guy out - it starts off on the right track. We start killing some enemies together, and have a jolly time. Host points in the direction of where he wants to go (or so I assume) and I turn around. He then backstabs me, and a duel ensues. I still don't want to attack him, but he's forcing my hand. We begin this duel on top of this tower overlooking the entire castle, and we're both evenly matched.

His world was then invaded by a red phantom, and we both decide to put our duel on hold. We race towards the red phantom in the distance, who happens to be a pyromancer, and start the next fight. This guy is dodging like no one I've ever seen, neither of us could hit the guy at all. His spells didn't seem very strong, but he was very fast. He knew that he couldn't beat us, so he kept running off along the wall to gather mobs of enemies to distract us, which didn't work so well in his favor. Finally, we cornered him inside a dark room with only one exit, aside from a long fall/ladder down. This is where he died. As the host was busy dealing with the rest of the mobs, I rush the pyro and somehow manage to get behind him and backstab him, and deal a large amount of damage. He was vulnerable, and we took advantage. No amount of rolling could save him, and he knew it. Thinking that he could parry my attacks, he tried to bash his shield against me - he failed. I've never won a PVP match in Dark Souls 3 yet, but I knew I had him here. I waited until made his move, then I made mine. And he was banished.

Sorry for the long post, this is really the first time I've had such a great co-op moment in Dark Souls before. I had to tell someone. This game is incredible, and I think I'll be sticking with the Mound-Makers for a while. Such a dynamic covenant.

z1ggy

Holy shit 528,435 ±17,109 - Steamspy

I had a very, very, VERY hard time with that curse rotted greatwood, but it was so fun...I loved it.

Also, anyone knows why when i summon people against this boss they couldnt go thru the smog? its a bug?

HeelPower

So are there secret areas in High walls of lothric ? I saw
stairs above emma the old lady
and a
locked door I cant open.

Searched for hours and found nothing...without too many spoilers, am I missing something? or do we come back here later ??

Any hints please?!

NZNova

Also, anyone knows why when i summon people against this boss they couldnt go thru the smog? its a bug?

You can't traverse the fog straight away, you hate to wait until the boss itself is engaged at which point you're given a prompt that says "critical battle may now be accessed", at which point you can traverse the fog.

tesqui

I have only been invaded like 5 times in the entirety of the souls series. Haven't been invaded once in this game so far. Do I have to forward some ports or something?

You just equip the covenant item and.. that's it, you just wait. The icon on the top left will be flashing when you're in an area where you can be summoned.

Is this different from the item you get from the
woman who gives you the banner? Not sure if that item which summons people to your world if you're invaded is different.

Get'sMad

and a
locked door I cant open.

Searched for hours and found nothing...without too many spoilers, am I missing something? or do we come back here later ??

Any hints please?!

just how much do you like Emma? I mean what the hell has she ever
really
done for you? ;)

z1ggy

You can't traverse the fog straight away, you hate to wait until the boss itself is engaged at which point you're given a prompt that says "critical battle may now be accessed", at which point you can traverse the fog.

Oh ok, got it. Thank you.

Hikami

Is this different from the item you get from the
woman who gives you the banner? Not sure if that item which summons people to your world if you're invaded is different.

Yeah, that's a different item. That one lets you (automatically) summon the blue sentinels when you're invaded.

Soulflarz

Banned
and a
locked door I cant open.

Any hints please?!

Don't remember for 1
if 2 is in the basement, talk to the guy by the thrones in the hub :V

Holy shit 528,435 ±17,109 - Steamspy

I had a very, very, VERY hard time with that curse rotted greatwood, but it was so fun...I loved it.

yea, it's a bug

i find it works best if you wait a few seconds after the "phantom xyz has been summoned" message appears before passing through the fog. I've been on the other end of it (summoned to help someone but couldn't get past the fog) and it's frustrating. you just sit there mashing x, stepping in and out waiting to get through but it never happens

Unrelated, I just got to the
demons soul prison level
, which I had no idea is in the game. very tense!
it really makes me want a remake of demons souls.... :)

Being a blue sentinel in this game is so much fun. I get summoned constantly.

What level are you? I've left sentinels and darkmoon equipped for at least 8+ hours on end and haven't been summoned to either yet. On the other hand, I can use a red eye orb and invade instantly.

Proc

Time just melts away in this game. I love it so much!

I can't wait to join the Sun Bros if they are still a thing...I assume so.

I've been helping people out with boss fights and its just great fun.

The small and frequent accomplishments in this game really goes a long way. Battling the early knights gave me great joy and the added benefit of grinding titanite shards.

Incredible gameplay and control. I'm taking my time with it and can't say enough kind things. Continues to be my favourite series of recent time.

Hikami

What level are you? I've left sentinels and darkmoon equipped for at least 8+ hours on end and haven't been summoned to either yet. On the other hand, I can use a red eye orb and invade instantly.

Level 30, I just reached 8 hours played on this character. Messing around with the multiplayer stuff instead of progressing.

HeelPower

Battling the early knights gave me great joy and the added benefit of grinding titanite shards.

Fantastic enemies.They struck a really good balance with these enemies.Very tough but very fair.

I would imagine these knights would wreck new players pretty hard l ,because they were challenging and super robust to me coming off of BB DLC!

Level 30 I just reached 8 hours played on this character. Messing around with the multiplayer stuff instead of progressing.

Could you tell me what your highest level equipped weapon is? I was exactly level 30 for most of this playthrough, and kept my weapon at +4, but was never summoned for at least 8 hours keeping sentinels equipped.

GulAtiCa

Holy hell. I just got invaded 3 times in short span! Two at the same time. One was NPC, which I was lucky the actual human person couldn't find me. Ended up killing them all. Last guy was a close call. Esp since during those other 2 invasions, I didn't rest, so had less estus flasks on me. Just funny having 3 invasions in short span of 5 minutes.. lol

Hikami

Could you tell me what your highest level equipped weapon is? I was exactly level 30 for most of this playthrough, and kept my weapon at +4, but was never summoned for at least 8 hours keeping sentinels equipped.

Just been using a Fire infused Uchigatana +2

Jamiaro

Level 48 with 28h on the clock. 8 bosses defeated total, including tutorial. My GOTY. <3

I have a hard time deciding on a second weapon. I main a Refined
Dark Sword
+7.

26 hours in with 2 more bosses to go until I've beaten every single one and here's my fashion souls/Build!

pLNVoZ9.png

Fashion Souls
Exile's Mask
Knight's Armour
Exile's Gauntlets
Knight's Leggings

Weapons & Equipment
Butcher's Knife +10 (402 DMG)
Zwhiehander +9 (435 DMG)
Drang Hammers +8 (328 DMG)
Lothric Knight's Greatshield

All while still under 70% equip load for medium roll. Life is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom